Profile for Escape from Realities > Reviews

Content by Escape from Re...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 183

Escape from Realities "NL" (UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter Illustrated Editi)
by J.K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous book, 11 Dec. 2015
Absolutely gorgeous illustrations. A book any new or old harry potter fan should get

WWE
WWE

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 Dec. 2015
This review is from: WWE (App)
good app for streaming the network

The Complete Robot (Robot Series)
The Complete Robot (Robot Series)
by Isaac Asimov
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars, 11 Dec. 2015
Really good thought provoking short stories

The Body Under the Bridge (A Father Gilbert Mystery)
The Body Under the Bridge (A Father Gilbert Mystery)
by Paul McCusker

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 2 Dec. 2015
Originally posted on escapefromrealities.com

☆☆☆☆.5

** I was sent this book via NetGallery in Exchange for a honest review **

Description:
A former Scotland Yard detective, Father Gilbert knows about death. But, now a priest of a modest Anglican church in the small town of Hailsham, he didn't expect it to show up like this--in the suicide of a man who threw himself off the church tower, and in the discovery of a two-hundred-year-old body beneath an ancient bridge.

The deaths are linked. The mummified corpse under the bridge, a murder victim, reignites a centuries-old battle between two local families--the Todds and the aristocratic Hayshams. Then both David Todd and Lord Haysham begin to act strangely, fearful for reasons they won’t explain.

When Lord Haysham is murdered, David Todd is the prime suspect. But Todd is maniacal, claiming great forces of evil are at work. An entire history of violence and depravity begins to emerge, interweaving the history of several local families with a secret occult society that engages in Black Masses. Has the Society emerged again

My Thoughts:
I read the description of this book on NetGallery and decided to request this book for review. What grabbed my attention was the ‘Former Scotland Yard Detective” character in the story. I am a sucker for all things crime and police related in a story. I didn't know what I would think about the story surrounding a priest and a church but I thought I’d give it a go anyway.

This book for me was so different, mixing crime with paranormal and also with religious subjects. I really enjoyed it. The characters where really likeable and apart from Mary Ashton, who I really didn't like, I didn't dislike any of the others.

Paul McCusker is a very good author and even though I didn't picked this book up in a while, due to personal reasons, the minute I picked it back up again, I could just jump right into it as if I had never put it down.

Overall:
I would recommend this book to any body who likes Crime books or Paranormal books.

The Beast of Barcroft
The Beast of Barcroft

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVED THIS, 17 Nov. 2015
**ACTUAL RATING 4.5**

** I received this book from Netgallery in exchange for an honest review **

Description:

Ben McKelvie believes he’s moving up in the world when he and his fiancée buy a house in the cushy Washington, D.C., suburb of Barcroft. Instead, he’s moving down—way down—thanks to Madeleine Roux, the crazy neighbor whose vermin-infested property is a permanent eyesore and looming hazard to public health.

First, Ben’s fiancée leaves him; then, his dog dies, apparently killed by a predator drawn into Barcroft by Madeleine’s noxious menagerie. But the worst is yet to come for Ben, for he’s not dealing with any ordinary wild animal. This killer is something much, much worse. Something that couldn’t possibly exist—in this world.

Now, as a devilish creature stalks the locals, Ben resolves to take action. With some grudging assistance from a curator at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo and the crackpot theories of a self-styled cryptozoologist, he discovers the sinister truth behind the attacks, but knowing the Beast of Barcroft and stopping it are two different animals.

My Thoughts:

I absolutely loved this book, it was scary, gruesome and different all in one and I cant wait to read more by this author. I flew through this book and read it in about 1 day.

Ben felt very real to me, what I mean is what he was going through felt to me like something everyone would go through in his circumstance and isn’t over exaggerated in anyway throughout the book. I loved Lindsey, which brought a LGBT element to the story. At first I thought the relationship with Ben and Lindsey was going to go a way I didn’t want it to but I became ok with how it went at the end of the story. I really liked the way ben was written in the story to handle the information when he found out. He was ok with it straight away and never changed anything in the relationship between them,

The writing was so easy to read and made me feel like I was there, I could clearly Imagine everything that was happening and I really like when a book does that for me and I can truly escape in to it.

Overall:

I would recommend any one who likes paranormal horror types of books. I have requested his next book straight away from net gallery to read that one as I cant wait till its out and Im also going to be checking out Bill’s first book ‘Slipping the Cable’, as soon as I can
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2015 3:34 PM GMT

Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger: The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower Book 1)
Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger: The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars really god, 23 Oct. 2015
** REVIEW ON http://escapefromrealities.com **

I really liked this book although it did confused me in some places. I thought there was always something I was missing and had to re read certain parts. I will probably have to re read this book again. I think there may be something about Stephen King writing that makes it slightly harder for me to get into. I am going to look at carrying on with this series,maybe giving this book a 2nd read before doing to make sure I fully understand what is going on. Roland was a good character and I liked that we got quite a bit of his background in the story. I will probably do a better more detailed review once I have re-read it. I still give it a 4 star rating though as the bits i understood where really good.

Fated (Servants of Fate Book 3)
Fated (Servants of Fate Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT, 23 Oct. 2015
***Originally posted on www.escapefromrealities.com ***

Description:
Aislin Ferry and Jason Moros have only days until they will be called to account before the Keepers of the Afterlife. Yet as they race to restore order and make their case, their worlds fall into total disarray.

Mutiny within the fractured Ferry family threatens Aislin’s hold on power and role as Charon. Meanwhile, the fearsome Lord of the Kere has family trouble of his own. Someone is unraveling the fabric of fate, and Moros suspects one of his supernatural siblings is behind the terrible bid to unleash Chaos.

Now unlikely allies, Aislin and Moros each need the other to escape the wrath of the Keepers. As the stakes rise, it becomes clear that protecting their respective empires is not the endgame. With the fate of all humanity dangling by a thread, Aislin and Moros must surrender completely to one another if they are to fight their common enemy. And as time runs out, someone must make the ultimate sacrifice.

My Thoughts:

This is the third book by Sarah Fine I have read and again I am blown away by how much I loved it. Her books are amazing.

This book carries on pretty much directly after the second book (Claimed) ended. Even though I had finished the second book months ago. I can still remember everything that had happened and the way Sarah writes it was like I was picking this book up directly after the last one I read. They flow so smoothly.

This novel captured my interests from the beginning and I finished it in just under two days. Apart from the characters who were not supposed to be likeable in the story. I liked every single character the character development was done really well. You can tell Sarah spent a lot of time making sure each person she wrote about was done correctly. I can’t really choose a favourite character but if I had to I would choose Jason Moros.

The ending of this book was so good. At first I thought I was going to be upset with how it ended but then Sarah shocked me and it ended how I wanted it to. I want to read this entire series again now.

Overall:
This is one of the best series I had read and I hate it as one of the top that I love. Sarah Fine has become one of my favourite authors.

Secrets In Phoenix (Phoenix Holt Book 1)
Secrets In Phoenix (Phoenix Holt Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars READ NOW!, 22 Oct. 2015
***ORGINALLY POSTED www.escapefromrealities.com***

Description:
When Sophie Ballester and her twin brothers Sam and Todd are uprooted from their home and sent to a remote boarding school run by their Great Aunt Ness, they stumble upon a hidden room that holds a secret—a secret that will change everything.

The people of Phoenix Holt are not what they seem.

In fact, nothing is.

My Thoughts:
I didn't want this book to finish. I loved every second of it. I completed this book in around a day with 5 hours of reading time in it. I didn't want to put it down! We meet Sophie, Sam and Todd who are twin brothers and sister, I could tell immediately that I would like the family relationship they had going on. I related to them through my own relationship I have with my brother at home, the jokes, the “bullying”, the protectiveness, the envy (on some occasions). I loved these people as characters and felt like I knew them. The plot was fast paced and so easy to read and enjoyable. Jaxon was a likeable character as well, I liked the way you could tell the romance was going to blossom and that it could of been dangerous for either off them. Even though I had a feeling I knew how it was going. The way that Gabriella writes I really didn't mind at all. The supernatural elements of this story were awesome and I liked how we got ‘two’ stories in one with the background story of Wilbar and Jaxon and the town itself.

This is another one of her books I read so quickly because it was an amazing story and I love her writing style. She is sat right on top of my auto buy authors list.

I would defiantly recommend this book and Gabriella as an author to anyone.

Overall:

GO. READ. THIS. BOOK.

Non-Contact LCD IR Infrared Digital Thermometer Laser Point
Non-Contact LCD IR Infrared Digital Thermometer Laser Point
Offered by Feeego

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Oct. 2015
really good and really accurate when taking temperatures in my tortoises cages

EnGive Premium PU Leather Skin Cover Case for Kindle Voyage , 2014 Model (Kindle Voyage (7th Generation), black)
Offered by engivewayde

2.0 out of 5 stars the magnet in the close makes my kindle skip pages ..., 9 Oct. 2015
the magnet in the close makes my kindle skip pages, I have had to stop using it as i was worried it might break it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3