Profile for Merete Langler > Reviews

Merete Langler

You Are More Than You Think: The return to your authentic self
You Are More Than You Think: The return to your authentic self

5.0 out of 5 stars Discovering your authentic self, 26 April 2014
This book is a great guide for discovering or rediscovering your authentic self. It is well worth the time to read and consider the ideas raised in this book before implementing them. Life is much simpler when you're being your authentic self.

The Ex-Wives
The Ex-Wives

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Ex-Wives (Kindle Edition)
A lovely, easy read which keeps your attention and is a great bit of escapism. I really enjoy this 'series' from her.

The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
by Michael E. Gerber

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful for business owners, 17 Nov. 2012
I have recommended this book for business owners and those supporting them. It makes a lot of sense and is a useful model.

Outliers: The Story of Success
Outliers: The Story of Success
by Malcolm Gladwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 17 Nov. 2012
This was fascinating and thought provoking. I have been recommending it all round. A good one for those who wonder how much control we have over our destiny.

One on One
One on One
by Craig Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars More please, 17 Nov. 2012
This review is from: One on One (Hardcover)
I enjoyed this book and was intrigued by who met who over time. I would have liked a little more in each chapter.

Keyclub Pupil's Book 1: Pupils' Book 1
Keyclub Pupil's Book 1: Pupils' Book 1
by A. Bryant

5.0 out of 5 stars good for all, 17 Nov. 2012
The book is ideal for a beginner even if they are an adult. Fun and friendly while moving you on.

Luck: What It Means and Why It Matters
Luck: What It Means and Why It Matters
by Ed Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 6 Jun. 2012
I bought this book after hearing Ed Smith being interviewed about it on the radio. It stimulated my curiosity and the book certainly got me thinking. I guess the fact that I have been talking about it to various groups of people tells you how fascinated I am with it all. Very well written and extremely thought provoking.

Do It! or Ditch It
Do It! or Ditch It
by Bev James

5.0 out of 5 stars Do It! or Ditch It, 9 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Do It! or Ditch It (Paperback)
I was optimistic when I ordered this book that it would be both interesting and useful, knowing Bev James' style of delivery when training people. I was delighted to find this surpassed my expectations. I am a bit of a development junkie and have many half-read or dipped into books on my shelves. This book I have read from cover to cover and completed the suggested exercises as I went.
What makes this book different from the others is its accessibility. It is easy to read, in fact I could hear Bev's voice as I read. Any jargon is explained from the outset of the term's use; and the exercises are quick and easy to complete with a clear and obvious purpose. The message throughout (free yourself from procrastination and move forward) resonated because I had either been there, recently sorted it, or needed to do something about it. Bev encourages the reader to make positive changes in a style that is supportive. No 'blame culture', just useful, common sense advice from someone who truly understands her subject.
A must read for all managers, leaders, business owners, entrepreneurs and people who are tired of having the 'To Do' list that has the same subjects on it every time they rewrite the list!