Profile for J. Parker > Reviews

Content by J. Parker

J. Parker "Jo Parker" (Lincolnshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gallant Weight Bench Weight Lifting Gym Home WorkOut Bench Height Adjustable Utility Bench Flat Incline Decline Abs Adjustable Barbell Crunch
Offered by GallantSports

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for the money!!, 13 July 2016
Good sturdy bench - perfectly good for my son who is roughly 10st.
It is quite a thin bench but doesn't have the wobble as suggested by other reviews. It would wobble if you made it!
Really happy with our purchase and fantastic value for money!!

TNP Accessories® Dumbbell Weights Set 15KG / 20KG / 30KG / 40KG / 50KG Dumbbells Bar Set (30.0)
Offered by Pure Source Nutrition

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, 10 July 2016
The price for these dumbbells was good, however the caps on the weights are a little loose and therefore the sand very slowly leaks out - not a big problem but a bit annoying...

Me Before You
Me Before You

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must, 9 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Me Before You (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic book. Not going to give the plot away, but it was absolutely believable. Loved the contrast of the characters' backgrounds and was consumed by the emotion. Beautifully written with knowledge and respect for the subject matter.

Don't Be Afraid (Glen Avich Book 4)
Don't Be Afraid (Glen Avich Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not Daniella's best, 9 Jan. 2016
I was really looking forward to reading Don't Be Afraid. I enjoyed it, but it was a little predictable. I much preferred the Sarah Midnight Trilogy. If you read nothing else from Daniella, you must read those - I could not put them down...

0.3 LITRE /10 OZ STAINLESS STEEL SUGAR BOWL POT
0.3 LITRE /10 OZ STAINLESS STEEL SUGAR BOWL POT
Offered by A ONE SUPPLIERS

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Nov. 2015
Just as described and perfect for the job

Perfect Daughter (No Greater Courage)
Perfect Daughter (No Greater Courage)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly Good Read, 12 Sept. 2015
Great read, a realistic insight into the world of a home carer and mum who is trying to strive for the best for her family and the daily challenges she faces.
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. I really felt empathy for Jacks and there were also some laugh out loud moments when one recognises the similarities within you own family.

Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as told by Christian
Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as told by Christian

4.0 out of 5 stars ... there were comments about E L James making an easy buck. I'm glad I gave it a chance, 13 Aug. 2015
I was in two minds whether to read this as there were comments about E L James making an easy buck. I'm glad I gave it a chance. I thoroughly enjoyed it although I naively expected it to cover the three original books... It was interesting to see the story through Christian's eyes - much more graphic in my opinion, but we see his vulnerability earlier on by listening to his version of events... Would recommend!

Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity with Sleep Wristband - Blue, Large
Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity with Sleep Wristband - Blue, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Fantastic Gadget I Have Owned Yet!!, 6 Jun. 2015
I absolutely love this Fit Bit Charge! It arrived on 23rd May and has only come off during baths and showers. I thought it would be a real pain adding what I eat during the day, but it takes seconds to do, especially when you've built up some favourites.
I'm a little sceptical when it comes to calories burned, but I guess it starts with a baseline and also I know I climb more flights of stairs than it registers, but as long as it counts the steps who am I to argue?
The most amazing function for me is the sleep monitor. I know before I view the reading in the morning whether it's going to resemble a supermarket barcode, or a big expanse of dark blue. It is pretty much spot on! It doesn't help me sleep, but perhaps it will help to recognise a pattern whereby exercise or food eaten has an influence...
The next most amazing function (and the most impressive to colleagues) is the caller ID flashing on my wrist when my iPhone rings! I have avoided rummaging through my bag for my phone many a time, when it's a call I don't want to answer!
You don't have to be on a serious exercise or weight loss mission to have one of these - it simply makes you look at your lifestyle and you can change your goals whenever you like.
Get one, you won't regret it and you won't need to wear a watch anymore, because it is one!!

Total French Foundation Course: Learn French with the Michel Thomas Method
Total French Foundation Course: Learn French with the Michel Thomas Method
by Michel Thomas
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile and Good Revision, 6 Jun. 2015
I am able to speak enough French to get by quite well, but purchased this to brush-up on what I know. I also downloaded the Paul Noble series.
I really like Michel Thomas and his method of more conversational French and correct pronunciation of words. He also highlights the kind of regular ways that French people speak, which are not necessarily technically correct, but like in English we all tend to take some short cuts that French people wouldn't understand and ask us to repeat! I would recommend buying the series as separates, especially for those downloading onto an android or iPad/iPhone.
The negative for me is the very irritating female who doesn't appear to pay attention and who makes the most stupid comments. I'm not usually this disparaging, but it slows the whole process down and quite frankly Michel could have produced this series with the male student who clearly listens and doesn't end up sounding like a female version of Officer Crabtree from Allo Allo!!

Paul Noble's course was excellent but for different reasons. He uses Marion, who has the most beautiful French accent and is perfectly easy to understand. He is also more technical and his method is to repeat things and incorporate everything you learn into the following stages.
I tend to listen to his courses in the car when driving to meetings. I don't find it distracting, but very therapeutic, unlike the female on Michel's course, who I end up shouting at, much to my children's amusement...
For those of you really wanting to brush those GCE (showing my age now) cobwebs out of your brain, I recommend trying both Paul Noble's course and the complete Michel Thomas course. Once you've got them, you can play them over and over. The ideal however is to spend as much time the other side of La Manche as possible!!

The Fast Diet: Revised and Updated: Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, Live Longer
The Fast Diet: Revised and Updated: Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, Live Longer

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing!!, 13 Feb. 2015
I read the book thoroughly and lost 2lbs in the first week! Fasting is so much easier than I thought. I fasted on my two busiest days so I didn't eat because I was bored or stressed. Easy to read and the concept is easy to understand. Will incorporate this into my everyday life without a doubt.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3