Profile for Doctor9fan > Reviews

Content by Doctor9fan

Doctor9fan (Manchester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
The Hungry Dark: Templar Chronicles 3.5 (An Urban Fantasy and Supernatural Crime Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant short story., 5 Mar. 2014
I look forward to the other upcoming Templar Chronicles books as this was an enjoyable read. This book takes place between the first & second novels.

The Curse of Shadow House
The Curse of Shadow House

1.0 out of 5 stars Downloaded to find it had adware., 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Curse of Shadow House (App)
Can't comment on the actual game as eset flagged this as containing adware. Eset removed the app. Sorry but this is a very poor show.

Cryptic Kingdoms
Cryptic Kingdoms

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely game but a bit short., 28 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Cryptic Kingdoms (App)
If you're an experienced game player then you'll find this game mainly easy, some of the puzzles are more difficult than others & these are in the later 'stages' of the game but overall they're not too taxing.

Clean Master
Clean Master

1.0 out of 5 stars Comes with Zypush.B., 19 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Clean Master (App)
This app contained Zypush.B (variant) a potentially unwanted application. Avoid this at all cost as you don't know what it will do to your device.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to see this for Kindle., 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (App)
I use the pro version on my computer so was happy to see a free version here, no problems installing & choosing real-time protection was fine; it certainly didn't ask for payment nor was I asked to enter any details of my Amazon account or my pc's version pro key to unlock anything - will re-evaluate if I find the real-time scanner requires future payment to continue using it.

Cryptic Keep
Cryptic Keep

3.0 out of 5 stars Have played better quality games of this type., 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Cryptic Keep (App)
This game was very easy for the most part & I only became stuck twice, once because the clues pointed to places which were slightly off from the places you had to put/move something (i.e. clue showed 1pm but item needed to be placed at 12pm) & again when trying to open a secret hole in a wall I found that even though I'd done it right it refused to open, verified with online guide too but eventually it did open.
Game imo is short in that it took me only an hour or two to complete.
Graphics aren't as good as other games of this type & tbh the game looks as though it was created for phones rather than HD Kindle.
Would I play it again? Sorry but the answer is no.

Haunted Past: A Hidden Object Adventure
Haunted Past: A Hidden Object Adventure

4.0 out of 5 stars Very spooky & enjoyable., 11 Jan. 2014
The free game is only a trial version & stops after a few rooms so this review is based on the paid/full version.
This game is a mix of puzzle & hidden object, the difficulty can be changed/customised to make the game easy or harder. Some objects are very difficult to find though & you may find yourself using the hint button a few times.
I upgraded to the full game & once I'd completed it I found a bonus chapter, concept art & wallpapers.
I would've given this 5* but when I reached the end I could find no way to begin the game again unless I removed it from the device & reinstall, if a restart/reset ability was added by the devs in a future update then I'd give the extra *.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2014 2:04 PM BST

You Must Escape
You Must Escape

4.0 out of 5 stars Too easy but enjoyable nonetheless., 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: You Must Escape (App)
I found this game too easy although rooms 10 & 14 did tax my mind at one point.
I look forward to the extra levels as currently it's a little short.
A suggestion to the developers is to be able to reset the app/game so players can start at room 1 again & save your progress; currently once finished & you return to the game you have to choose to play from room 1 to the end as choosing play just takes you to the final room.

Scraping the Bone: Ten Dark Tales
Scraping the Bone: Ten Dark Tales

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant short horror tales., 4 Jan. 2014
These certainly are 10 dark tales of horror, a mixture of tales of the macabre. I recommend this book. :)

Dracula 2: The Last Sanctuary (Full)
Dracula 2: The Last Sanctuary (Full)

1.0 out of 5 stars Constantly crashing, 3 Jan. 2014
This game is slowing down (during the outside Carfax puzzle) & it finally crashed just down the stairs for me too. If the devs fix these complaints then I will review again. I also advise those affected to complain to Amazon via the report a problem link.
Addendum: I suspect that this game is crashing due to the devs removing a vital item in Dr. Seward's room - the wax cylinder as it gives a clue to a future puzzle, I've also noticed other items missing like the compass & spyglass/telescope. Why remove parts of the game as I'd rather pay a bit more for a full game than pay the amount I did for an edited version.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13