Profile for R. Y. Evans > Reviews

The Yorkshire Shepherdess
The Yorkshire Shepherdess
by Amanda Owen
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I have not finished reading this yet but I am ..., 21 Aug 2014
I have not finished reading this yet but I am loving every page so far.I am finding this book entertaining and instructive regarding sheep rearing and living in a hard environment and bringing up a family of young children.

River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Change your life, eat more veg and less meat., 21 Aug 2014
This book transformed my life. We didn't eat meat for a week after the book arrived as I just read it and wanted to cook everything. I am not a vegetarian but I do love all the recipes which are meat free. We had loads of courgettes in the garden and this book provided lots of recipes to use them in different ways. We had visitors for dinner and I cooked the Aubergine Parmigiana along with the Tahini-dressed courgette and green bean salad with flat breads from Tesco. Amazing.

Nesti Dante Lavanda - Rosa del Chianti Soap 150g
Nesti Dante Lavanda - Rosa del Chianti Soap 150g
Offered by Burton Blake Ltd
Price: 5.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous soap, 17 July 2014
Very speedy delivery and I love the perfume of this soap. The smell lasts throughout the whole bar, unlike some soaps that seem to lose their perfume before the bar is half used.

Sylvanian Families Polar Bear Family
Sylvanian Families Polar Bear Family
Offered by a1 Toys
Price: 12.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Sylvanian Families Polar Bear Family, 30 May 2013
I would recommend this product to other Grandparents who have just a few items for their Granddaughters to play with. I have a dolls house which I let them play with but I was always accused of not having enough people. I liked the look of this family and felt the price was good.

Professional Full Apron Chefs Polycotton Catering Cooks Pinny White
Professional Full Apron Chefs Polycotton Catering Cooks Pinny White
Offered by Aaron Chemicals Ltd
Price: 5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional Full Apron Chefs Polycotton Catering Cooks Pinny White, 30 May 2013
This has been an excellent, inexpensive, purchase. I was a bit worried because the price was low but it washes and wears beautifully and irons up like a dream.

Brabantia Lift-O-Matic Rotary Clothes Airer with 45 mm Metal Soil Spear - 50 Metres
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The most amazing washing line, 30 May 2013
Brabantia, excellent product, arrived before expected time, the washing line required the soil spike to be put in ground, each part of the line is separate, not a continuous piece of plastic coated wire, amazing. My only problem now is the weather, I am dying to hang my washing out. Very easy movement to raise and lower line. All in all, exactly what I wanted.

Narcissus St. Keverne Bulbs (6kg bag)
Narcissus St. Keverne Bulbs (6kg bag)

5.0 out of 5 stars St Keverne Daffodils, 20 Jan 2012
I have a piece of woodland at the end of my garden and decided it would be good to have daffodils in there to herald Spring. I particularly wanted Cornish daffodils as I love Cornwall. I checked the internet by putting Cornish Daffodils in my search, and when the 6kg bag came up I was so pleased. I promptly sent for them and they arrived within two days. Excellent. I thought all the bulbs looked so healthy and was very pleased. However, I decided there were not probably going to be enough to create the display I had in mind so checked the website and there was another bag still available and I sent for them. Again, delivery was very speedy, I now had the job of planting them.

I keep wandering along to see if there is any sign of life and so far quite a few are making their way. I look forward to a lovely display in the Spring. So far, so good.

Jack Vettriano: Reduced Format: A Life
Jack Vettriano: Reduced Format: A Life
by Jack Vettriano

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack Vettriano: A Life, 15 Dec 2011
My sister is a great fan of Jack Vettriano so I bought this book for her.
I was very impressed when it arrived and my sister was thrilled.
The reproduction of the paintings is of excellent quality throughout the book and contains lots of interesting facts about the artist.
If you know someone with the same fondness for Vettriano pictures this book is a superb present and there are other titles in the same series for future gifts.