Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Shop now
Profile for The Old Grey Witch's Test > Reviews

Content by The Old Grey W...

The Old Grey Witch's Test
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hallmark Gift Bag 'Birds and Butterflies' - Bottle Bag
Hallmark Gift Bag 'Birds and Butterflies' - Bottle Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars For nature lovers!, 1 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an absolutely lovely gift bag, with its beautifully drawn birds and butterflies on a white stuff card background. The best bit, though, is the gift tag which comes in the form of a bird box. It's not just for wine or alcohol giving, of course. You could use it to wrap a home made cordial or jam. Whatever you decide to give, if you've got a girly, nature-loving friend or relative this is just the bag!

Barbie Glitter Hair Doll
Barbie Glitter Hair Doll

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Doll Who Deserves A Better Dress!, 30 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Barbie Glitter Hair Doll (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First the business background. Since Disney released its Frozen range sales of Barbie have plummeted. This new doll is part of an attempt to stem this decline.

And what a lovely doll she is! I must say I had got rather tired of the politically correct Barbies with their serious careers and sensible clothes. This one goes right back to the drawing board with her Louboutin type shoes, shiny skirt, blingy necklace, and, of course that ravishing long blond hair. The idea with this doll is that you put a section of the hair inside a grey plastic styling tool before placing one of the 16 adhesive sheets against the hair. You then press on glitter using one of the 7 glitter sheets. Voila. A doll that gives anything from Frozen a run for its money. And glitter everywhere. What fun!

As I said, I think this is a lovely doll and the added attraction of adding glitter to its hair makes it great fun. I'm sure any little girl would love to have one. One thing I would say, though, is that the clothes don't really match the effect achieved by sparkling the hair. This Barbie would look far better (and more Frozen princess like) if she had a long skirt or a ball gown on.

Gluten-Free All-in-One For Dummies
Gluten-Free All-in-One For Dummies
by Consumer Dummies

3.0 out of 5 stars Good explanation. Poor Recipes., 28 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was very much looking forward to this as I am coeliac and there are precious few books around that explain the causes of the condition well. And this is a great big paperback, offering 5 books in one and recipes too! I was not at all disappointed with the first few chapters which carefully explain the difference between wheat allergy, gluten intolerance and full blown coeliac disease and give a comprehensive account of which food to avoid. However, I soon became impatient with the American emphasis on the current fad for going gluten free as a 'lifestyle choice' rather than for good medical reasons. According to this we should all go gluten free because wheat appeared late in human history so our guts are not adapted to use it. The gluten free diet is then likened to the paleo diet where you only eat non processed foods that have been around for a long time. I soon found that the book talked the talk but didn't walk the walk as the Americans say. Many of the recipes are packed with processed sugar....surely not something available to our Neolithic ancestors?! The recipes too contain far too many ingredients that are not gluten free. Worcestshire sauce, for instance. The original sauce was gluten free, but if you check modern bottles you will see they contain wheat and that the vinegar used is malt which contains gluten. Similarly, you need to be very careful with soy sauce. It shouldn't contain wheat, traditional versions don't as they are rice-based, but newer ones certainly do. Generally, I was very disappointed with the recipes which seemed hell- bent on reproducing American junk foods in gluten free form. The joy of gluten free living, as far as I'm concerned is that your world becomes filled with fresh fruit, vegetables, seeds, and legumes; all the stodgy stuff you used to eat is vanquished. But this book glorifies stodge and vanquishes legumes! (Why? Surely legumes have been around since the start of human time).

Overall, then. This book is good at explaining why gluten containing foods may be problematic. But if you need a gluten-free recipe book there are much better ones available.

Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days Ultra-Replenishing Lotion 250 ml
Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days Ultra-Replenishing Lotion 250 ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Smells Awful And Contains Palm Oil., 26 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing I noticed about this cream was the smell which I found quite unpleasant and which, I found, was very long lasting. On reading the ingredients I found that the cream contains olive oil which might explain the unpleasantness or it might be due to the probiotic. Unfortunately, I also found another ingredient to be palm oil which we are all trying to avoid using nowadays (aren't we?) due to the destruction of wildlife habitats caused by the palm oil industry.

I did not find the lotion to be any better than any other on the market, and for me the totally unnecessary use of palm oil far outweighs any supposed skin benefits. I leave you to decide where you stand on this...

BOHEM Gold Jewellery Nail Art Kimono Ichimatsu, Medium
BOHEM Gold Jewellery Nail Art Kimono Ichimatsu, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Businesslike!, 26 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Another fab nail! This one has an embossed square pattern which looks very businesslike when worn. I think I prefer these gold coloured ones to the silver ones, but they are all lovely, and, of course, of very high quality. I'm sure these nails are going to be must-have stocking fillers this Christmas.

Hallmark Gift Bag 'Flowers and Butterflies' - Medium Gift Bag
Hallmark Gift Bag 'Flowers and Butterflies' - Medium Gift Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Prettiest ever seen., 26 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As much as I love buying presents, I hate wrapping them and almost always use bags. This one has the prettiest design I have ever seen. In delicate pastel pinks, blues and greens it shows flowers and butterflies. The 'lace' topping is gorgeous and the handles are real pink ribbon with a gift card attached. The bag is large enough for an I-pad, and wide enough for a stuffed toy.

Garnier Ambre Solaire Ultimate Blends Shine Revitaliser Shampoo 400 ml - Pack of 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Bouncy!, 24 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This shampoo has the most gorgeous,uplifting, citrus smell. I found I only needed to use a small quantity to get a good lather and it rinsed off really easily. My hair was left squeaky keen, shiny, and, just like it says on the bottle, really 'bouncy'. The bottle is huge so this makes it highly economical. Highly recommended.

Purina PRO PLAN Dog All Sizes Adult Light or Sterilised with OptiWeight Rich in Chicken Dry Food - 3 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars A good diet food!, 24 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At last! After several weeks testing other food the Great Amazon Vine Testing Beagle is finally sent a bag of her normal food. Whilst she doesn't exactly wolf this down like some of the richer, smellier foods of late, she still eats it and it certainly has the effect of slimming her down when she is put on it for an extended period. it also appears to keep her teeth clean and her coat shiny. I must stress that GAVTB does not have a sensitive gut so it does not matter for her that the food is not gluten free. It appears to be made mainly of 'good quality' chicken and rice. There is no indication that the chicken is free range so this might be an issue for some.

Maped 836111 Color Peps Smoothy Crayons (Pack of 6)
Maped 836111 Color Peps Smoothy Crayons (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful bright colour., 24 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't know why people seem to think these are for children. They are clearly made for old women with arthritic fingers like me! They are really easy to handle and produce a smooth stream of wonderful, bright colour. You can then use a wet paintbrush or a soft sponge to get a more watercolour look or to blend the colours to make new colours. They come in a handy plastic pack making them easy to transport so you can do quick sketches on the go.

BETA Adult Sensitive with Salmon Dry Dog Food, 2.5 kg (Pack of 4)
BETA Adult Sensitive with Salmon Dry Dog Food, 2.5 kg (Pack of 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Food, but Not Gluten-Free., 22 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Great Amazon Vine Testing Beagle really loves this and so do I. The reasons I love it are:
1. It is based on salmon rather than chicken or other meat, so no cruelty is involved. Salmon is also rich in omega3 which is vital for skin, heart, and nervous system function.
2. It contains 2 sizes of kibble. The larger ones help keep the teeth free of plaque, the smaller ones are great for placing in hide-and-seek toys or for using as treats.
3. Extra minerals and vitamins are provided for optimal health.
4. It contains a high concentration of chicory which is supposed to aid digestion.(though I'm not 100% sure I believe this).

The only thing I'm not too sure about for dogs with 'sensitive' guts is the inclusion of the cereals. My dog is in no way sensitive so can thrive on this food. Your dog may require a gluten free food if bloating and wind are a problem.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20