Profile for Andrew Eaton > Reviews

Content by Andrew Eaton

Andrew Eaton (Cheshire, UK)

Ebest - Wireless FM Transmitter Car Audio for Apple All iPhone iPhone 5 iPod, MP3 Cell Phones Black---Support Hands free
Offered by Jack Leo
Price: 4.69

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, 13 May 2013
Slightly "cheap" feel to it and the jack plug wobbles a bit. The main point is that it does what it is supposed to do at a very low price, so I'm probably being over critical

TARDIS Eruditorum - An Unauthorized Critical History of Doctor Who Volume 2: Patrick Troughton
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good analysis of the Troughton era, 13 May 2013
A good collection of discussions about the Troughton era. I don't agree with everything that the writer says, but in a well written collection such as this I wouldn't expect to.

Doctor Who: The Spear of Destiny: Third Doctor (Doctor Who Digital)
Doctor Who: The Spear of Destiny: Third Doctor (Doctor Who Digital)
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice short Story, 13 May 2013
I found this to be an enjoyable read, in keeping with the televised version of the programme that it was set in

Camera Connection Kit 5 in 1 USB/SD/TF/MicroSd Card Reader for Apple IPad
Camera Connection Kit 5 in 1 USB/SD/TF/MicroSd Card Reader for Apple IPad
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)
Price: 14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 13 May 2013
Okay, so it works with memory cards, but I can tget it to work with USB sticks, which is mainly what I wanted it for

Enter the Saint (Saint 03)
Enter the Saint (Saint 03)
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 13 May 2013
It is 'The Saint' - what is there not to like? Lets have more of these please in the run up to the new series.

Plantronics M55 Bluetooth Headset
Plantronics M55 Bluetooth Headset
Price: 22.86

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the 155, 13 May 2013
When I lost my M155 I bout this as a replacement due to the longer battery life. It is larger and the button is too easy to press. Listening to music in bed, I found that if i rolled over, the button pressed and it rang my wife's mobile!

Kitchen Craft Deluxe Fondue Set
Kitchen Craft Deluxe Fondue Set
Price: 24.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Fondue Fun, 3 Nov 2011
Having largely passed me by in the 70's, after a fabulous fondue meal in Geneva ("Les Armures"), I was anxious to try it at home.

Having tracked down a supplier of Vascherin cheese, I bought this.

The basic equipment is fine, although the instructions are confusing. On the box it says suitable for use with either fondue gel and methylated spirit, whereas inside it states that Meths is not to be used.

However, once I had found a supplier and purchased fondue gels, The family enjoyed a splendid evenings fondue.

Back In Time: A Thinking Fan's Guide to Doctor Who (Thinking Fan's Guide Series): A Thinking Fan's Guide to Dr Who
by Steve Couch
Price: 1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleadingly Christian, 3 Nov 2011
Whilst the DW parts of the book are moderately interesting, the frequent references to the Christian faith, and attempts to map this onto Doctor Who suggest a less than subtle agenda that I feel is wholly inappropriate in what purports to be a book for people who think.

This is akin to 'Creationists' trying to establish a bogus credibility by claiming to be a scientific theory, while based on a zero-evidence platform.

I deeply regret buying this book

Doctor Who: Robot [1974] [DVD] [1963]
Doctor Who: Robot [1974] [DVD] [1963]
Dvd ~ Tom Baker
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars When Extras are worthwhile, 10 Jun 2007
Tom's first story - what can you say. I can still remember watching it over that Christmas when I was 13. It made a huge impact on me, despite being someting of a curate's egg.

What makes this DVD release so special is the sheer amount of quality materials in the extras. Absolutely breathtaking. Te first time I think I've ever heard Tom being interviewed, rather than rambling on on his own.

A must have if you want to call yourself an anorak