Profile for Madgie > Reviews

Content by Madgie

Madgie "Madgie" (Orkney, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
TECTAKE LUXURY OFFICE CHAIR WITH DOUBLE CUSHION
TECTAKE LUXURY OFFICE CHAIR WITH DOUBLE CUSHION
Offered by TecTake

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent, 25 Mar. 2013
Just so happened to order this chair when Britain had major snow storms but it amazingly only took five days to deliver from Germany! It arrived well packaged with plenty of bubble wrap and it took me an hour to put together but this was because I'd made a really dumb mistake and put the arms the wrong way round and didn't realize for about twenty minutes. Once finished I sat down and it felt great. It's so comfy I could sleep in it.

District 9 [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
District 9 [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Sharlto Copley

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly The Best Movie Ever, 17 Nov. 2011
I am absolutely serious, I haven't seen such an amazing movie since Avatar. I hadn't seen this till last month when I came across it on Sky Movies by accident and since then I have been so glad that I saw it. I couldn't take my eyes off it and enjoyed it so much I actually watched the credits. It is a movie ANYONE can love. It has humour, horror, non-stop action and amazing special effects. The mockumentary filming style also makes the movie seem more like an actual event rather than just a fantasy story. if you are considering buying this movie in HD, then I say go for it! The picture quality is stunning and the sound quality is unreal. I would actually recommend this movie over Avatar.

Goldeneye 007: Reloaded - Move Compatible (PS3)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded - Move Compatible (PS3)
Offered by Super-bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bond Game Ever!!!!!!!!!, 4 Nov. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This HD remake of the original Goldeneye game is the best Bond game I have ever played. Activision have really done a great job, and the graphics are possibly the best I have seen on any HD remake game.

The Single player campaign story was as gripping as the movie, the combat is really good and the gameplay is very smooth. The Multiplayer is also very fun online. There are ranks, classes and gadgets (like perks) just like COD. They also stuck with the classic 4 play split screen where there are also classes but no ranks which was a bit of a shame. Both online and split screen have great modes like golden gun, and not just the typical team death match like cod. You can also change the settings on games like the size of players from big hardcore soldiers into small midgets that cannot jump are climb.

My personal favorite thing about this game though is the amazing MI6 ops mode (a lot like Spec ops from MW2). Unlike Spec Ops you can edit the setting in this mode as well like changing bullets into paint balls and my favourite the ragdoll mode when soldiers fly and flip, toss and twirl when they die. The missions are good as well with loads of stealth, shooting and defending.

I think this game is excellent and I highly recommend it to anyone who plays FPS games and even people who love COD.

Acer Aspire 5735 15.6 inch Laptop (Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo Mobile Processor T6400 2.0GHz, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Vista Home Premium)

1.0 out of 5 stars The Worst Laptop I Have Ever Used, EVER, 19 Sept. 2011
I got this laptop in January 2009, for the first 3 to 4 months, It worked decently, sometimes it was a bit slow, but acceptable if you had loads of time on your hands. Then out of the blue, when I started it up one day and went on MS Word, the screen lit up white and the mouse cursor went into a spinning blue wheel, this had never happened before. I then found out that there was a simple fix for this, just leave the screen on the desktop for exactly and ten minutes before doing ANYTHING else. Then after a while the trick stopped working most of the time and sometimes after doing it, programmes took half an hour to open up, fed up with this, I took it to get fixed. The repair shop returned it five days later telling me it was littered with viruses, I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I had never even used the internet on my laptop and used only built in software. After I brought it home the waiting ten minute thing had gone away, but after less than two weeks, the laptop started turning itself off without warning, this angered me hugely and the laptop is still REALLY slow most of the time. I am stuck with this piece of **** until I can afford a new, more reliable laptop that ACTUALLY works. Does anyone else have similar problems?

RØDE Deadcat Furry Windshield Microphone
RØDE Deadcat Furry Windshield Microphone

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, 23 Aug. 2011
I bought this hoping it would stop the wind ruining the sound. When I used it, it made VERY little difference. It is only good in very light breeze.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2012 4:57 PM BST

qtx Clip Type Holder for Microphone
qtx Clip Type Holder for Microphone
Offered by imustbuy

2.0 out of 5 stars spring snapped, 2 July 2011
I had this for about 4 months and it worked until one day I was moving the mic stand and the spring inside the clamp just snapped without warning.

How Not To Live Your Life - Series 1 [DVD]
How Not To Live Your Life - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dan Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars The Inbetweeners Meets Ideal, 18 Jun. 2011
I first found out about this show when the third series premiered on BBC Three, when I watched it, I forced myself to watch the rest of the series! It is VERY VERY funny! It's packed with jokes and you laugh at least every 10 or 20 seconds. I tried to compare it to other comedies and the only similar style ones are The Inbetweeners and Ideal both of which are very popular. BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!!

Family Guy - Season 11 [DVD]
Family Guy - Season 11 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seth MacFarlane

5.0 out of 5 stars List of Episodes in this DVD set, 3 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Family Guy - Season 11 [DVD] (DVD)
Halloween on Spooner Street
Tiegs For Two
Brothers And Sisters
The Big Bang Theory
Foreign Affairs
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2011 7:59 PM BST

Psychoville - Series 1 (Digipack Edition) [DVD]
Psychoville - Series 1 (Digipack Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Reece Shearsmith
Offered by filmrollen

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this supposed to be funny?, 3 Jun. 2011
I watched the whole series and didn't even giggle. The plots are way too serious to be a comedy show. It has NO humour at all.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2012 6:55 AM BST

Disaster Movie [DVD]
Disaster Movie [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Lanter
Offered by DVD Overstocks

1.0 out of 5 stars The Trailer Ruined The Movie, 24 April 2011
This review is from: Disaster Movie [DVD] (DVD)
When you see the trailer for this movie, you think "This is gonna be funny and good." but then you see the film, and realise they put all the best bits IN THE TRAILER. Save your money and watch the trailer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4