Profile for Mrs. S. D. Moses > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. D. Moses

Mrs. S. D. Moses

Kindle Paperwhite (5th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted!, 19 Mar. 2013
I bought a kindle as a gift for my husband a while ago, before the new generation models were available. He was delighted with it and I was a little bit jealous, so I asked for Amazon vouchers for Christmas to put towards one for myself. I only wanted it as an e-reader, so decided against the kindle fire and bought this for the high resolution and backlight. It's fab! I thought it might be complicated to use, but it isn't, and if I forget how to do something I just refer to the guide that's on it. The print is so clear, plus it's light and easy to hold and I can carry on reading after lights out. I can pack more into my suitcase because it's replaced the several books I usually take on holiday and it's made waiting rooms bearable. Best of all, I can browse through the kindle store, instantly download new books and have a wealth of reading material available at all times. There is an enormouse range of ebooks available now, many of them free or at give away prices. I would hate to see the demise of 'real' books, but I have to say I'm completely hooked.

Safe House
Safe House

3.0 out of 5 stars A sound read, 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Safe House (Kindle Edition)
An engaging read with a good plot and sound enough characters. Unbelievable in places, but not so far fetched as to alienate the reader. Having the main character injured at the start and debilitated throughout was novel, kept the character grounded instead of becoming the cliched hero, but wasn't enough to make the reader really identify with him. I won't be looking for a sequel. Set in the Isle of Man and loosely involving motor bikes and racing, it's a bit surprising to finish the book and be none the wiser on any of that. Liked it, didn't love it. All in all, a great relief that this was a much better read than my first kindle book experience

The One You Love (Emma Holden Suspense Mystery Trilogy, Book 1)
The One You Love (Emma Holden Suspense Mystery Trilogy, Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Bland writing, 25 Jan. 2013
A competent plot which was delivered mostly via dialogue. Totally lacking in character development or narative description. There was no real suspense because there was no atmosphere and little to build empathy with any of the characters. Not an author I'll be reading again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Dishwasher Basket Wheels, 28 Sept. 2011
Excellent item, gives your dishwasher a new lease of like. After 8 years of daily use my dishwasher was in perfect working order apart from the plastic wheels which were crumbling. I replaced the bottom wheels and was so delighted with the results I bought the top basket wheels as well. They are very easy to fit (2 minute job!), and very cheap (particularly in comparison with a new dishwasher!). They arrived within a couple of days. I would give this product an unreserved, 5 star recommendation.

Tower 4374 4 L Pressure Cooker
Tower 4374 4 L Pressure Cooker

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooking under pressure, 1 Jun. 2009
I wish I'd bought one years ago! It's simple to use, saves time and money and helps me serve fantastic meals. A cheap joint of beef is cooked to tasty, tender, mouth-watering perfection in 15 minutes. It's far more versatile than I had expected; there's not much you can't cook in it! The pan is lighter than I expected, which is a blessing when it's full of casserole, and although it does hiss when it's at full steam, it's not at all the scary monster I thought it might be. I heartily recommend this product to anyone in charge of serving daily, home-cooked meals.