Profile for Linda > Reviews

Young James Herriot [DVD][2011]
Dvd ~ Gary Lewis
Price: 10.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent drama, 20 May 2012
I just had to watch this, and was so hoping it wouldn't fall short. I so enjoyed the original series and have it all on DVD and watch it to this day. Yes, this is different, but it keeps the same nice feel to it. It's so good to be able to enjoy a drama and know that there won't be swearing,nudity,violence etc

This was an absolute joy to watch - more please.

White Heat [DVD]
White Heat [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sam Claflin
Price: 5.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of drama, 20 May 2012
This review is from: White Heat [DVD] (DVD)
This is an absolutely fantastic piece of drama which I can't recommend enough. The way the story changes between eras is not at all distracting and very easy to follow. You can usually tell when it's about to change, but even so it's just so good.

The casting was done superbly with all characters really played well. You actually want to know what happens to them and why it happens. The "future" characters are so well matched, even in their mannerisms, to their "young" counterparts. You know exactly who is who.

If you want a well-written drama which will keep you interested right through to the end - buy this DVD.

I don't write many reviews, but so liked this drama I felt I had to recommend it.

Be Careful What You Wish for
Be Careful What You Wish for
by Alexandra Potter
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, enjoyable and excellent read, 10 Jun 2011
This is the first Alexandra Potter book I've read, but I've already bought another, s it was so good.
She has a wonderful way of writing that draws you into the story and keeps you wanting more.
I found it a lovely easy book to read, but not "silly" as some chick lits are.
A well written story that got you thinking, made you laugh, gave you those "Oh I know what you mean" moments,
and was certainly a thoroughly good read. Can't wait to read my next Potter book!

How to Solve Cryptic Crosswords
How to Solve Cryptic Crosswords
by Kevin Skinner
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for beginners, 10 Jun 2011
I've just received this book and am very pleased with it. I've already done one other book, similar to this, but wanted some more practise. It is excellent in that it introduces each different type of clue and gives you practise at those types before moving on. If you struggle to finish cryptics or are new to them definitely get this book.

Quiz Setting Made Easy
Quiz Setting Made Easy
by Michael Penrice
Price: 7.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 16 Dec 2010
This review is from: Quiz Setting Made Easy (Paperback)
This book gives you some brilliant advice and so many ideas for quizzes.
It's a definite to buy if you have to compile any quizzes.

Live on Earth
Live on Earth
Price: 13.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Wonderful, 14 Nov 2010
This review is from: Live on Earth (Audio CD)
This is a fabulous CD. I'm only buying another copy as our first one has been played continuously so much
it's starting to skip now. You won't be disappointed!

The Prestige [DVD] [2006]
The Prestige [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Hugh Jackman
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 3.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Film, 7 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Prestige [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
This is an absolutely brilliant film. I normally don't like Michael Caine films, but even I have to admit that he was good in this. Just when you think you've worked one thing out, something happens to make you doubt. The ending is superb. Don't miss it!

The Mathematical Theory Behind Backgammon
The Mathematical Theory Behind Backgammon
by Ali Khayat
Price: 6.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Of no interest at all, 3 Oct 2007
I expected some indepth study into the "Mathematical Theory behind Backgammon", but what I got was a dry, boring book about the history of the game. If you have any interest in backgammon, avoid this book at all costs!

The Undomestic Goddess
The Undomestic Goddess
by Sophie Kinsella
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read - Unputtdownable, 19 May 2006
This review is from: The Undomestic Goddess (Paperback)
This was first encounter of any of Sophie Kinsella's books, but it will not be my last. This was a really funny read. Got it on Sunday and had finished it by Thursday! Didn't get much housework done myself that week.

I would thoroughly recommend this.