Profile for PhilT > Reviews

PhilT

Maxi-Cosi Axiss Group 1 Car Seat (Total Black) 2014 Range
Maxi-Cosi Axiss Group 1 Car Seat (Total Black) 2014 Range

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea, works well., 17 Jun. 2014
Great seat, we have 2 of them now and a traditional isofix car seat. The Axiss is kinder on both the kids and the parents. No more banging heads when trying to get them over the side arm of a standard baby seat. Quicker and easier to strap them in and to take them out, which is a real bonus on wet days.

Panasonic HC-V550CTEBK Full HD Camcorder - Black (10MP, 90x Intelligent Zoom, Wi-Fi, NFC) 3.0 inch LCD (New for 2014)
Offered by Picsio

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camcorder, spare batteries are a ridiculous price., 17 Jun. 2014
Should be a 5 star recommendation, but the spare batteries are silly prices (£50 for the standard and € 92 for the larger version). Battery price is the only reason not to buy a Panasonic camcorder. The camcorder itself exceeded my expectations, recording quality is great, it is very compact and simple to use. HDMI is easy to connect to TV or laptop, The hybrid image stabilisation thingy works really well when recording while walking and driving across rough terrain. The zoom.is brilliant. I bought 2 Transcend 95MB/sec SDXC memory cards @ £30 each from another memory site in UK - no issue with them so far recording in HD. If the batteries drop to a realistic price, it would be a 5 star piece of kit.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2015 11:34 AM GMT

Polisport Spike Boy's Baby Bike Helmet - Blue, 44-48cm
Polisport Spike Boy's Baby Bike Helmet - Blue, 44-48cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice helmet, 7 Sept. 2013
It is really light and it is well made.

Seems to be fairly comfortable on the baby's head. His head is 44cm, and this is a slightly loose, so I packed it with some sponge to tighten it on his head. It really needs a little more adjustment for smaller heads.

The rear profile of the helmet is very flat, which is more comfortable for him to rest his head against the child seat

I am happy with in in general, best solution that i could find for value & light weight.

ABUS 6000/120 Bordo Big Folding Lock - Red, 120 cm
ABUS 6000/120 Bordo Big Folding Lock - Red, 120 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Tidy & safe, 7 Sept. 2013
This lock is very tidy to store on the bike.

It is a little heavy, but it is a well designed piece of kit.

The only downside is that it is too short to lock 2 bikes with child seats together around a pole, unless the bikes are placed head to tail.

Lindam Adjustable Back Seat Mirror
Lindam Adjustable Back Seat Mirror

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mirror, very clear, it works well, 31 Jan. 2013
After reading the reviews, I purchased this mirror to see my newborn in a rearward facing seat in the back of my car.

This mirror works really well, it is easy to fit and adjust and the view is very clear. The large size makes it really easy to check that he is OK and eyes back on the road again

I have bought other mirrors that were just not clear enough to see my firstborn 18 months ago.

There is a very tiny bit of vibration due to large sized mirror but it does not affect the view of the baby in any way even on bumpy back roads.

Buying a second one for my wife's car now.

BT 200 Digital Baby Monitor
BT 200 Digital Baby Monitor

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor battery life - it sometimes turns off without warning!!!!, 19 Jun. 2012
When we got this first we loved it, very clear sound, very functional, etc.

Over the past few months we found that it would turn off with a brief low battery beep. The battery life has declined very rapidly recently & we have a maximum of 20 minutes away from the charger now before it turns off, often without a warning beep.

Recently we have found that it has turned off a couple of times while sitting in the charger without any warning, even though the charging light is on! This is just not acceptable.

It has just happened again tonight while on charge, but this time we found that our baby had woken & was very upset, while we thought she was sleeping soundly upstairs.

I need to buy new batteries for it now, but there is a very serious design flaw here. The low battery warning beep should actually beep before it turns off - each time, not just occasionally. For future this will be a monitor for downstairs use.

I recommend that you buy another brand of monitor as I now will. A baby monitor should offer peace of mind - this monitor certainly does not give peace of mind.