Profile for R. Palmer > Reviews

Content by R. Palmer

R. Palmer "cr1vvens"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Logitech K830 Illuminated Living Room (Qwerty keyboard)
Logitech K830 Illuminated Living Room (Qwerty keyboard)
Price: 86.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard, 19 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have an HTPC and a Smart television in my living room, so a wireless keyboard and mouse combo is a must. Until now, I've been using an old Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. These both use the Logitech unifying receiver, as does this. Obviously, there is one in the box with this, but the fact I already had one fitted to my PC does help.

Set up, then, is easy. Switch it on and the receiver detects the keyboard and you're away. I've left my mouse installed, as it's handy for gaming, but this does have an attached tracking pad, which is useful. I like this keyboard a lot - the range is certainly better than my old device, which means I can now sit on my sofa and be confident in the PC detecting the keyboard.

It's mostly plastic, sure, but it's well made and feels solid enough. The addition of a backlight certainly helps this; an HTPC is often used for watching films, so you probably don't have all of the blazing. There's a wee sensor which detects the light and adjusts the backlights accordingly. It's not a great keyboard for using on a desk, as it doesn't have a stand to tilt, it. Personally, I don't think this is an issue as I like the fact it's solid, yet light, means it's great for using on your lap. It's also reasonably stylish, so doesn't look horrible in your living room.

It charges via a mini USB, which is fairly standard these days.

It does say you can use it with a smart TV, but I have to confess, I've been struggling to get this to work properly with my Samsung; I'll keep trying though. Could be user error (of course, there are probably more variations on Smart TV OSs than Windows).

All in all though, pricey, yes, but well worth it.

Mega Mosaics Galt
Mega Mosaics Galt
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brightly coloured fun., 19 July 2014
This review is from: Mega Mosaics Galt (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I do like a Galt toy. This features many foam squares which can be used to create colorful pictures. Excellent if you need to keep the kids occupied sometime. Decent value for money too.

Highly recommended!

Roberts Radio Sports DAB5 DAB/DAB+/FM Personal Digital Radio - White
Roberts Radio Sports DAB5 DAB/DAB+/FM Personal Digital Radio - White
Price: 46.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Good DAB radio., 19 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Decent enough performance with this. Struggled a wee bit to get the full range of digital stations available in my area when I was inside, but going out later on, found it a bit easier. This probably isn't the fault of the device; mobile 'phone reception is poor in my flat too.

The unit itself is well enough made and, though not particularly pretty, it's not the ugliest piece of consumer electronics I've ever seen. Until you put the 2x AA batteries in it, it does feel a bit light - they give it a bit more heft, which does make the unit feel of a higher quality! Do wonder if ithe use of AA batteries, rather than an internal rechargeable, as with so many other things now, could have made it a smaller unit, which I would have preferred.

However, if you know someone who loves the radio and would like a portable DAB, they can do worse than this.

Naty by Nature Babycare 8-15Kg Size 4 Eco Pull On Pants - Pack of 22
Naty by Nature Babycare 8-15Kg Size 4 Eco Pull On Pants - Pack of 22

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and environmentally friendly., 19 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a decent nappy. They fit true to size and seem absorbent enough. The real bonus about them is that they are produced in a less wasteful way than usual nappies and are better after disposal. This is a great thing, obviously.

The only problem I really have is that I'm not totally convinced pull-ups are the easiest thing for me to use for my girls at the moment. They're only a year old and nowhere near potty training, so I have to confess, I find, occasionally, they are perhaps a little messier than I'd like.

Apart from that though, yeah, great (do check the prices though - these seem to vary wildly).

McAfee Mobile Security (PC/Android)
McAfee Mobile Security (PC/Android)
Offered by In2digital
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Ho-hum, 29 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I installed this on a tablet I have. It's not horrifically expensive for software in general, but isn't that cheap for mobile software.

It offers some decent functionality, including backup and protection fro your mobile device but, to be honest, I don't like the interface and it's just another system hog. I've looked about and there are other (freer) solutions around.

Fine for peace of mind and if you like McAfee products, but that's really it. Glad I didn't bother to put it on my mobile.

Also, I hate McAfee's registration system. As will you.

The Gro Company Wall Stickers Jolly Jungle
The Gro Company Wall Stickers Jolly Jungle
Price: 11.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Super for my kids room., 29 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As it happens, my wee girl's room is decorated with animals and these colourful and cute stickers fit in perfectly. They are sturdy and allow plenty of permutations so, although mass produced, they do allow you do use a little creativity. decent enough wee purchase.

The Gro Company Height Chart Sticker Set Alfred and The Aliens
The Gro Company Height Chart Sticker Set Alfred and The Aliens
Price: 12.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun set of stickers., 29 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You can use these to mark out a height chart to measure your child's growth. Obviously, a mark on the wall is free, but these come into their own with a vibrant and well made set of alien stickers. Seem like they'll stay fresh enough looking for as long as you'd wish them to, so recommended.

Ambi Toys  One Man Band
Ambi Toys One Man Band
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Colourful, 29 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My babies are only a year old. They like this for the colours (they do so like Primary colours), but it's probably slightly to old for them to get the most from it. It has a bell, a whistle and a rattle. They do tend just to shake it about and hit things, but seems to make them happy enough, so is OK for the price.

Rubik's Cube Rubik's Cube Light
Rubik's Cube Rubik's Cube Light
Price: 23.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Tat, but fun tat., 29 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fully working, quite large, Rubiks cube, which doubles as an LED light.

It charges by plugging into either a USB on a computer or, if you have a "wall wart" type of USB charger (some multi-gang type adpators have USB charging slots now too). You can also plug it into your computer as a continuous light source.

I'm not that bothered about completing a Rubik's Cube, if I'm honest, but it does work as quite a decent little desk light.

Not horrendously expensive for what it is, so decent enough.

LEGO Juniors 10673: Race Car Rally
LEGO Juniors 10673: Race Car Rally
Price: 19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego. Obviously it's great, 29 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unfortunately, my own kids are still at the stage of eating everything, so this is mostly used when their big cousins come to visit.

It features pieces to make cars and a truck; the models are, with parental assistance, simple and fun to play with once built. There are a lot of pieces in the box, so it's also good for making different models when you get bored of the cars in the instructions.

The box they come in is handy for storage, too.

This would make a great gift and is good value.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20