Profile for Andrew C > Reviews

Content by Andrew C

Andrew C

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
AKORD Wire Keychain Cable with Keyring Twist Barrel, Stainless-Steel, Silver, Pack of 10
Offered by ukHorich

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a keyring. It's cheap and it does the job, 10 Jun. 2016
Not sure what to say about this. It a steel wire keyring thing. You use it as a keyring. It's cheap and it does the job pretty well. I only needed one but hopefully I'll find a use for the rest. Not sure what, you can't really attach USB keys to them, it will just wear through or break the hole.

Crocs Unisex Adult Classic Clogs - Black (Black), 9 UK Men/10 UK Women (43-44 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and Incredibly Comfortable, 27 May 2016
I wore out my old pair of Crocs and I expect to wear these out too, but they will last a good couple of years. They may be unfashionable these days but they are incredibly comfortable and versatile. On my feet they are quite loose, with or without socks (yes, I'm unfashionable enough to wear sock with sandals), but the next smaller size is slightly too tight for my comfort, but they have never fallen off.

SanDisk Ultra 64 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 100 MB/s - Black
SanDisk Ultra 64 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 100 MB/s - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, but it came formatted as FAT32, which is ridiculous for a 64GB USB stick, 27 May 2016
Feels solid, if plasticy & has a decent sized hole to attach it to a keyring so it doesn't get lost. I do have one concern though, in that it came formatted as FAT32, which is ridiculous for a 64GB USB stick and a huge waste of space. I immediately reformatted it as exFAT, but I shouldn't have had to. As far as I can tell it is an original SanDisk USB stick, though.

ACENIX® - NEW Heavy Duty Builders Work Workman Armour Case for iPhone 4 & 4S - STURDY CASE - *BULIT iN SCREEN GUARD PROTECTER* - Free Screen Film - Free Mini Stylus Pen
Offered by ETRADER DIRECT LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 25 May 2015
The holes for the volume buttons in the rigid part of the case are very slightly misplaced and press down on the volume buttons, making the phone pretty much unusable while in the case.

Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500
Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, 25 May 2014
I got this mouse to replace a Microsoft Intellimouse that was finally starting to show its age. Unfortunately, despite the superficial similarity it is rather shorter and otherwise has a very different feel in the hand from the classic Intellimouse, and to me at least is actually quite uncomfortable.

In short if you are looking for a drop in replacement for an Intellimouse, this is not the mouse for you.

On the positive side it seems quite sturdy, as you would expect from a Microsoft mouse.

If you are just looking for a decent Microsoft mouse, than I sure this could do the job quite well.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2015 6:57 PM GMT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 13 May 2014
Doesn't come with any assembly or installation instructions so I had to guess that.It also feels a little flimsy, but it hasn't fallen out or come apart yet. Still, you can't expect much for the price

Link in the Chain
Link in the Chain

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a real of best of, 21 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Link in the Chain (Audio CD)
Best of and compilation albums tend to be pot luck at best of times, and with an artist with such a long and eventful career as Pete Seeger with such a massive catalogue to choose from, this could have gone horribly wrong. However, despite a few tracks, this really feels like a collection of many of the great songs of Pete Seeger.

If you are new to Pete Seeger, bewildered and don't know where to start, then this is probably the (double) album for you. It certainly helped me find my feet when I bought it back in 1997 or so.

Versus Touchtab 7" Tablet Android PC touch tab screen pad Google
Versus Touchtab 7" Tablet Android PC touch tab screen pad Google

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks promising, but beware!, 23 Aug. 2013
This looks like it might be a good cheap Android Tablet with a decent specification (it ticks all the boxes, like having an SD Card slot), but IMHO it's not really worth the money.

There are a lot of little problems with it, which build up to a frustrating whole. Overall it feels sluggish and unstable. The touchscreen seems to over-sensitive in some spots and hardly registers inputs in others. The browser is just painfully sluggish. Apps hang and have to be killed with annoying frequency. Some apps install but don't work properly, like the Kindle App, which just displays a blank, white screen when you are trying to read a book. Versus UK are aware of this, there response is "update the firmware" which does nothing to fix the problem. Be warned "update the firmware" is their stock answer to any problem with the tablet.

On the plus side the battery life is surprisingly adequate considering all the other problems it has.

I get the feeling that if the makers had spent a little more and used a slightly more powerful CPU and slightly better quality touchscreen this would have been a wonderful little tablet.

Forces Favourites - 12 SOngs by SOuth Africans Supporting the End Conscription Campaign

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, 9 May 2013
Not only is this an important document of a time of growing opposition to Apartheid among young White South Africans in particular (and of course, South Africans in general) in the 80's, it's also a collection of excellent music.

Behringer PP400 Microphono Ultra Compact Phono Preamp assorted colour
Behringer PP400 Microphono Ultra Compact Phono Preamp assorted colour

5.0 out of 5 stars At last I can listen to my records again., 9 May 2013
After my ancient but still decent sounding amplifier with built in phono stage died I was forced to brave the waves of the audiophile world again. After much searching I decided that nothing had changed, it was still 90% BS and decided to plug my equipment into my PC soundcard until I could find a decent sounding and cheap amplifier. That left me the problem of finding a phono preamp that wasn't an outrageous price.

After almost giving up I stumbled across this, almost by chance. Having used Behringer equipment having had only good experiences with it, I decided to buy this, without giving it a listen.

It does what it says on the tin, it doesn't cost the earth and it sounds pretty good to me, although I've been accused of having a tin ear. Most importantly, it has a Ground terminal, which my turntable requires and which seem to be sorely lacking in other cheap phono preamps.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3