Profile for Clarice > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Pigeon Post into Paris 1870-71
The Pigeon Post into Paris 1870-71
by J. D. Hayhurst

5.0 out of 5 stars Post Pigeons and their role in conflicts(or peace.as they been waited upon) between Paris and abroad. Fascinating book!, 6 Jun. 2016
The books should have more good critics. But it's 1970 book and 1st edition. VERY informative. Not only dealing of the conflicts in France of those years but also showing some documents the pigeons transfered. I have red small parts of it and 2 first pages. But it's very informative and detailed, written by British from British eye into it. And some actions of those pigeons didn't left un-noticed(how they transferred messages), by the author. A must buy!

MacGyver - Series 2 - Complete [DVD] [1986]
MacGyver - Series 2 - Complete [DVD] [1986]
Dvd ~ Richard Dean Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great season, with high popularity in this seasn's(ratings), 13 May 2016
Great season. I just have one more episode and to DVD pack of season 3
One of my favorite episodes is ThE Eagles. It's saving endangered eagle, which I think did include a female eagle, at least. The serie is still famous now as it was in 80's because the character was '1970's like' - the good boys don't carry guns. It's what I like with old t.v - bad guys loss! ButMacGyver is more than just good guy, as they show he is a lot more than just want to help the weak. yes right :). But he tries to help characers in the episodes that are good, and underpriviledged. Can see Henry Winkler''s(The Fonz) touch in here whois one of the producers. Henry DO spend a lot of time helping underprivileged kids, and he made MacGyver do too. Unlike Magnum P.I and other 80's series there is no real kiss and no chauvenism that much. A real adventure/detective what you call it serie. top 5 !!

Raise The Titanic [VHS]
Raise The Titanic [VHS]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the films Ballard saw before seen Titanic+Cussler's book DID turn to successful film!, 8 April 2016
This review is from: Raise The Titanic [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Great film! However Clive Cussler didn't like, but it's my kind. I always thought what it would be like if Titanic's wheel be raised, at least. It is one of the films Robert Ballard saw, hours before he founded Titanic.
The film DO have good plot, and there is good acting. They're trying to retreive the ship's supposed asset Titanium, and we will see how they try to raise her. This just speaks for itself and to me a great plot! I bought the VHS because I like to watch 80's films on VHS. Just 4 plus star movie really. And recommended to any Titanic buff.
The film became more popular much after it went on cinema. Years after, so Cussler did get his investment payed off. As for me, however i don't think to raise the ship is great idea, but still, the wheel...
Just go buy it. Great film!!

The Dukes Of Hazzard: Season 7 [DVD] [2008]
The Dukes Of Hazzard: Season 7 [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Catherine Bach

5.0 out of 5 stars Last season, and perhaps the best season, 18 Mar. 2016
So this is last season. I Guess all Things end...
Great season! Now you see Boss Hogg's new relative which is worse than Hugie...You have the Meeting With Waylon the narrator and singer. Just great season and I just lament there is no season 8. I recommend it. Must buy, so - 5 stars!

The Dukes Of Hazzard: Season 6 [DVD] [2006]
The Dukes Of Hazzard: Season 6 [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Tom Wopat

5.0 out of 5 stars great show, better than season 5, 18 Feb. 2016
Great season! And im on disc 3 of the 8. Althgopuh Coy+Vance were ok - they were supposeded to act as cousins to Bo and Luke but right on 2nd episode from their coming you could feel they try too hard to personate Bo and Luke. But TOM WAS LUKE and JOHN WAS BO, they came home again before season 5's over and they loved their roles so you see it. I think if Vance + Coy could act as cousins, would be better cause frankly i liked them as that. In this season and even NeXT is only Bo and Luke but this season you have more appearances of Lulu and it's just same ol' good innocent fun and 2 guys trying to do the right thing. In the 80's everybody(on most shows) was concerned on doing the right thing. Make justices(Knight Rider, Magnum P.I etc..). But here, it's Family serie and well I just loved this season. You have Rosco kidnapped, Flash too. I wish modern t.v would be as good by just t rying to give a good time and not having as now shows about vampires, cheating housewives etc. Funshow from 80's. Must buy!!

False Images - Deadly Promises: Smoking and the Media (Tobacco: The Deadly Drug)
by Ann Malaspina
Edition: Library Binding

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for all ages with valuable information. A Must read!!, 18 Aug. 2015
The book arrived before it was even expected, so delivery went fine. The book is very good for teenagers and grown kids. Even adults can find some information here they didn't know of. The Language is simple, and there are fine decorations and pictures. A great book for anyone who really wants to know what the tobacco industry is made off. Sell sell and sell the poison. Most certainly it's a very valuable book for any age! A must buy!! and 5 stars!

Personalised Custom Made Self Inking Rubber Stamp (up to 4 lines of Text) 38 x 14mm
Offered by Stampys Stamp Shop CH

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for fair price!, 18 Aug. 2015
I loved that Self Inking rubber! They engraved my name nicely. It's a very good quality and especially after I started using it on letter, did I see...It's clear writnig and very easy to use.. a 5 star Product!

The High Chaparral - Season 4 (Series Four) (5 DVD) (PAL UK Format) (European Release)
Dvd ~ Cameron Mitchell
Offered by limato-shop

5.0 out of 5 stars And it only becomes better....., 24 July 2015
Well. I was told it's serie 4. Where is Blue??(Billy) I am now in Dist 3 and didn't see him yet. Other than that I was only disappointed there is no subtitles in English.
The serie has wonderful episodes like Children rights when Buck saved orphan kid from bad future, and Vengeance of a father who's lost all People around him aND now lost his grandchild and will he as Marshall kill those responsible? It's a good Western serie to the core. I am never impressed by the New western series because I believe a lot of it as repetitive...It's funny how it's like remakes of Movies like the New remake of 1984. Like the idea hasn't soaked in yet :)). I lament that. I never watch remakes. The High Chparral cannot become a remake because each character in the serie has their own personality which cannot be enacted. Leif Ericksen is the tough one With heart of gold that's well hidden, and Buck is joyful With women and drink but he's going on a whim many times. Mono is one of my favourites for his accent and shoving himself to other's business whenever opprtunity comes. The characters make the serie what it is.
I am trying to find serie 5 but until than, I will say this serie 4 is deserving well a 5 star!!

The Pilgrim's Bowl (Giorgio Morandi) (SB - The Swiss List)
The Pilgrim's Bowl (Giorgio Morandi) (SB - The Swiss List)
by Philippe Jaccottet

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book with pictures(drawings) also, by a great artist worth to discover for those still not know him, 7 Jun. 2015
Well. My pleasure to be the first to give review. I got the book yesterday. a great buy! There are pictures attached in any 2nd page, and a wonderful writing(translated into English) of Philippe critic into other poets's work. Also, great Insight to their works by also describing the nature of their works.
It's a little book but I would say Worth to pay even £ 100 pounds for! Surely costed me much less as you see the price. Phillipe describes Luigi Mgnani, Morandi etc...A real book for true poetry lovers. I give it 5 stars!!

The Waltons: Season 8 [European Import / Region 2]
The Waltons: Season 8 [European Import / Region 2]
Offered by filmrollen

5.0 out of 5 stars With great changes on mountain now, even more stories told - mostly by the young actors., 6 Jun. 2015
Thought i given review to this. It's great serie. I am done seeing it months ago, and of course the absence of John Boy and the mother is going too makes the serie a bit weak, but the actors show nice play even without them. Many changes on the mountani during the way..I just loved this season. Have to give it 5 stars!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7