Profile for DODGER > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Sharpie Fine-Point Permanent Markers - Pack of 12, Assorted Colours
Sharpie Fine-Point Permanent Markers - Pack of 12, Assorted Colours

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT VERY USEFUL FOR MY APPLICATION., 11 Oct. 2013
I ordered these items so I could mark up my garage tools and equipment. Although the
black marker is ideal, the other colours provide poor definition.
I assume for artistic use, they maybe fine, but for writing on metal,plastic, and wood etc:
they do not do the job. Perhaps I should have bought heavy duty items instead of fine.

Handy Scoop Blue
Handy Scoop Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scoop and decent size., 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Handy Scoop Blue
I have two of these scoops which I use in the green house, and had another use for one, so I bought a blue one so they would not get mixed up. Well designed and made, robust and basically does the job.

The Hostage: 1 (John Stratton)
The Hostage: 1 (John Stratton)
by Duncan Falconer
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD READ, 25 Sept. 2013
First Duncan Falconer book I have ever read and a enjoyable one at that. The plot is feasible and has many twists and turns. The writer gets the subjects 'appeal' well, some you hate and some you can relate too. The writer has done his homework on the locations as I know two of them well. All in all in my top ten reads.

The Watchman
The Watchman
by Chris Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars A BRILLIANT READ, 25 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Watchman (Paperback)
Great story line with a proper ending. They both walk of into the sunset. I do not want to ruin the plot, but it has twists and turns that keeps you engrossed. One of my favourite reads ever.

Mens Thinsulate Thermal Winter Hat
Mens Thinsulate Thermal Winter Hat
Offered by Optimum health

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD HAT FOR COLD WEATHER, 25 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Mens Thinsulate Thermal Winter Hat
I brought this hat as a back up for when I walk my dog. It keeps my head warm so it does it's job. It looks good and washes well. I have had it for about 12 months now.

Thinsulate Knitted Beanie Hat - Black - One Size
Thinsulate Knitted Beanie Hat - Black - One Size
Offered by A1A Avenue Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars IT DOES THE JOB, 25 Sept. 2013
I brought it to replace a Peter Storm one that I had lost or misplaced. This hat arrived with the inner lining stitching loose, but for the price I paid for it, I have worn it all Winter 2012/2013 and it is still in one piece. When walking the dog it keeps my head warm and so it does the job. I will keep wearing it during the coming winter 2013/14 and so on, until it either falls apart or I lose it.

Revolutions: The Very Best Of Steve Winwood [Standard Edition]
Revolutions: The Very Best Of Steve Winwood [Standard Edition]

3.0 out of 5 stars OVERALL A GOOD CD, 25 Sept. 2013
I brought this album because it had tracks that I love, but to get them would mean buying four CD's. 'Can't Find My Way home' and 'Dear Mr Fantasy' are my favourite Steve Winwood songs ever, plus the four Spencer Davis tracks. To me the rest are bonus tracks.
I am not a lover of re-mastered tracks and CD's as I feel they take the original 'earthliness' away from the recording. This one's not too bad but I can still feel/hear it's results.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2015 8:16 AM BST

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars IT DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN., 25 Sept. 2013
Over the past few years I have had major 'fly' infestations within my green house. Spiders, green fly, aphids etc.
I brought some sticky yellow fly traps and placed them in my small greenhouse during April 2013, and yes they caught anything that landed on them. The resident spiders also caught a few in their webs, and yes I never had any major or minor outbreaks. They come in packs of ten and I only used one all summer. I hung them like in the picture, but expected to have several hundreds on the fly trap instead I only had a hundred or so. Yes they are sticky, so no flies escaped, perhaps I was expecting too much. For the money a good investment, perhaps next year I should be targeting individual species.

Apollo Foldaway Garden Kneeler and Seat
Apollo Foldaway Garden Kneeler and Seat

4.0 out of 5 stars The best of the Bunch., 25 Sept. 2013
I've got to the age when getting up and down on the cold concrete and grass is getting too me. I looked at all the reviews of the various kneelers and one by one dismissed them all except the Apollo. As in the photo its reasonably comfortable to kneel on, although I put one of those rubber kneelers on top of the canvas to give more knee comfort. The side handles are great to push on to get you up and it packs away really good. The other way up and its a low stool and quite firm. Like all chairs and stools if you lean and twist around there is a likely hood of you falling off. Over the summer of 2013 this stool has been out every week-end, and I have no complaints about its stability. I feel I choose the best of the bunch.

Back In The High Life
Back In The High Life

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best., 25 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Back In The High Life (Audio CD)
Have followed Steve Winwood's career over the years and this CD is one of his best. After moving away from the music scene for a few years Steve came back with this CD and the title track 'I'll Be Back in the High Life Again'. Eight great tracks with Joe Walsh, Nile Rogers and Paul Peso making guest appearances on guitar. A song for every mood, 'Higher Love', 'Back in the High Life', 'Wake me up on Judgement Day' are the star tracks, but my favourite is 'My Love's Leaving'. Welcome back Stevie.

Page: 1 | 2