Profile for Madgie > Reviews

Content by Madgie

Madgie "Madgie" (Orkney, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Zombieland [DVD] [2010]
Zombieland [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Woody Harrelson

5.0 out of 5 stars The Must Have Zombie Film You Can't Stop Watching!, 19 April 2011
This review is from: Zombieland [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I saw this film for the first time last night on Sky Comedy, I LOVED every second of it! They made the film sort of like a video game (like Black Ops Zombies) and the comedy was completely my sense of humour! Bill Murray even stars in it and re-enacts a scene from Ghostbusters! I REALLY hope they make a sequel of this movie! If you haven't seen this movie, what are you waiting for? Buy it NOW!!!

RØDE VideoMic Directional On-Camera Microphone
RØDE VideoMic Directional On-Camera Microphone
Offered by H.PRESTON MEDIA

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Sound at an affordable price!, 13 April 2011
I bought this microphone to go with my Canon EOS 550D. The sound quality is fantastic! The only minor drawback is the hiss, but this only usually occurs when everything is silent. Simple noises cover up the quiet hiss sound. I only use the mic outdoors so you can't hear the hiss anyway. There are also videos on youtube on how to stop the hiss. Feel free to look them up. 100% Recommendation for this microphone!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2011 12:11 PM BST

Family Guy - Season 10 [DVD]
Family Guy - Season 10 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seth MacFarlane

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes The Simpsons Look Like Kids Stuff, 9 April 2011
This review is from: Family Guy - Season 10 [DVD] (DVD)
This review is by my 15 year old son. I LOOOOOOOOOVE Family Guy! I am hugely disappointed that Facebook only has a Like button, WHERE is the freaking LOVE button?! Even though I am a teenager, I don't think Family Guy is suitable for children, Family Guy is a sanctuary for teenagers and adults who need to get away from kids who watch The Simpsons. If you have kids, just let them watch The Simpsons, Family Guy is rated 15 for a reason. WARNING: THIS NEXT PART CONTAINS SPOILERS. I suppose the only downside about Family Guy is that they make permanent character chances. For example (as well ALL know) Cleveland has gone :( and Bonnie finally stopped being pregnant. Also in the Mansion 1 Hour special Mort's wife got killed off, Gillian's husband Derek is now dead, and now Dianne Simmons is no longer anchoring the news due to her untimely death, Dianne has now been replaced by Joyce Kinney. But I think we can get used to Joyce in not too long, unless they make an episode that reveals she survived!

SPOILERS END HERE: Also for the people who were disappointed by Brian being hated, he is now starting to become a casual guy again. People insult him a LOT less now but Quagmire still doesn't like him. The show gets FUNNIER every series, the part when Peter sings Surfing Bird slowly made me nearly choke on my pizza! If you still watch The Simpsons, Shame on you! Switch to Family Guy PRONTO!!! It is 1000000000000000 Times funnier than The Simpsons ever was. If you don't have the DVD's BUY THE WHOLE BOX SET 1-9!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2011 1:59 PM BST

Canon EOS 550D Digital SLR Camera (inc 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens Kit) (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Laptop Outlet UK

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't need a giant shoulder mounted camera to get such amazing quality, 24 Mar 2011
this is by far, the best camera I have ever used. even though the controls are a bit weird and confusing at first, you get used to it really quickly. I would VERY much recommend this camera. It even has a mic plug-in for external microphones!

Night Of The Living Dead [Blu-ray]
Night Of The Living Dead [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Judith O'Dea

4.0 out of 5 stars Original, Uncut and Digitally Polished to Perfection, 17 Feb 2011
The Blu-Ray version of this classic horror movie has done well. The picture quality has been brilliantly improved so there is a LOT less film grain, and also the sound quality is much more crisp. You can actually hear what the characters are saying!
This version also has the original score soundtrack and doesn't have the stupid 1990's remake clips in it.

Microphone Windshield, Black
Microphone Windshield, Black
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit and works like a charm, 16 Feb 2011
I bought this for my average sized microphone which I use for voice narration on my Mac. The only problem with my Mic of course was that it recorded a breathy, wind blowing like sound whenever you pronounce your "f"s. So I purchased this foam mic windshield for a very cheap 77p. Even though the microphone was delivered in the south of England and I live in Orkney, it came ONE DAY after I ordered it!!! I was VERY impressed by the delivery speed. When I unpacked it I immediately ran a test with it to find FANTASTIC results! The wind blowing, breath noise was completely gone! Even blowing deliberately into the product is still quiet. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a foam windshield as this IS the AVERAGE SIZED one!

Fred: The Movie [DVD] [2010] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Fred: The Movie [DVD] [2010] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Lucas Cruikshank
Offered by supermart_usa

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 2 Feb 2011
I have seen Fred's videos on Youtube and they were alright to begin with. But after about 5 videos they just got annoying and unfunny. Fred has humiliated himself and has become the most hated person on the internet besides Justin Bieber. This film has a mockumentary style filming method so it's Borat for kids except Borat is actually funny. The humour is poor. Avoid this film!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2011 7:16 AM GMT

The Simpsons - Season 13 - Complete [DVD]
The Simpsons - Season 13 - Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dan Castellaneta

1.0 out of 5 stars It isn't funny anymore, 6 Jan 2011
The Simpsons is just getting old now. It started 22 years ago and made people laugh for a while. But ten years after The Simpsons started Family Guy took over. By 2004 most of the adults who had previously watched The Simpsons had switched to Family Guy because it had more adult humour. The Simpsons has been dead for seven years and will need a miracle to come back to life.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2011 12:08 AM GMT

The Inbetweeners - Series 1-3 - Complete [DVD]
The Inbetweeners - Series 1-3 - Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Bird

5.0 out of 5 stars Is The Inbetweeners suitable for children?, 21 Nov 2010
The obvious answer is... YES! There are tons of kids in modern society who are growing up in sexual environments and learn swear words from their parents, the internet and their friends so what's the point in age ratings?! About 80% of parents are divorced in the UK and most of them being one parent cheating on the other and the child will hear all sorts of sex talk during the arguments that bang on day and night. This DVD is recommended for filming old people's reactions!

Terminator Salvation (Director's Cut) [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Terminator Salvation (Director's Cut) [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Christian Bale
Offered by Champion Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Realistic Battle Experience I have EVER seen!, 30 Oct 2010
This film is top notch. The Full HD 1080p Picture Quality was so amazing, that most of the time I thought I was actually in the battlefield rather than my living room. The HD surround sound was just fantastic too. The explosions were realistically loud and I actually felt the floor vibrating!
I watched this on my PS3 plugged into my Sony Bravia Full HD 1080p 40 Inch LED TV with 100Hz Motionflow and it was definitely the most realistic viewing experience for me. I would recommend this movie for any who's desperately trying to encourage their family and friends into switching to Blu-Ray!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4