Profile for lornainfrance > Reviews

Content by lornainfrance

lornainfrance "french toast" (France)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy looks at a budget price., 29 Dec. 2014
This is the third set I have bought over several years and I am pleased that they are such excellent value for money as they ever were.
What you see is what you get. This purchase was for my son who had admired my set, in daily use and still in excellent condition despite the dishwasher.

Fish: The Complete Fish and Seafood Companion
Fish: The Complete Fish and Seafood Companion
by Mitch Tonks

5.0 out of 5 stars As I live in France I particularly like the fact that he lists the name of the ..., 9 Oct. 2014
At Last The Definitive Fish Book!
This is the only book you will ever need for preparing and cooking fish.
As I live in France I particularly like the fact that he lists the name of the fish in all the common European languages so I know what I am looking at in the Poissonerie or supermarché.
His enthusiasm for his subject is catching and he describes each fish according to type, where fished, the best months to eat etc and then gives several recipes with clear advice and instructions.
I am a great fan of fish and am eating even more now.

Best Friends Perfect: Book One
Best Friends Perfect: Book One

5.0 out of 5 stars I have to say that I loved it! It was funny but at the same ..., 9 Oct. 2014
While realising that this book was not written for my age-group, I have to say that I loved it!
It was funny but at the same time very touching. As the mother of a gay son it put into perspective what it must have been like for him, growing up with all the torments that entailed. It has helped me to understand all that he had kept to himself during his troubled teenaged years.
Liam makes ALL his characters believable and I felt that I knew them all, even Jo who I wanted to slap most of the time!
I am looking forward to the next part eagerly.

The Bat: The First Harry Hole Case
The Bat: The First Harry Hole Case
by Don Bartlett

5.0 out of 5 stars The Australian story at last!, 8 Oct. 2013
I bought this as I've read ALL the Harry Hole novels and simply loved them all. Except, I had never found this one until now and his trip and resulting fame in Australia is mentioned in all the books. It certainly didn't disappoint and kept me guessing until the end, as usual!

Toshiba 22D1334B - 22D1334B - 22" Full HD LED TV - Built-In DVD Player 1920 x 1080 16:9 White Bezel HDMI USB VGA PC Input.

4.0 out of 5 stars Box unwrapped---All boxes ticked!, 8 Oct. 2013
Setting up was simple. I chose it originally for the side opening DVD slot and 2 USB ports.
Picture quality is very good although I have no TV channels programmed yet as I live in S of France and have not connected it to our satellite dish. The TV set is for my small work-room for when I am ironing etc. So far I have watched DVDs and items on a Media stick using the USB port. I am very satisfied with the result. Sound quality is adequate for the small room, even when playing music on CDs.
All in all I am very satisfied with the set which does everything as promised.

Bridge Over Troubled Water
Bridge Over Troubled Water

5.0 out of 5 stars A Trip Down Memory Lane., 24 July 2013
I bought this as a replacement for a much loved and constantly played vinyl record belonging to my mother-in-law.
it didn't disappoint, sounding as fresh as I remember it when I first heard it in the 60s.
It has truly stood the test of time and will appeal to all ages.

A
A
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars She's Still Got It!, 24 July 2013
This review is from: A (Audio CD)
This is my favourite purchase this month, ordered after I saw the documentary with her on television recently.
A beautiful lady with a still beautiful singing voice, singing with feeling and even duet-ing with Gary Barlow. What is there not to like.
Thank you for the music, Agnetha!

The Ultimate 5:2 Diet Recipe Book: Easy, Calorie Counted Fast Day Meals You'll Love
by Kate Harrison

3.0 out of 5 stars Sticking to 500calories, 24 July 2013
I bought this after I'd started the 5:2 eating plan and although there are plenty of varied recipes I found them a bit too complicated simply for 500 calories. I haven't actually followed many of the recipes so far but gleaned a few ideas which I have adapted.
It may be of more use to someone who hasn't already bought the 5:2 diet book as it covers everything in more detail with calorie counted plans and suggestions.

The Cutter & the Clan
The Cutter & the Clan
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Scottish Blast!, 24 July 2013
This review is from: The Cutter & the Clan (Audio CD)
I bought this as I'd already had "Mara" since the 90s. I was not disappointed. This is even more proudly nationalistic than Mara but very stirring, drawing on Scotland's history as well as the present day.
As a Scot I simply love the bagpipes and play it at full blast with the roof down in my car much to the bemusement of my French neighbours!

Mara
Mara
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars A Trip Down Memory Lane., 24 July 2013
This review is from: Mara (Audio CD)
I bought this to replace a very old and much-loved cassette I purchased when I first discovered Runrig in 1995.
As a Scot I always loved the absolute Scottishness of Runrig and the fact that the singing is so clear and I can hear every word. They sing with pride for their country and with emotion.
I wondered if I'd still feel the same after all these years but I was not disappointed and my husband has downloaded three albums for himself.
If you are a Scot (or not), buy it!

Page: 1 | 2