Profile for JudyV > Reviews

Content by JudyV

JudyV (UK)

Prestige Hi Dome Aluminium Pressure Cooker - 6 Litre
Prestige Hi Dome Aluminium Pressure Cooker - 6 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars but bigger and is fantastic for making big batches of soup, 23 Nov. 2014
I've had my previous pressure cooker for 30 years and when the handle fell off I bought this one. It's lighter than the old one, being aluminium, but bigger and is fantastic for making big batches of soup. Spicy pumpkin and butternut is our favourite at the moment! It's easy to use, working just like the old one did. Highly recommended.

The Mark of the Christian (IVP Classics)
The Mark of the Christian (IVP Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 July 2014
Excellent, clear and challenging.

Dylon Leath Shoe Dye - Navy Blue 2
Dylon Leath Shoe Dye - Navy Blue 2
Offered by JMHWholesalers

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective dye, 10 Jun. 2014
I used navy dye to cover red shoes. The whole bottle gave a colour not quite navy but it seems to become more blue as it dries. The instructions do say that you will not get the colour it says; suggesting that yellow shoes dyed with navy are likely to end up green. I suspect with a second bottle it might be better, but I'm actually quite happy with the new shade. The dye soaks in easily and smoothly. I would give it 5* if the colour had worked!

Berghaus Women's Akka Long Down Jacket - Black, Size 10
Berghaus Women's Akka Long Down Jacket - Black, Size 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Really warm, 15 Feb. 2013
Agree with others about the sizing. It's beautifully warm and light, the best coat I have ever had. I hate being cold, but with this it's not a problem below freezing. Highly recommended

Down, Dirty and Divine: a spiritual ride through the London underground
Down, Dirty and Divine: a spiritual ride through the London underground
by Rev. Stephanie Clarke

1.0 out of 5 stars More spiritualist than spiritual, 15 Feb. 2013
I heard this reported on Radio 4 and thought it sounded interesting, so bought it. However it is more spiritualist than spiritual and not what I was expecting at all

Lowther Unisex-Adult  Wellington Boots, Blue, 6 UK
Lowther Unisex-Adult Wellington Boots, Blue, 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Wellies, 30 Mar. 2010
I was looking for Hunters to replace my 10 year old pair, but was put off by the price. These are a really good alternative - very comfortable and lighter in weight than the Hunters originals; in fact I think they are better. I've had them about 3 weeks, so no knowledge yet of how they will last, but in terms of comfort and value they are excellent. The Hunter wellie socks also fit them very well (I got medium for size 6 boot and then discovered this is 3-5, but it is fine)