Profile for David Pugh > Reviews

Content by David Pugh

David Pugh "Plastonick" (United Kingdom)

Monoprice Headphone Splitter with Separate Volume Control - White
Monoprice Headphone Splitter with Separate Volume Control - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Not usable as female-female connector., 14 Dec 2013
Although admittedly not advertised as a female-female 3.5mm connecter, I was disappointed to find out that it didn't work as such. I imagine there's some sort of diode used in the volume controllers which prohibits this.

Otherwise, merely as a headphone splitter it works extremely well and would have gained five stars were it not for the aforementioned reason. It transmits iPhone play/pause, and volume up/down signals perfectly, and therefore likely functions with the microphone too, although this remains untested by me.

The connectors are solid and assuring, my headphones click securely in place, so does the male end of the splitters click securely into any headphone socket I present with it. The wires are perhaps a little thinner than I'd like and seem potentially fragile, especially with the fairly chunky volume controls attached to them, but they have thus far worked perfectly.

Long story short; works fine, shame there is no direct connection between female ends.

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by Eden Falls Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly., 2 Dec 2012
It's an excellent length and picture/sound quality is fantastic. HDMI cables carry a digital signal so some of the fancy things the more expensive cables boast are generally useless to picture/sound quality at least. I recommend.

Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Offered by atvparthubs

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, 2 Dec 2012
There's little else to say, it works fine and I've thus far experienced no problems. Seems durable and well made.

I try to keep price out of a review (and it is exempt from the rating given for the product), but I can't help feeling it's far too expensive for what it is.

TTsims - ActionShell Series Rugged case for iPhone 5 - Tough Extreme Protection Shock Absorbent with Folding Stand - Polycarbonate Casing with Silicone Lining (Light Grey/Blue)
Offered by TTsims

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality and Highly Functional Case, 2 Dec 2012
The two layers to this shell are exactly what I was looking for. It offers great protection from bumps from any height (my phones tend to go through several, and so far I see no evidence of this on my phone). The stand again is nice for watching YouTube/Films/Video conversations and doesn't get in the way otherwise unless it's extended. The case looks great and nothing's impeded by it (buttons/ camera etc.).

Can't recommend enough, I'll answer questions posed here to the best of my ability.

MONITOR HEADPHONES, 50MM
MONITOR HEADPHONES, 50MM

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Silence, 13 July 2012
I was looking for a pair of headphones with great comfort, good sound isolation and a nice quality audio output. The Sony MDR ZX700s deliver each quite beautifully, I go to and from US fairly regularly, and it blocks out the vast majority of the drone of the engines, and as soon as I put them up to about half the volume I'd normally use, the sound of the engines has entirely vanished (alongside the stewardesses asking me for my choice!).

I would certainly recommend this.

EDIT: Minor issue, after using the headphones for longer than 1 or 2 hours, they can become somewhat uncomfortable. My ears are a little gnarled and stick out a bit, they make contact with the hard plastic grid inside the cans. The pads could be a little thicker and I'd have no problem whatsoever. Still 5 stars, though, the issue doesn't happen that frequently.

Ozone Gaming Gear Ground Level XT Gaming Mouse Pad
Ozone Gaming Gear Ground Level XT Gaming Mouse Pad
Offered by Modern-Tech

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Particularly Impressed, 13 July 2012
First off, I'll mention which mouse I'm using, the Cyborg R.A.T. 3 gaming mouse which uses an optical sensor (bright red light). This had been working well on the desk I had been using, but I wanted a mouse mat to define an area on my desk, for portability reasons and to smoothen some of the very minor imperfections on the desk.

The pros:
It's is very thick, and unless you're planning to use the mouse on jagged rocks, it should create a very good flat surface.
It's big, and should be big enough for nearly all users.
Has a very good look, not over the top.

The cons:
My mouse never experienced this before, but it will continue to track about 5mm off the surface of the mouse mat, which means, when I near the edge of the mat and need a couple extra degrees of movement. I'll pick my mouse up and move it to the other side, but the mouse continues to track which is extremely annoying, and makes it unusable.

I imagine this is the type of mouse I use, my brother's Logitech Performance MX uses a different tracking system, and seems to work flawlessly with this mat.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2012 9:45 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality!, 26 Jan 2011
So far, they've been nigh-on faultless, excellent quality for all frequencies, deep rumbling bass and clear highs. They've been extremely comfy and light, and I don't even feel like an idiot walking around in them. They fold up nicely, and have their own hard carry case, which I've not managed to put to use yet, but they feel the part.

Overall, very pleased with the headphones, certainly a more user-friendly set than my last Sennheisers, which, I admit were also extremely nice.

Sony MDREX85LPB In-Ear Headphones - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Sony MDREX85LPB In-Ear Headphones - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound. Great Brand., 21 Oct 2009
These little headphones give brilliant sound quality for their price. The bass deliverance is excellent and general sound quality very good. Although I'm no expert so want go on any longer on their musical qualities.

I was looking for a strong pair of headphones to replace my iPods default pair, and definitely came to the right place. After having already bought a pair of Sony MDR 700's (Larger headphones) I decided to stick with SONY, due to their excellent quality. Glad I have.