ARRAY(0xa35252d0)

Xbox One Console: FIFA 14 Special Edition
Offered by Discount-Select
Price: 442.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality!, 24 Dec 2013
I thought long and hard before buying The Xbox One. I considered the PS4 but after many hours of consideration, opted for the Microsoft offering into the next generation console war. Ordered from Amazon and delivered quickly. (Thanks to DPD for excellent service!)

I did think that the extra 80 in the price would be a big influence on which console to buy, but as I've had a 360 since launch day, (I also owned a PS3) I decided to pay the extra cash and get the Kinnect thrown in with the bundle. Before purchase, I didn't think it was necessary to have the Kinnect and was the one big reason I nearly bought a PS4, but, after using it for a couple of days now, I realise where Microsoft is going with the Kinnect. It works well, enhances the overall experience and is a worthy accessory for the Xbox One.

The console itself is very impressive. I compared games running on both consoles prior to purchase and would say there is nothing to choose between them. The games are just so good to look at, Forza and Call of Duty Ghosts really show off what the Xbox One is capable of. I had been playing Ghosts on the 360 up until I took delivery of the new console and didn't expect to see much of a difference in the graphics. How wrong I was! The difference is huge!

As time goes by, I'd expect to see developers really understanding what could be achieved in future games, which augers well, whichever machine you buy.

The set up took about 15 minutes, a quick update of the firmware, merged my old 360 account and it was ready to go. The console is very quiet, a big difference from the 360 and although not yet available in the UK, It is designed to be used with your TV provider.

It's obvious Microsoft sees this machine as being a media hub to be used for all sorts of apps and functions in the future, which makes sense, given how media streaming and downloads have progressed so much over the past couple of years. The quality of playback on the Bul-Ray is as you would expect.

Through in 7.1 sound if you have the means, and it makes for a very impressive overall package.

I'd ignore the foundless, highly critical comments of some people on these reviews who base their comments solely on their potential loyalty to Sony and not personal experience and seriously consider the Xbox One as being your next purchase.

Love it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2014 4:11 PM GMT

Creative Inspire T3130 Speaker System
Creative Inspire T3130 Speaker System

5.0 out of 5 stars Imressive!, 17 Oct 2012
These speakers are excellent. I was a bit concerned that they couldn't be anything but poor at only 34. How wrong I was! The bass is thumping and needs turned down, the speakers themselves have no interference that I can detect and have plenty of bite. I am using them on my PC for music/films/TV and they stand up very well indeed. I have other speakers systems in the house that cost a whole lot more than this bundle, but these perform surprisingly well.

I'd recommend these speakers to everyone. Impressed.

The Raid [Blu-ray]
The Raid [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Iko Uwais
Price: 6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Friday Night Fare!, 29 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Raid [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
By now you know the plot, suffice to say, this is THE action movie of the year. No doubt. Brilliantly shot, fast paced, incredible fight scenes, the absolute in Friday night entertainment. BUY IT!

"Commando": The Dirty Dozen: The Best 12  "Commando" Books of All Time
"Commando": The Dirty Dozen: The Best 12 "Commando" Books of All Time
by George Low

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 26 Dec 2005
If, like me, you are in any way interested in reliving your chidhood, then this book will bring back a lot of memories! I was brought up on these comics and now have a considerable collection. This book has an intro from the current editor and then some superb stories, all of which capture the stiff upper lip attitude of the comics. There is a small input on the covers but no more unfortunately.
Most of the stories number pre 600. The art work is superb and if you arelucky enough to pick up copies of Achtung Commando, then your reference material is complete!
If you don't already own the comics conatained in ther book, then this is an essential purchase.