Profile for Kenny G > Reviews

Content by Kenny G

Kenny G (Worcestershire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Men Stainless Steel Band Quartz Fashion Wrist Watch-Gold
Men Stainless Steel Band Quartz Fashion Wrist Watch-Gold
Offered by Meihuid

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable Price!, 5 Jan. 2016
I saw this on the Amazon web site priced at just 1p: yes I know, an unbelievable 1p. I ordered a couple, more out of curiosity than anything, fully expecting to receive a pile of junk. Much to my amazement, 3 weeks later a parcel turned up with the two watches in. At first glance this looks like a £200 watch. It is heavy and expensive looking, and really grabs the attention when on your wrist. In reality it is not that well made (particularly the strap), and the dials on the face are cosmetic, but come on, 1p!!! Had it a couple of weeks now and it keeps perfect time. It's great fun asking people in the pub to guess what you paid for it. Answers so far have ranged from £40 to £250!

In conclusion, although not the best watch I have ever owned, for the price of a penny it has to get 5 stars. I notice they have hiked the price up to 51p as of today - outrageous!

The Child Taker & Slow Burn (Special Edition 'Unputdownable'): 2 Nail Biting Thrillers

4.0 out of 5 stars An Unexpected Pleasure, 19 Oct. 2015
Looking for a few books to take on holiday, and noticed these were free. I didn't expect a great deal, but the first story alone would have been worth the usual £5 or £6. The second book was even better, and these turned out to be amongst the best books I read on the whole holiday. I shall certainly be getting hold of some more of Conrad Jones' books, free or not!! Recommended.

White Fang (Puffin Classics)
White Fang (Puffin Classics)
by Jack London

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class!!, 29 Sept. 2015
There are only three books that I have ever read to which I would award 5 stars, and this is one of them.

I first read this book at the age of ten, and it taught me what escaping into a book is really all about. This is a story that can be enjoyed by anyone over the age of eight, and still carries as much relevance today as it did all those years ago. As soon as I got a Kindle I downloaded a copy, and enjoyed reading the book as much as I did 40 years ago.

Brilliantly written and richly evocative; every child should read this as a part of their literary education. Recommended!!

25 Pcs Black Adhesive Backed Nylon Wire Adjustable Cable Clips Clamps
25 Pcs Black Adhesive Backed Nylon Wire Adjustable Cable Clips Clamps
Offered by YES IT

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product!, 11 Jun. 2015
These little beauties were just what I needed for hiding a load of computer cables along the inside edge of the desk. They stick really firmly and take a reasonably thick cable. Once you have fed the cable through you simply squeeze them and they ratchet up tight to hold everything in place. It's not often I say this, but I would give these six stars if I could.

Better Call Saul - Season 1 [DVD]
Better Call Saul - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bob Odenkirk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff!, 20 May 2015
Starts off a bit slowly, but as you get further into the story this becomes as gripping as Breaking Bad. Bob Odenkirk turns in another exceptional performance as Jimmy McGill / Saul Goodman, showing us exactly how he developed the kind of patter you get in BB. This was always going to have a hard time following such a lauded series onto the screen, but fair play they have pulled it off. Recommended viewing!

NB - CANNOT believe all the one star reviews because Amazon messed up the downloads. What has that got to do with the actual programme??

RC11 Android Wireless Keyboard Air Mouse Remote Controller With Gyroscope for MK802 UG802
Offered by Tasnme UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 May 2015
I have found this to be excellent. Unlike a traditional remote it works best held length ways with your thumbs at either end. This gives you control over the cursor keys and enter key, and the keyboard is the right way round for typing. The mouse cursor can be turned on and off simply by pressing the Android symbol on the centre button. Once you get used to it this remote is a doddle to use, and so much better than the stock ones you get with these TV boxes. Recommended!

Mobie Dazzle Amlogic S805- Quad Core Cortex-A5 1.5GHz Android KitKat 4.4 OS XBMC Streaming HD TV Box Player
Offered by Cos RuRu UK Store

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a pleasant experience!, 16 April 2015
Bought one of these for my brother's birthday. I was initially impressed with the packaging, and having considerable experience of setting up these boxes attempted to do so. Started off OK, and was impressed with the strength of the wi-fi reception. This box has an auto-install feature which loads a number of pre-set add ons. The only problem is that the vast majority of them are obsolete or don't work. I mean, Mashup bit the dust last year!

Took the configuration files from my own box onto a micro SD card so I could transfer them onto this one. Pushed the card into the slot on the box and it just fell inside. Turns out the so-called slot was just a hole in the case. No visible way of opening the box, so that was a 16 Gb card gone west.

At that point I lost patience with the whole thing, packed it back up and returned it for a refund. If you are looking for an Android streaming box I would swerve the cheap stuff like this and go to Droidsticks!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2015 10:22 AM BST

The Toy Taker: Part 2, Chapter 4 to 5 (DI Sean Corrigan, Book 3)
The Toy Taker: Part 2, Chapter 4 to 5 (DI Sean Corrigan, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pointless, 2 Mar. 2015
This rating is because I have read the whole book, and just like Mr. Delaney's other books it is a brilliant read.

However - What on earth is the point of releasing any book a couple of chapters at a time? For goodness sake Amazon, stop all this messing about and just put the whole book on sale!

Cable Mountain Digital Optical ToSlink/Digital Coaxial to RCA Analogue  Phono Audio Converter
Cable Mountain Digital Optical ToSlink/Digital Coaxial to RCA Analogue Phono Audio Converter
Offered by Universal Color

3.0 out of 5 stars Acceptable for the Price, 8 Jan. 2015
Does the job it claims to do, but the output is very low. Have to turn the volume up to maximum on my amp to get an acceptable level of sound. probably reflects the price I paid for it, but I'm sure there are better examples of this kind of device out there.

Because She Loves Me
Because She Loves Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Cracking Read, 8 Jan. 2015
Just finished this book in two days. Gripping from the start, and unlike some other readers I did not find the ending contrived at all. This guy really knows how to keep a plot moving. I read and enjoyed his previous book, "The Magpies", but this one is even better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5