Profile for Doctor9fan > Reviews

Content by Doctor9fan

Doctor9fan (Manchester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Infernal Games: An Urban Fantasy Mystery (Templar Chronicles Book 4)
Infernal Games: An Urban Fantasy Mystery (Templar Chronicles Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Another great read but still seeing spelling mistakes., 10 May 2013
If I was the author I'd sack the proofreader as this time the spelling mistakes are more obvious 'whhat' & 'pane' rather than what & plane.
I hope in the next book there is eventually a conclusion to the Cade & Gabrielle storyline as it's getting a bit strung out.

Adblock Plus
Adblock Plus

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite right on Kindle Fire HD .., 7 May 2013
This review is from: Adblock Plus (App)
I've been using the latest version from the adblocker website & although it had its foibles it worked well on the majority of sites so I was happy to see it here specific for the Kindle but once installed oh dear, in-app ads still showed & app store sometimes took ages to load if at all, I tried uninstalling & reinstalling thinking it would improve things but when I uninstalled the app store refused to open & trying to install from the cloud always led to a failure & since the silk browser update this app doesn't work at all. Also app continually switched itself to allow ads, too many complaints about this app on the official abp web forum concerning these & more problems, tbh I've totally removed the app & refuse to use it ever again.

Grimm: The Essential Guide: Seasons 1 & 2
Grimm: The Essential Guide: Seasons 1 & 2

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for all Grimm fans., 5 May 2013
Great to read information on the first series & I'm sure a further release which will include details for the second (& future) series won't be far away.

A Tear in the Sky: An Urban Fantasy Mystery (Templar Chronicles Book 3)
A Tear in the Sky: An Urban Fantasy Mystery (Templar Chronicles Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Another good read., 1 May 2013
Although I enjoyed the book yet again I see strange symbols on several pages, either alone or as part of a word - the word creche. If they're not mistakes why not explain their meaning.

A Scream of Angels: An Urban Fantasy Mystery (Templar Chronicles Book 2)
A Scream of Angels: An Urban Fantasy Mystery (Templar Chronicles Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first., 26 April 2013
The book while an enjoyable read suffers from being bogged down by continually referring to the first novel, ok if you've never read the first but these series of books are afaik a set as there is a running story theme running through all of them so it isn't really necessary.
I've also noticed several mistakes, one there's a letter missing on one page while on several others there's strange symbols similar to one for a planet, I at first thought it was meant to be part of the story but later they began appearing in the middle of words when it became obvious they weren't part of the word.
Also there's no page numbers only loc numbers yet the Amazon page for this book clearly states it has page numbers.

Battery HD
Battery HD

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't see the point of this app., 26 April 2013
This review is from: Battery HD (App)
While the app works as expected it doesn't show anything different than you can see already on the Kindle Fire HD. Battery percentage? you can see that under 'device' in the swipe-down menu. Battery charge reminder? device reminds you with pop-up & sound when battery reaches a set %. The only use I can see is for those who prefer a large visual battery monitor onscreen & you'd have to have the app open continually for that which would run the battery down quicker.

The Heretic: An Urban Fantasy Mystery (Templar Chronicles Book 1)
The Heretic: An Urban Fantasy Mystery (Templar Chronicles Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read., 23 April 2013
Downloaded this as it was a free book, I was a little dubious that it would be heavily mentioning the history of the Knights but it just makes brief references towards them in explanation of who they were & who they are now. The book was riveting to read but I felt the final confrontation was a little disappointing but I won't spoil it by saying why.
I've bought the rest of the books & am currently enjoying book 2.

Draw Infinity
Draw Infinity

2.0 out of 5 stars Very basic., 18 April 2013
This review is from: Draw Infinity (App)
A very basic drawing & photo manipulation app, you can draw in various colours & brush sizes, the best use of this app however would be for the photo editing which is good although again has just the basic features like changing the contrast, brightening, sharpening, hue & saturation, you can also draw on your photos.
Had this not been a free app of the day I wouldn't have bothered trying it & I removed it immediately.

The Secret of Grisly Manor
The Secret of Grisly Manor

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game but too short., 12 April 2013
This review is from: The Secret of Grisly Manor (App)
While I found many of the puzzles easy as they were of the ilk "find A to fit in part B" one or two did stump me as I couldn't work out the puzzle, however even with these breaks in play the whole game took me only around an hour to complete, I then played the game again & took 5 mins or less to complete. No reply value so unless you get the game for free I wouldn't bother downloading as it's not worth buying.

SkinnyNote Notepad Notes
SkinnyNote Notepad Notes

4.0 out of 5 stars Great app but needs improvement., 11 April 2013
This review is from: SkinnyNote Notepad Notes (App)
As this was a free app of the day & I was looking for a way to take notes on my Kindle Fire HD I downloaded this app & was very happy that I did. App works as expected although the drawing note feature isn't very good as the sketched note is squashed/distorted in the note list so you would have to open it in order to read the note, also the reminder rings once, a better option would be to have the tone ring until you cancel it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13