Profile for pocketpete > Reviews

Content by pocketpete

pocketpete

PowerGen Power-U Dual USB 2.4A 12W (fast) Heavy Duty Ouput Car Charger for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPhone 5 iPhone 4 4s 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch and Android Devices (cable NOT included) - White
Offered by E-TRADING24 LTD

Airwave 6x3mtr FULLY WATERPROOF Pop Up Gazebo BEIGE with Six Side Panels and Carrybag

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 11 Dec. 2014
Ordered for a Bonfire Party the Gazebo is big and pretty sturdy when up. The gazebo has flimsy plastic joints not metal ones and so are very fragile I had to pop rivet one back on. You have to be really careful putting it up and it needs 2 people to put it up and 3 to take it down. If you try and do this quickly it will simply bend and break. The metal is soft and very poor.

I paid £ 145 for it which was cheaper than renting one if I get 2 or 3 uses out of it I will he happy. More would be a bonus. It was pretty stable once up I fixed it to a fence and reinforced the legs with some 1inch wooden poles. A few party lights and all went well.

Quality poor. Price Good. Be very careful handling it.

Perky-Pet 395 10-inch Sunflower Seed and Peanut Wild Bird Feeder
Perky-Pet 395 10-inch Sunflower Seed and Peanut Wild Bird Feeder

5.0 out of 5 stars Squirrel Proof, 11 Dec. 2014
Glad I found these in the Uk. They appear cheap and nasty but are actually very tough. Rust proof and the squirrels cant break them. They do have a nibble at the nuts sticking out but they cannot bend the metal. Really good item to have.

Advanced English Billiards: Match-winning Shots and Strategies in the All-round Game
by Martin Goodwill

5.0 out of 5 stars Next Step, 25 July 2013
I have been waiting for months for the second book in Martins and Rogers Billiards Book Series and I was not disappointed.

The book is based on the same format as the original 'Snooker players Guide to English Billiards' with clear text and wonderful pictures and diagrams of all the shots. This of course is all backed up by the videos and help on the website.

Having progress my skills I can now apply the techniques in the new book to further improve and extend my billiards knowledge and hopefully take me onwards in this frustrating sport. Don't wait, get your copy ordered my breaks have improved at each stage of the book so far.

A wonderful addition to my collection of billiard books.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Solwise Homeplug 200mbs, 2 Jun. 2012
Discovered this product by accident whilst looking for 100m of network cable. This cost of running the cable to a remote office some 100m from the house was rather expensive and I was unsure whether the CAT 5 would work at that distance. The electrician wanted a quite a bit for running the cable overhead.

Having power already in the office I decided it was worth a go to buy a couple of these and try them out if they didnt work I would resell them on ebay. Plugged them in and within 10 seconds the network kicked in and was running at full speed. Showing 60 mb connection to the hub and running my BT infinity at 21mb.

Really happy with the product, worked first time saved me at least £ 300 in cabling and is a really fast solution. No setting up or difficult IP settings. I have even purchased another one to pop in my daughter bedroom as her wireless was getting poor at that side of the house. She now has full Bars across Phone Laptop and Ipad.

Honeywell Pet Friendly Accenta Pro Burglar Alarm System
Honeywell Pet Friendly Accenta Pro Burglar Alarm System
Offered by Alert Electrical

4.0 out of 5 stars Self Install Alarm - Accenta, 24 Mar. 2012
I had an existing alarm which was very old and rather useless. Indeed I got burgled and they smashed it to bit even though the bell was not working properly. I looked in to various models and eventually got the Honeywell system.

My knowledge of alarms was nil but I had done a bit of electrics in the past and a little computer cabling. So I thought it would save me money.

The box arrived and I had ordered the larger set with 6 x PIR's and a dummy alarm box. I decided to lay this out on the kitchen table and wired it all together before putting it all on the walls and in the loft. The instructions are very technical and pretty useless. The only clear section being the bell housing which actually had the wires clearly marked. The PIR's were a nightmare 6 wires but 8 available slots. A search on the internet revealed EOL EDL were not used. Eventually I managed to get one PIR working but adding a second proved difficult. The LED panel kept showing TAMPER fault despite me checking all cables and switches.

I phoned the supplier who did not really want to help but eventually a helpful guy told me the LED panels suffered a common fault that the tamper switch spring got squashed when in storage and to simply pull out the spring to extend it and the fault would go. I did this and instantly the Panel worked and so did the PIR. Another phone called simplified the linking of the PIR units and I installed it around the house.

Every thing worked well but the bell tamper switch proved unreliable as the brick I had mounted it on was not level. I move it 3 inches and all was well. Once you figure out the wires for the PIR it all seems so simple. I put a Magnetic switch on the entry door simply two wires on them. Watch the tamper circuits they can be troublesome and hard to find which circuit is to blame for the fault. Even the walk through test failed to show which PIR I had wired wrongly.

Not a bad system overall. Programming the box afterwards was easy once your had figured out the manual. I just wish the manual was better written it would have made life so much better, it assumed you knew a lot about alarms. It took me two days to get it installed and working well. If I did it again it would take only a couple of hours.

The Snooker Player's Guide to English Billiards: A New Fast Track Method for Improving Your Cue Skills
by Martin Goodwill

5.0 out of 5 stars Convert to playing Billiards, 1 Mar. 2011
I found the Authors web site first and began to follow the instructions and video on the web site. The book was released a few months later and completes the methods of converting from being a snooker player to a Billiards player. The diagrams and links to the videos are brilliant. I am now playing Billiards on the main circuit and managing to win quite a few matches. Without this books help it would have been a struggle. I would have no hesitation in urging anyone to get a copy of this book to improve their snooker skills alone.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle 3g wi fi, 7 Jan. 2011
I purchased this as a gift for my wife. It is very easy to use, we had downloaded books free and paid ones within a few minutes.

It was simple to connect to our home wifi system, but rather confusing as to how the 3g works. Basically if you are near your wifi it connects using wifi if you are out of range the wireless 3g kicks in but the system does not tell you that.

The only niggle is it is very easy to browse a book and accidentally press the BUY button. If the book is small and you have a good connection it downloads before you have time to cancel. You then have to ring up Kindle to get a refund.

Apart from that the device is great no problems, even the browser is good picture and screen quality is super. I am going to buy a case for it, pity it did not come with one.