Profile for P. L. Pells > Reviews

Content by P. L. Pells

P. L. Pells (LONDON-UK.)

Page: 1 | 2
Apple iPod touch 32GB (Launched Sept 2009)
Apple iPod touch 32GB (Launched Sept 2009)

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 11 Jan. 2010
I received this before xmas eager to start e mailing as expected. It dosnt pick up my house wifi, In fact it dosnt even show on it and it is not 'invisible' as someone said it might be. It gets a nearby one but that needs a password. Friends with apple itouch's cant make it work either. Also the stress at tring to get my music successfully on it, as in the tracks I want has not succeded, it copies what it fancies and doubles tracks. If I get time to visit an Apple store I will otherwise Ill return it as not fit for purpose and get something that is useful for what I want.
Addendum. I have since got it working and it dosnt always connect but & now I have to do a system restore but have lost all my apps & have been on the helpline but not got it all back as I had to make a new user up & that took ages & I the operator said ring back & I havnt had time since. I increase to 4 stars because when it works its very enjoyable.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2010 10:42 PM BST

Peter, Paul, and Mary Magdalene: The Followers of Jesus in History and Legend
Peter, Paul, and Mary Magdalene: The Followers of Jesus in History and Legend
by Bart D Ehrman

4.0 out of 5 stars Peter Paul & Mary, 14 Nov. 2009
An excellent study of the backgrounds of these three NT characters showing the contradictions within the texts themselves and Mr Ehrman logically shows what textual information can probably be trusted by his methodical analysis throughout the book. Many discrepancies which I knew (at some level were there) but could not unravel as a layman and never would have unless the author had laid it out so comprehensivley. In the same vein the serious student might also want to read James Tabor's Jesus Dynasty which, although I have not finished reading yet,uses archeology and the bible to convince us of the political uses of these so called Word of God texts!

LUPO IGO GREEN USB Mains Charger Power Adapter for Apple iPhone 6 6 Plus 5S 5G 4S 4G 3GS iPad 1 2 3 4 Air Mini Retina, Samsung Galaxy S4 S5, HTC One, Sony Experia, Nokia Lumia, + Tablets
Offered by LUPO STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars LUPO USB Charger, 25 Sept. 2009
Bought this particular LUPO USB mains charger, although more expensive than others advertized, offers a 150-1000 mah charge and I wasnt sure what I needed for my devices and this seemed to have the largest charge rate. Mainly I bought it for my Sansa Sandisk & Samsung YPK5J MP3 players and it works fine on both. Yet to try other gadgets. May buy another for reserve.

Lost Scriptures: Books that Did Not Make It into the New Testament
Lost Scriptures: Books that Did Not Make It into the New Testament
by Bart D. Ehrman

5.0 out of 5 stars Extrbiblical Manuscripts, 11 Aug. 2009
Fantastic translations of 'ommitted' manuscripts with a brief introduction, many of which Mr Ehrman undertook. Great read for seeing the traditional connonized books in a new light. Why should we be restrained by the 'Constantine tradition', almost all the NT scripts were anything from AD 70-150 anyway. Even so, they can be hard to understand in or out of context today, with the usual problem of the original authors unable to explain what they meant due to death, being unavailable for converse or comment!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2015 2:10 PM GMT

The Jerome Conspiracy: Second Edition
The Jerome Conspiracy: Second Edition
by Michael Wood

4.0 out of 5 stars Jerome The Corrupt, 11 Aug. 2009
Michael Wood writes in narrative form the troubles we all have understanding a bible that is often, for language, translation and other reasons, find contradictory and confusing. Todays students & scholars of the bible appreciate there are interpolations & omissions from the 'original' manuscripts. Mr Wood's angle focuses on the Babylonian versus Egyptian manuscripts bringing in the significance of the dead sea scrolls, particularly cave 4. Jerome, for some reason, seems to have been the only person trusted to be able to translate the ancient texts into latin, then get away with what he did. If you want another antichrist here is a frontrunner, trying to annul God's work of salvation in the Christ. An easy read and well researched. The final outcome of his study is the only time the term Gospel - meaning GOOD NEWS - can actually be applied in truth to the bible. Current evangelical & christian sects in general claim good news, but when you read this its the best news possible for mankind, which is why Jerome, for whatever personal gain tried to cover up, but is now unveiled for all to see and believe.

Philips  Super Easy Rechargeable Hair Clipper
Philips Super Easy Rechargeable Hair Clipper

2.0 out of 5 stars Philips QC5070 Super Easy Rechargeable Hair Clipper, 3 Feb. 2007
I found all what I wanted on this model. BUT. When I press hardish, the "LOCK" device collapses & I cut my hair shorter than I intended - not funny! Also 3mm 6mm 9mm increments are not what I wanted. 1mm for the first 3cm would have been perfect. Otherwise great mains/battery Clipper. Nice Pouch.

Page: 1 | 2