Profile for Bryan > Reviews

The Railway Children
The Railway Children
Price: 0.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless and beautiful., 5 Sep 2014
This is a timeless classic and it is beautifully written. I remember reading this as a child and seeing the film. Reading the book again as an adult was lovely, the characters and their adventures during a time where people had a great sense of community and togetherness.

Leger - Cat Sleuth (The Leger - Cat Sleuth Mysteries Book 1)
Leger - Cat Sleuth (The Leger - Cat Sleuth Mysteries Book 1)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars A little cat on a little adventure, 20 Aug 2014
When I purchased this book I was looking for an entertaining short story that would be amusing and lighthearted in nature, and that is exactly what I got. The only downside is I'll never get to enjoy catnip the same way a cat does!

The Yellow Hoods: Along Came a Wolf (Book 1): An Emergent Steampunk Series
The Yellow Hoods: Along Came a Wolf (Book 1): An Emergent Steampunk Series
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely tale inspired by a classic., 4 July 2014
This book is a lovely and imaginative story inspired by a classic fairy tale. The characters are very engaging and I particularly liked the warmth shown between the family and friends of the Yellow Hoods.

The story moves along at a good pace, and there is a lovely sense of fun that runs throughout the story, I'll be looking forward to the next installment.

Witch Song
Witch Song
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A very sweet and imaginative story., 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Witch Song (Kindle Edition)
The story and characters captivated me very early on and kept my attention throughout.

I really enjoyed how the main character developed over the course of the story and her interaction with the world and the people she encounters -- both friend and foe.

The world that Amber Argyle has created was wonderfully described without getting stuck into minute details, this helped keep the story flowing right through the entire book. I will certainly pick up a copy of the next book to see how Senna, Joshen and the others Witches fair.

This is a lovely book and recommended for anyone who enjoys the joy of reading a really good story, set in an imaginative world with engaging characters.

The Prayer
The Prayer
Price: 3.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written and very evocative, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Prayer (Kindle Edition)
You can tell when a writer is very passionate about what they are writing, and this is a perfect example. I can imagine Stephan examining each word and line to ensure they deserve their inclusion, and every word was used to full effect.

The story is told in a delightfully poetic way and is enhanced further by lovely illustrations throughout. The illustrations deserve a mention as they really pull at your imagination and your heartstrings with equal measure.

I will read this book many times over as it is a poignant reminder that many people live lives that are very different to our own.

The Emperor's Edge
The Emperor's Edge
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling ride!, 19 Jan 2014
This book was a wonderful read, the author has put a huge amount of effort into creating a living and breathing world for the characters. The plot is very engaging, takes some twists, and pulls the reader along into a whirlwind adventure. Highly recommended for readers who like fast-paced action.

Island of Doom (The Hunchback Assignments Book 4)
Island of Doom (The Hunchback Assignments Book 4)
Price: 1.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent end to a great series., 6 Jan 2014
I've read all four books of the Hunchback Assignments and have thoroughly enjoyed them all. The stories are action-packed, with a colourful array of characters, the plots have enough twists and turns to keep one guessing as to what awaits the heroes.

I quietly hope this isn't not the last we hear from...those who survive... ;)

Far From the Madding Crowd (Illustrated)
Far From the Madding Crowd (Illustrated)

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterful!, 3 Jan 2014
I can't say anything that hasn't already been said about this classic story, other than this particular publication includes very charming illustrations of some key moments, and adds a little extra to the tale.

Sapphyre (Runestar Chronicles Book 1)
Sapphyre (Runestar Chronicles Book 1)
Price: 2.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable read, 30 Dec 2013
This book is packed with magic and other classic fantasy elements, a sweeping adventure featuring a good range of characters, suspense, and surprise. As I do not wish to spoil plots, I will say no more other than sample it and see if it suits your reading tastes.

Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga
Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 20 Feb 2013
This was free on the Amazon Appstore and because it was something different I thought I'd try it. I don't usually have trouble sleeping but I saw no harm in trying this as an experiment. I used the 'Loon' bird sound with a thirty minute timer. The next thing I know I'm waking up the next morning. It's not exactly a scientific experiment I know. :)

Page: 1 | 2