Profile for Movetotheleft > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Wahoo Fitness TICKR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android
Wahoo Fitness TICKR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android

5.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of kit!, 21 Oct. 2015
I've had this product for four months or so and used it mainly in the gym but also for other exercises and sport. It really has had a MASSIVE impact on my fitness drive.

The belt itself is fine. It is fairly easy to adjust and the bluetooth monitor part clips on / off easily but stays perfectly in place while it is attached to my chest.

The excellent Wahoo App for my iPod Touch 5g and also on my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact was very easy to set-up and link to the monitor belt. I sync the results with the MapMyFitness app and believe that it works with Strava in the same way.

Put simply, it allows me to monitor my heart rate through the particular training zones. For endurance, I easy-off a bit if it is too high to be sustainable for long - so rather than go for a while and stop, I can carry on. It has allowed me to map my progress and analyse performance and I am all the better for it.

Bracoo Adjustable Waist Trimmer Belt, One Size, Black
Bracoo Adjustable Waist Trimmer Belt, One Size, Black
Offered by Comfytopia

4.0 out of 5 stars I think it works!, 21 Oct. 2015
I've been working-out in the gym about three or four times a week with this belt in addition to a bit of road running and a lot of tennis. I've lost nearly four stone and at least four inches around my waist but this has been in conjunction with a strict approach to nutrition.

There is no doubt that I sweat more around my waist whilst I use this belt. The quality is very good - despite the use it has had the velcro hasn't really lost strength and the belt seems as effective as it was from the begining. How much effect it has had on any loss of fat / water retention I cannot be sure, but I think that it has contributed as part of my overall approach to improving my shape.

Advanced Ab Toning Belt For Slender Toned Stomach Muscles
Advanced Ab Toning Belt For Slender Toned Stomach Muscles
Offered by EZ Innovations Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Purchased and returned, 20 Oct. 2015
I had lost a few stone and was in a position where I felt that using a belt would be able to stimulate my abdominal muscles and give a more toned tummy (I had used a Slendertone belt a few years before with reasonable success). I purchased this on the strength of the reviews that I read on here as the Slendertone system was a fair bit more and the cost of the pads works-out more than the cost of purchasing the gel that you need to make this belt work effectively (it does come with a tube included). The packaging was fine, it arrived in good time and the belt itself seemed fine. It was a bit of a fiddle to tighten the belt (and it does need to be in the correct position to have any effect) but seemed well made.

However, what struck me immediately was there was no instructions of any note – yes, the operation of it is fairly intuitive, but it doesn’t give any sort of suggested programme to work with. I also couldn’t find a proper website for the product that might be more informative. I don’t believe that it is as powerful as the Slendertone Premium Abs product, which I borrowed from a friend to test (and subsequently purchased from Amazon for just thirty pounds more than this product) and therefore although I think that if you have a low percentage body fat across your belly you will see results from this product you might as well get a more powerful one. I was able to use the maximum settings on this product immediately – I couldn’t do it on the Slendertone without it being very uncomfortable. If you do have a lot of body fat I don’t think that you will see much in the way of visible results no matter what product you use – there is no substitute for dedicated exercise and sensible eating.

I notice that there are a lot of 5* reviews for this product that are just a couple of lines by reviewers who haven’t reviewed any other purchases they have made – just an observation…… I returned the product ten days ago and am still to receive my refund. Buyer beware.

Engraved Slate House number sign - 1 to 99 (select your number here) - number 11 (Same Day Dispatch by 1st class Post!!!)
Offered by Atlantic Hardware Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars ... I would have thought as I suppose it could easily be damaged in the post, 24 Sept. 2015
The slate number was delivered very quickly in buble-wrap in a jiffy envelope - not in a box as I would have thought as I suppose it could easily be damaged in the post. That said, it arrived in absolutely perfect condition with no marks or chips to the edges.

The finish is to a really good quality and the slate is solid and easily better than the other option that we looked at in a well know DIY megastore at twice the price. The screw covers are a little fiddly to put on but other than it was easily to drill and attach to the wall. I suppose that it could be glued as well depending on the wall surface. If I moved house I would be very happy to buy this product from this company again.

Case-Mate Tough Case for Sony Xperia Z1 Compact - Black
Case-Mate Tough Case for Sony Xperia Z1 Compact - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a glove, 2 Aug. 2014
I've used a couple of Case-Mate Tough cases for smartphones over the years and I have never had a problem (like I have with cheaper products or an Otterbox for a Galaxy S3). This fits like a glove and provides the protection that I have come to expect from the brand.

The patterned rear provides a bit of grip, the inner silicone rim that goes around the phone inside the harder shell gives me the impression that it will help ensure that my phone is provided with adequate protection. There aren't any drawbacks that I can see for me as a user but be aware that the magnetic charger point on the side is covered and I believe that you would not be able to charge this way with this case so it might not be suitable for you....

I would definitely recommend this product.

Ultimate Shield Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
Offered by Ultimate Shield

5.0 out of 5 stars Great screen protector., 2 Aug. 2014
I purchased this before my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact arrived alongside the CaseMate Tough having followed the advice of one of the other reviewers of this shield.

I applied it directly to my new phone as soon as I peeled-off the scratch protecting piece of film that it came with. That ensured that there was no dust, I also did it in the bathroom as instructed to reduce the risk of dust. It went on perfectly - no bubbles at all and provides and excellent screen protection. I hadn't used my phone before applying the shield so I don't know whether it changes the sensitivity - I presume not as the screen sensitivity is perfect.

I have often bough screen protectors for about £2/3 (they eventually peel-off and have to be replaced), but this was well worth the extra money for the protection and the finish that it provides.

I ordered it on Saturday night and it arrived Tuesday - great delivery time.

Pocket Rough Guide Istanbul (Pocket Rough Guides)
Pocket Rough Guide Istanbul (Pocket Rough Guides)
by Terry Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pocket guide to a great city, 10 Jun. 2014
We bought this guide for a three day break in Istanbul. As we were there a short time only we didn't want to spend much more than a fiver and had used Rough Guide books and found them very good in the past.

It was great for transport, places to eat (and some excellent Turkish coffee places!) and things to see. It has the rough outlines of historical things and cultural things to experience. As always, Rough Guides give a good overview of the place you're visiting and throw-in some little gems as well that you would be lucky to just stumble upon. The pull-out map was very handy.

We did spend a bit of time researching what we wanted to see and this book really helped us get to those places and get around while we were there. It was very lightweight and didn't take up much space of our small bag.

Duronic HDS3 Mini 3 Port Gold HDMI Auto Switch PIANO BLACK 3x1 (3 way input 1 output HDMI Switcher)
Offered by DURONIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 10 Jun. 2014
I recently purchased a Google Chromecast and had already run-out of HDMI ports. I took a chance on this product and it has worked fine. I have left my Freesat box connected directly to my TV and now have the Blu Ray, Chromecast and X-Box all connected through the Smart Switch.

I've not noticed any loss of picture quality. The build is OK - sturdy enough and the HDMI slots fit the cables well. All in all it does exactly what I need and is of a reasonable price.

**EDITED** After a couple of months of use this still works absolutely as new, although it doesn't 'automatically detect' and switch between X-Box and Bluray player and therefore I have to reach around to the back of the TV to cycle through the options by pressing the button. Not really a problem but I'm sure that some will consider it an annoyance.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by passionFlix UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Months of fun!, 1 Jun. 2014
I had never played any role-playing games before but had Skyrim bundled with by Xbox 360. When I finally got around to playing it I got more and more into it and got the Dawnguard and Dawnguard add-ons. I must have been playing it for months before I finally got around to finishing-off most of the quests. Instead of looking around for other of the latest games, I bought this. There are obviously many similarities with the more recent game in The Elder Scrolls and Oblivion.

I've been playing this for a few weeks already and it has taken-over much of my free time. It has incredible depth and millions of choices that you can make about the character and story development. I cannot possibly imagine what amount of work went into creating this incredible game with the attention to detail. I love this game and without a doubt I would buy any other add-ons or stand alone games that they produce.

Stontronics 9V ac/dc Mains uk plug Power Adaptor for Magicbox Clarus DAB/FM Digital Radio
Offered by dyysells

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement plug for Magicbox Clarus, 26 April 2014
Does exactly what it was bought for - to replace the broken plug on my Marks and Spencer Digital Internet Radio (a rebadged Magicbox Clarus). Not as unwieldy and heavy as the original and therefore probably less likely to see the casing fall apart.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4