Profile for R. Shaikh > Reviews

Content by R. Shaikh

R. Shaikh "presstoeject" (London, England)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Betron B650 Noise Isolating Earphones Headphones, Powerful Bass, Pure Sound for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, HTC, Nokia etc (Gold)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars The earphones are comfortable and sound good and if this pair last two ..., 9 Aug. 2015
I've bought earphones from this company before, albeit a slightly different model. That pair lasted me for two years (comparable earphones I've bought in the past have broken after a few months) so I am hoping that this pair last as long. The earphones are comfortable and sound good and if this pair last two years I will get my next earphones from them.

NIKE Air Force 1 Mens Running Shoes Air Force 1 Black/Black-Sail-Gm Lght Brown 9.5 UK, 44.5 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent goods., 11 Mar. 2015
Quick delivery, excellent goods.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2016 3:12 PM GMT

IOWA
IOWA

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really my cup of tea but they seem to like it., 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: IOWA (Audio CD)
Got this as a present for somebody. Not really my cup of tea but they seem to like it.

2014 Nike Lunar Mont Royal Mens Golf Shoes Black/Anthracite/Summit White 9.5UK
2014 Nike Lunar Mont Royal Mens Golf Shoes Black/Anthracite/Summit White 9.5UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Fed up of trainers., 30 Dec. 2014
I needed some new trainers, kind of like 'old skool' skater trainers rather than the multitude of trainers currently available but even this type of trainer hasn't done it for me for awhile. So I thought I would try something else, hence the golf shoe that looks like a trainer. Apart from the rather strange sole, which seems to pick up mud and then spread it around the house when you get home like little mouse droppings, I quite like them. Whether I would buy them again is a different matter but they do the job for me now until a more conventional trainer that I like is produced.

Betron B550s Noise Isolating in Ear Canal Headphones Earphones with Pure Sound and Powerful Bass for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, Nokia, HTC , Mp3 Players etc (Gold Edition)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars The sound is awesome, especially the bass, 30 Dec. 2014
My last cheap headphones lasted me three years before they gave up the ghost but when I tried to re-order them they were no longer available so I went for these instead. Must say I am very impressed. The sound is awesome, especially the bass, and the leads are covered in a type of plastic that seems sturdier than the usual rubbery leads that can get caught in jacket zips and shredded (planned obsolescence?). Everything about them looks and feels more resilient and long lasting. The connectors also have a rigidity that bodes well for the dreaded loose connections that occur in cheaper headphones. These cost a little more than my last pair but I can see these headphones outlasting them in the long run. Only time will tell.

Snark Guitar, Bass and Violin Clip On Tuner
Snark Guitar, Bass and Violin Clip On Tuner

5.0 out of 5 stars In tune., 30 Dec. 2014
My first clip on tuner after years of going through my effects pedal (which can be a pain on stage sometimes) and this works very well. Easy to attach and the interface is clear and simple to follow.

Iron Man STARK Industries Mug
Iron Man STARK Industries Mug
Offered by KitschaGoGo Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Iron mug., 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Iron Man STARK Industries Mug
Got this as a present for somebody and they loved it. Some reviewers have stated that the print washes off but after repeated washing the print seems fine.

Divide And Exit
Divide And Exit

5.0 out of 5 stars It sounds one dimensional but to my ears the combination is perfect. This recent album finds the Mods in the ..., 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Divide And Exit (Audio CD)
I have all the Sleaford Mods albums after seeing them at the Buffalo Bar in Islington 4 years ago. The later albums, including this one use drum loops and itchy basslines as a musical backdrop.

The earlier CD's used samples from all over the place. The one constant is the verbal tongue lashing that spits and sneers all over the top. It sounds one dimensional but to my ears the combination is perfect.

This recent album finds the Mods in the spotlight as press darlings and I await the 'build them up and knock them down' syndrome that inevitably happens when the press tire of their latest musical obsession. That's the journalists problem not the Sleaford Mods'.

I love them so I won't actually describe the music because you all should have heard them by now. To me they are the perfect soundtrack to the country at the moment, if you don't like swearing or scatological humour you will miss the honesty that pervades the lyrics.

We need more of this in our music!

Happiness [DVD] [1999]
Happiness [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Jane Adams
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you value intelligent film-making with an excellent ensemble cast who portray neurosis ..., 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Happiness [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
Wow, what a twisted little tale. Or more truthfully a set of tales about an extended family that interweave and collide at times. The subject matter could be considered dark, but art should be holding up a mirror to human behaviour and not shy away from it or gloss over the unappealing parts.

If you value intelligent film-making with an excellent ensemble cast who portray neurosis perfectly then you should not be disappointed.

By turns you will laugh, wince and maybe even cry at the situations that the characters get themselves into. And then you ask yourself "What is normal?" because these characters at first appear to be 'normal' by society's standards. Are we all just acting 'normal'? Any film that makes you think about these issues should get a thumbs up!

Krautrock: Cosmic Rock and its Legacy
Krautrock: Cosmic Rock and its Legacy
by Erik Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive guide?, 17 Sept. 2014
If you are into Krautrock or music/band biographies then this must be the most comprehensive one available. It might not reach the depths you are looking for but by covering the major bands associated with the genre with some socio-political insight as well it does a pretty good job for me.

The communal living of many of the bands is interesting to read about, how that must have influenced the genesis of the sound I wonder? A few hefty essays are also included, giving the background context to help make sense of the sprawling interconnection of bands within the pages.

As a primer for finding where to start with Krautrock it is invaluable, not only citing important album releases but also looking at the important record labels that supported them.

As a fan of bands who were influenced by Krautrock, (P.I.L., Loop, The Fall, etc.) it was nice to be able to find out so much more and feel inspired to check out some of the lesser known groups mentioned.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6