Profile for K. Hester > Reviews

Content by K. Hester

K. Hester "kateminx2" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Mating: The Original Law of the Lycans Story
The Mating: The Original Law of the Lycans Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 12 May 2013
Read all of Nicky Charles books in this series and loved them all. Great characters and an easy read. Still can't quite believe they are free and donated £30 to our local blue cross animal shelter - well worth it!

Bonded (Prequel to The Mating) (Law of the Lycans Book 1)
Bonded (Prequel to The Mating) (Law of the Lycans Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 12 May 2013

The Keeping (Sequel to The Mating) (Law of the Lycans Book 4)
The Keeping (Sequel to The Mating) (Law of the Lycans Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 12 May 2013

The Finding (Law of the Lycans Book 5)
The Finding (Law of the Lycans Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 12 May 2013

Betrayed: Days of the Rogue (Law of the Lycans Book 2)
Betrayed: Days of the Rogue (Law of the Lycans Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly good read!, 12 May 2013

Sunsense Ultra SPF50+ Sunscreen Roll-on - 50 ml
Sunsense Ultra SPF50+ Sunscreen Roll-on - 50 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids and peace of mind!, 15 Dec 2012
Its high SPF is just the ticket for noses, shoulders and all over your kids! Its a roll on which means you don't have it smeared all over your hands and its so absorbent it doesn't leave you all sticky. Roll on also means the kids can get involved without it being squirted everywhere! Its the same size as a roll on deodorant so fits in a bag or even pocket. I buy this every year - its a must!

Brabantia Ice Water Ironing Board, Size C, 124 x 45 cm - with Solid Steam Unit Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 15 Dec 2012
We have had about 3 different boards in about 2 months - so deem myself an expert. We went for a hombase homebrand - awful. Minky Jupiter - flimsy, couldn't hold the weight of a steam generator and landed on my foot. Finally we found this one! The plate is more than large and substantial enough to hold the steam generator. Its wide surface and long board is great for every job - even the dreaded sheets! Yes, it does drip water because of the steam - but only if you are doing a marathon ironing event (usually undertaken by my husband on his weeks turn!). Whereas (feeling quite smug), I do mine as and when I've not had this problem.
Its easy to put up and easy to take down - I've not lost a finger to it yet - or broken a toe.
All in all - it does what its supposed to do and it looks pretty good too.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Look and feel gorgeous!, 22 July 2012
I am a traditional size 3 and these fit perfectly! Only a couple of days wear broke them in - no blisters - they are flexible and the bows are adorable. I now own three pairs in different colour and will be gutted when (as with anything I really love!) they discontinue them.

SleepGuard® CE approved snore mouthpiece complete with anti-bacterial case and plastic spatula.
Offered by UK Innovations GP Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleep at last!!, 1 Feb 2011
I read the reviews and took it with a pinch of salt - but I was at the end of my tether - I haven't slept in over 10 years soundly and with a new baby too - I need every minute I can grab. My husband is not a quiet snorer - he shakes the foundations! The first time he used it it stopped .. until he took it out halfway through the night. He's been using it for a few weeks now and is used to the sensation of having the guard in and not a peep out of him! Really couldn't recommend it more. Sleep at last!

Vax W90-RU-B Rapide Ultra Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
Vax W90-RU-B Rapide Ultra Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer

4.0 out of 5 stars Rapide Ultra W90-RU-B Carpet Cleaner, 21 Dec 2010
This is an excellent carpet cleaner that does exactly what it says it should.
Assembley is easy to do - although the instruction leaflet provided is for this model and the pre-treated model too and can be a little confusing - but only took 5 minutes to get together.

Using the carpet cleaner couldn't be easier. The instructions do say to vaccum thoroughly and this is a must - especially in all the nooks and crannies! I started by using the hand tool to do the edges which was easy to do - the hose attaches to the front of the machine at dirty water tank with a smaller hose that connects to the clean water/cleaner solution tank. I have experienced some problems with this connection due to pressure on the smaller hose but have found if you're quite forceful when connecting then it stays on.
Using the main machine is just like vaccuming - only you press a button to release the cleaner into the carpet when going forward and then release when going back and watch all the dirty water being sucked back into the machine (same principle on the hand tool too).

The carpets have dried really quickly - as the suction is really efficient!
I have also used this on our sofa and its been brilliant!

We have children that are always spilling milk, orange .. well, everything really and this has been excellent and saves a lot of time tryig to clean spills as you can use the hand tool to deal with spills quickly and efficiently - much better than using foam cleaners that you leave then vaccumm as my children dont repond to "dont touch that" for more than 5 seconds - let alone 2 hours :-)

I have hired machines in the past for over £60 a time and they have not been as good as this one. My carpets are super clean and look fantastic - the dirty water is a real wow factor and makes you realise where the heavy traffic areas are in your house.

If you need a cleaner - then I would pick this one as I have been most impressed!

Page: 1 | 2