Profile for I. Nilsson > Reviews

Oblique strategies: Over one hundred worthwhile dilemmas
Oblique strategies: Over one hundred worthwhile dilemmas
by Brian Eno
Edition: Unknown Binding

5.0 out of 5 stars Oblique Strategies. How can anyone manage without them?, 3 Jun 2013
Some hundred cards to help you get on with your daily life. Whenever I am stuck I pick a card and try to follow it as well as I can. My favourite strategy: "Gardening, not architecture."

The IT Crowd - Complete Series 1-4 Box Set [DVD]
The IT Crowd - Complete Series 1-4 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Noel Fielding
Price: 13.70

5.0 out of 5 stars The IT Crowd - geeky fun, 3 Jun 2013
We have seen it before - geeky nerds meet hot girl. This time it works though, mostly thanks to the three protagonists (Moss, Roy and Jen). Occasionally Noel Fielding makes an appearance, as well, which is fun. The plots are witty, sometimes surreal, but always believable.

Plebs [DVD]
Plebs [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joel Fry
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Plebs - historically incorrect, but that is beside the point, 3 Jun 2013
This review is from: Plebs [DVD] (DVD)
Plebs is a fun sitcom about two poor fellows in ancient Rom + their slave, Grumio. Grumio is my favourite, because of his lack of brains and his horrible accent. The plots could have been set anywhere and anywhen, so if you are looking for historical accuracy, you will have to look very carefully. The plots are, however, great fun (but a bit blue), the actors very good and the settings are great.

The New Watch
The New Watch
by Sergei Lukyanenko
Price: 11.89

4.0 out of 5 stars The Watches - Night and Day are back, and how we have longed for their return, 3 Jun 2013
This review is from: The New Watch (Hardcover)
The fifth novel in this series was a delight to read. All the favourite characters are there - Gorodetsky, Gesar, Olga etc. It was also fun to meet Arina again. The plot was quite intricate and interesting. Once again the twilight is threatened, and this time by Gorodetsky's own daughter. On the minus side, Lukyanenko is in this novel often prone to some rather longwinded philosophical discussions about the nature of the twilight and other topics along the same vein.

I Caesar: Rise & Fall of the Roman Empire [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Artist Not Provided
Offered by supermart_usa
Price: 11.10

4.0 out of 5 stars I Caesar, 18 Dec 2009
Very informative. Interviews mixed with film extracts and animations. Great stuff if you're into ancient stuff.