Profile for Om Aya and Essa > Reviews

Content by Om Aya and Essa

Om Aya and Essa (Oxford)

Page: 1 | 2
Does My Head Look Big in This?
Does My Head Look Big in This?
by Randa Abdel-Fattah
Price: 5.87

1.0 out of 5 stars Good title, bad read!, 19 Aug 2012
Albeit being a Muslim woman living in a foreign country just like Amal, I must say that this book is a let-down. I could not relate with any of the characters because most of their conversations seemed too good to be true. The author tries (but fails) to portray an image of teenage girls with too many unnecessary 'oh boy'. As a reader, this book did not develop me. If you want a good teenage story look for 'catcher in the rye'!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2013 1:44 AM BST

Miss Garnet's Angel
Miss Garnet's Angel
by Salley Vickers
Price: 5.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 28 Oct 2010
This review is from: Miss Garnet's Angel (Paperback)
A novel is either yummy, or terrible. This one is worse than terrible! The author is too detailed and too boring. I could not relate to any of her characters and I am sorry to say that after half way through, I had to give up!

Change the World 9 to 5. 50 Actions to Change the World at Work
Change the World 9 to 5. 50 Actions to Change the World at Work
by Steve Henry
Price: 8.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 25 Feb 2010
The beauty about this book is that it gets to the point without the jargon. I simply loved it. The illustrations are amazing and there is art in every picture and every word. It is also funny and will make you laugh! The best thing about it is that you can give it as a gift when you are done with it. I promise that you will find something amazing that you can do to change the world after reading this book.

Change the World for a Fiver: We are What We Do

The Parasites (VMC)
by Daphne Du Maurier
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 6 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Parasites (VMC) (Paperback)
Compared to Rebecca, this novel is a total waste of time. I just could not relate to any of the characters or their mysterious relationship. I kept reading on hopping to find something that keeps me interested; however, there was nothing special bout this novel. The ending is the worst of all, with nothing significant. Such a waste!

Knitty Kitty
Knitty Kitty
by David Elliott
Price: 9.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bed time story, 3 Nov 2009
This review is from: Knitty Kitty (Hardcover)
I borrowed this from the public library for my 4 year-old daughter. She loved it and we had to buy it from Amazon. It is so comforting which makes it a perfect read for bed time. The pictures are huge and the quality of the book is amazing.

The Septembers of Shiraz
The Septembers of Shiraz
by Dalia Sofer

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 4 Mar 2009
What I really liked about this book is that the author was not afraid to portray the shortcomings in all the characters. I fell in love with all of them and I enjoyed the way each one described his/her own story in connection with the rest of the family. This is a page-turner. I recommend it to anyone who wants to know about the Iranian struggle.

Philips AVENT SCF274/23 Express Electric Steam Steriliser
Philips AVENT SCF274/23 Express Electric Steam Steriliser

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver, 6 Feb 2009
I have to disagree with the other two reviews. This machine is amazing and I love steam sterlising because hot water feels like the best way to sterlise bottles. The freshly sterlised bottles feels very warm and clean. The machine does not use a lot of energy if you use the correct amount of water. Besides, when you keep the cover on, the bottles stay sterlised for 24 hours. I trust avent and I am still using the machine after one year for my child's weaning dishes and spoons. The machine can be cleaned thoroughly using a descaler every couple of months. I cannot live without this machine even for one day!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the hussle!, 6 Feb 2009
These bottles are amazing. First, the extra parts give you a lot of comfort when it comes to sliding the milk fully into the teats because you know that your baby won't chock. Second, the teats are fat enough to provide support for your baby because they feel much like breast-feeding. Third, every part of the bottle fits perfectly and there is no splitting unlike other brands. Although there is extra washing-up to do with the extra parts, but it all pays back. Buy these bottles and you will never want to use any other brand after trying those.

BRITA Marella Cool White Water Filter Jug + 4 Maxtra Cartridges
BRITA Marella Cool White Water Filter Jug + 4 Maxtra Cartridges
Offered by Buy It Wise
Price: 39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing filter!, 6 Feb 2009
We bought this jug as soon as we moved in our new house five months ago. The jug is still in excellent condition and is likely to last for years! The water tastes good for drinking or for tea/coffee making. This is indeed good value for money because it includes the cartridges which are expensive but necessary!

Page: 1 | 2