Profile for Westerly21 > Reviews

Crossing the Thames Estuary
by Roger Gaspar
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to my growing library!, 18 May 2016
This book was a no brainer for me to buy. It has turned what was a mentally challenging exercise into an enjoyable undertaking and has given me so much more confidence.

It is full of useful information and when you get the hang of the table layout it is so easy to give yourself choices.

Well done Roger Gaspar and thank you for the hard work!

AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR Cameras and Accessories - Black
AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR Cameras and Accessories - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bag That Just Gives...., 28 Jan. 2016
This is the bag that just keeps giving! Since I have been using it, my gear has increased both in size and quantity. I am now fitting an EOS70d with various lenses, two flashes, filters, batteries, remotes and much much more.

The only thing that looks like giving up in the near future is my back!

Buy and try....you'll see what I mean!

The Practical Herbal Medicine Handbook: Your Quick Reference Guide to Healing Herbs & Remedies

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 Aug. 2015
An interesting reference book to have for alternative options to some of life's common ailments

Veho VCC-025-LPM MUVI Extra Large Pole/Bar Mount for Roll Cages/Masts/Handlebars
Offered by Veho Lifestyle Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars A good sturdy fitting for the railing on my sailing boat, 21 Aug. 2015
A good sturdy fitting for the railing on my sailing boat. I would recommend using a safety line as back up, though. Be prepared for the unexpected!

Veho VCC-006-K2NPNG Muvi K-Series K-2 NPNG 1080p Wi-Fi Handsfree Action Camera / Camcorder with 16MP Camera, Waterproof Case, Detachable Screen, 8GB Memory and Carry Case
Offered by OneStopShop78

5.0 out of 5 stars I took a gamble on this camera and I must confess I was/am amazed. The picture quality in both video and still ..., 21 Aug. 2015
Mention 'action cams' and most people will bang on about GoPro. I took a gamble on this camera and I must confess I was/am amazed.
The picture quality in both video and still mode is fantastic and it is easy to set up and operate. The remote (to my iphone) works well and the waterproof case is quick and easy to fit when needed.
As a bonus, it also fits most Go Pro attachments making it just as flexible to use.
On the downside, I had to return my first camera as it wouldn't screw properly to the mount (the female screw thread was recessed too far into the camera body) but Amazon were, as always, fantastic. However, I can't say the same about the Veho customer support who failed to even acknowledge my email requesting advice.
Time will tell how well it survives the conditions while sailing coastal Europe but.....it'll be a pleasure finding out!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2016 10:56 AM GMT

Trekka Round the World
Trekka Round the World

5.0 out of 5 stars A great, well written and interesting book, 21 Aug. 2015
A great, well written and interesting book. However, the world is now a changed place and I wonder if it would still be possible?
John Guzzwell is a courageous sailor/adventurer and tells his story very well.
One day......!!

Aputure Pro-Grade E-TTL / E-TTL II Off-Camera Hot-Shoe Flash Sync Cable for Canon EOS 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 7D, 5D, II, III, 1D, 1Ds, Mark II, III, IV, 1DC, 1DX, Rebel T3i, T4i, T5i, Powershot G10, G11, G12, G1X

5.0 out of 5 stars ... what I need it to do and at a good price. Seems to be very well made too, 21 Aug. 2015
This lead does exactly what I need it to do and at a good price. Seems to be very well made too!

Pebeo Studio Acrylics Auxiliaries - High Density Modelling Paste 250ml jar,White

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Aug. 2015
Does exactly what I needed it to you for my pottery making.

Arkon TAB127 Boat Helm Tablet Mount with Universal Tablet Cradle for Apple iPad, Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 3, Acer Iconia A500, AOC Breeze, Archos: 101, 70, Asus EEE Pad Transformer, BlackBerry PlayBook, eLocity A7, HP: Slate, TouchPad, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Tab 10.1, SuperPad, Toshiba Thrive, Velocity Cruz T301 and ViewSonic: gTablet, ViewPad 10, ViewPad 7
Offered by Buybits Addons

5.0 out of 5 stars A good item that is easy to setup and seems to ..., 21 Aug. 2015
A good item that is easy to setup and seems to hold my ipad securely. I'm not sure how well it will handle a Force 8, though!
Here's hoping I never have to find out!

Selections GFA805 Solar Powered Battery Operated Ultrasonic Cat Repeller (Batteries Included)
Offered by Garden Selections

5.0 out of 5 stars The secret is to narrow the coverage area to the part of the garden the cat will enter (they are creatures of habit) I also used, 21 Aug. 2015
I must admit to being sceptical before I bought this item. I had been suffering for several weeks from a neighbour's cat using my lawn as a convenience. It was stomach churning regularly clearing the mess.
However, when this item arrived, I gave it an initial charge using the USB to the computer and then set it up on my lawn. The secret is to narrow the coverage area to the part of the garden the cat will enter (they are creatures of habit) I also used the general setting as recommended by the attached instructions.
Hey Presto! no more cat mess! I have not needed to top up the charge either, as the daylight takes care of it.
Just set it and forget it!
A good buy for me and goodbye to the cat(s)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5