Profile for JMH170 > Reviews

Content by JMH170

JMH170 "JMH170" (Lothian, Scotland)

Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Deluxe A4, Duplex Wi-Fi Scanner
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Deluxe A4, Duplex Wi-Fi Scanner

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 12 Jan 2014
Despite reading great reviews this scanner has turned out so much better than I thought.

I've tinkered with the default settings to ensure it works exactly as I need and very quickly enabled me to be almost paperless. More importantly with a folder setup containing searchable PDFs and using the excellent foxit pdf viewere which has a fairly capable search facility (its free to download) - I can find anything within minutes at worst and normally in seconds.

The scanner is fast - accurate - and jams only when I get careless and give it wrinkled up paperwork.
Taking a few seconds to get the same wrinkled up papers orgainsed and straightened / flat(ish) - will ensure it scans just as everyting else does - brilliantly!
Ive tried the other scanning outputs (OCR etc) and all work to expected standards as promised in the literature.

Even odd sized scrap papers will scan through and pass to your application of choice. ( I often place scraps on information to my mobile via the evernote option - Its so easy!)

No problems with setup - simple installation and scanning within minutes of operning the box.

The expense was a concern for me at first but over a few short weeks its already been worth it. I can see years of valuable servce ahead.

Simple to operate - small footprint and pleasing to the eye.

Performance example: 40 page document scanned, filed and saved as searchable PDF - I'm moving onto the next docuement within 90 seconds.

Have a good system for scaanning and saving and you'll process lots very efficently.

I'll be very interested if Fujitsu manage to improve this signifiantly.