Profile for Ruby > Reviews

Breverton's Phantasmagoria: A Compendium of Monsters, Myths and Legends
by Terry Breverton
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Creepy and very interesting, 24 Nov 2013
A must to add to any collection of the weird and the wonderful.Its slightly creepy in some parts but full of information and once started its hard to put down again.

Breverton's Nautical Curiosities
Breverton's Nautical Curiosities
by Terry Breverton
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous find, 24 Nov 2013
I love this book,its full interesting facts and rare pieces of info.I even bought another copy for a friend as I loved it so much I thought they would like it too..and they did! An excellent buy for anyone interested in nautical facts or the sea.10/10!

Great British Marine Animals
Great British Marine Animals
by Paul Naylor
Price: 14.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Number One!, 24 Nov 2013
Brilliant book and reference guide for lay people or scientists alike,fabulous photographs and in depth knowledge just shine throughout this wonderful book.I cannot praise this enough.Paul Naylor has done a superb job with this and I would highly recommend this to all.Hand on heart it is the best British Marine book out there by any author.Top Marks to Mr Naylor.

The Lump of Coal
The Lump of Coal
by Lemony Snicket
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Read, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Lump of Coal (Hardcover)
This book is a must for any Lemony Snicket fan young or old.Brilliant tale and a wonderful book throughout.I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone.

The Arctic Monkeys: Whatever People Say They Are: That's What They're Not
The Arctic Monkeys: Whatever People Say They Are: That's What They're Not
by Ben Osborne
Price: 10.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Not factual, 24 Nov 2013
I was looking forward to reading this book as I love the Arctic Monkeys and Ive been a fan since they started.This could have been a fantastic chance to explore the bands history from the beginning to date but instead its full of nonsense and isnt worth reading.
The research is sadly lacking the spelling mistakes are appalling and it would seem alot of it is guess work..has the author actually listened to them or even knows anything about them? It would seem not and the book is like a bad selection of tabloid tales mixed together.You would be better spending your money on ebay buying past editions of NME or watching interviews on online.Apart from a few good photos this isnt worth the money.

The Natural Rearing Breeder
The Natural Rearing Breeder
by H B Turner
Price: 8.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good read, 24 Nov 2013
I bought this book for a friend but luckily she let me read it too.A really good buy and the author is knowledgeable and informative.I enjoyed the pictures and the book itself will be a useful guide for her and her pups.I would recommend this to anyone who has puppies or is thinking of rearing them in the future.

Songs for the Restless
Songs for the Restless
by L E Lombard
Price: 8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Deeply Moving, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Songs for the Restless (Paperback)
I bought this book as I enjoy poetry and I was looking for something different.It is deeply moving and shows alot of the authors soul.I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to read 'real life' poems and thoughts.