Profile for Mr. Tony Mahon > Reviews

Mr. Tony Mahon

Montane Men Featherlite Velo Biking Jacket - Fluoro, Medium
Montane Men Featherlite Velo Biking Jacket - Fluoro, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Usual Excellent Montane product, 24 Nov. 2014
Packs into it's own highly compact pack, about the same size as a tennis ball,it has proved to be very windproof and able to provide adequate shower protection.I also find that I am not overheating whilst riding quite briskly.

Lenovo C460 21.5-inch All-In-One Desktop - Black (Intel Core i3 4130T 2.9GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, Wi-Fi, BT, Nvidia Graphics, Windows 8.1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Poor man's apple?, 16 Jun. 2014
Does all that I want it to do and much faster than my ageing Fujitsu Siemens Laptop! I am not experiencing any of the noise problems from either cooling fan or hard drive. I can hear the fan but don't find it obtrusive and my hearing is good.
The fact that a reasonably tech. savvy person could upgrade the memory or change the hard drive and even the optical drive is
a good feature and if one is not so capable it should still result in lower bills if serviced elsewhere-something that you definitely would not be able to do with an Apple!
The plug in keyboard has a nice action as does the mouse.
Note that two versions are available on Amazon and the one with the Intel Core i3 4130T is the one to go for if you want the NON touch - it was not all that clear when I purchased but the technical description has been improved.

In conclusion, I am happy to recommend this product.

Lenovo C365 19.5-inch All-In-One Desktop - Black (AMD E1 2500 1.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Wi-Fi, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Two out of Two Faulty, 3 May 2014
If this machine had been without faults it may well have filled the bill. As things stand, the first C365 had very poor wi fi reception compared with my 5 year old low spec, Fujitsu Siemens lapt top which was sat alongside. The problem was low level signal detection and also being very badly affected by neighbours wi-fi s.So, this one was returned and I waited for the replacement. This time the wi-fi reception was faultless but two of the four rear mounted USB 2.0 sockets did not work. Two are required one for the keyboard and one for the mouse which leaves no spares for printer and one extra. I know that I could buy an adaptor to multiply the USB ports but this is a new item and should work. Having now lost confidence in Lenovo's quality control,the second C365 will be heading back to " Laptp Outlet" on Tuesday for a full refund and I will be heading to nearby " Scan International " to see what they can provie.

It is a shame beause the neatness of the All in One did appeal and after the laptop I was really only looking for an up to date spec, and a larger screen.Now I may head back to seperates option, tower, screen, keyboaord and mouse.

Like many others, I did not like the screen full of Tiles and no familiar Start Sceen but I quickly found the free and excelent program
" Clasic Shell " which makes everything more familar and brings back a proper start menu , actually thre diffrent options are available and you can still revert to the Tiles if you wish. I believe Microsoft are bringing ou an update for 8.1 which restores e Start menu but reviews are so far saying that " Classic Shell " is better.

Contech ScareCrow Outdoor Animal Deterrent - CRO-101
Contech ScareCrow Outdoor Animal Deterrent - CRO-101

4.0 out of 5 stars Cats and Dogs avoid it -small childen love it!, 26 April 2014
I have had this now for about 3 years and it still works pretty well and I have not had problems with heavy battery use. Sometimes it doesn't seem to spray in an arc as it should and it wil trigger in high winds if the sensor detects movement from a bush-easily solved by urning the sensitivity down. It also sometimes triggers for no apparent reason -possibly due to being confused by the sun going behind a cloud and then coming out the other side.I used to get leaks from where the hose goes on to te device but when I bought quality hose connectors ( Hozelock ) leaks stopped. This morning the window cleaner got wet again before I realised that he had arrived and turned it off and to avoid annoying the postman you have to be careful that Scarecrow is carefully positioned.I have also lost count of the number of times that it has caught me !
As I previously said, small children love playing chicken with it and getting wet- just make sure that it is followed by bath and bed!
Tony.

Sanyo 1900mAh AA Eneloop Mignon Battery (Pack of 4)
Sanyo 1900mAh AA Eneloop Mignon Battery (Pack of 4)
Offered by iCell Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Service re chargeables, 13 April 2014
I bought hese four cells to replace some which were stolen from my pedalcycle .I use the cells to power a Garmin Etrex GPS whichI use on y bike and also when out walking. I still get about 15 hours use out of the per charge and have not noticed any significant drop off in this time on my original eneloops which I bought about 5 years ago.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little light, 10 Mar. 2014
It is a great light running light in the same way that motorcyclists display lights in daytime. I rarely use it in anything except flashing mode but I have observed drivers coming out of a junction suddenly braking. When driving , because I cycle regularly, I reckon to be very aware of cyclists but I have found myself that a flashing light on a cycle really does draw the eye immeadiatley.
I would not say that this light would be adequate for cycling on unlit roads as can happen at the end of a winter ride but then it really isn't intented to be.
Having said all the above my light exhausted it's batteries VERY quickly , for the moment I am giving it the benefit of the doubt and have installed new duracells and we will see. If it does exhaust my batteries quickly again I will obviously contact the supplier for a replacement - if that happens I will update this review.

Gigaset C475 - Cordless phone w/ answering system & caller ID - DECT\GAP - black

5.0 out of 5 stars Siemens Gigaset C475 with Answerphone, 2 Mar. 2011
Bought this item about a month since and so far I am happy to agree with all the positive views.Easy to use with good on screen menu and more than enough functions to satisfy most peoples needs.If you think mobile phone when using the handset,then that works the best.

The handbook is very clear and written in GOOD english- I am rather one of those who thinks if all else fails read the instructions and when you do all is clearly explained.

Good clear speech at either end of the call and very good battery life- be carefull to take note of the initial charge/discharge sequence before you start to use the device.

The price, from Ligo, is very keen and I took advantage of the discounted next day delivery that they offered me.

Ligo have very good customer reviews.