Profile for valfrench@mostly.com > Reviews

Content by valfrench@most...

valfrench@mostly.com (Dorset UK)

Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: A Practical Guide for Improving Communication and Getting What You Want in Your Relationships
by John Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, humorous, understanding and understandable!, 5 Mar 2000
I was amazed to read the various comments putting this book down. I don't think it is overly simplistic at all but provides a sound philosophy based on those annoying differences between Martians and Venusians that we all recognise, but rarely dare to speak of for fear of being non P.C. Perhaps if I'd read this years ago I wouldn't be on my fourth husband! As it is, I am now very happy - and even more so now I understand the cave mentality syndrome and my own 'wellian' depths. Thank you John Gray and Bonnie for a well thought out, well written,and very enjoyable book. It was so good that despite my husband rarely reading any type of 'relationships' book, he too has read it, enjoyed it and learned about both Martians and Venusians. Well worth the cost - and I've mailed it to my daughter and two friends too!