Profile for Schnuggles > Reviews

Content by Schnuggles
Top Reviewer Ranking: 670

Schnuggles (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Billy + Margot Nutritious Complete Wet Dog Food - Turkey -  395g tin x 12
Billy + Margot Nutritious Complete Wet Dog Food - Turkey - 395g tin x 12

4.0 out of 5 stars My dog loved it and demolished a bowl of it, 3 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a high quality dog food so is a premium price but the ingredients are clear and contain 60% turkey. My dog loved it and demolished a bowl of it. To prolong the use of it, mixing it with normal dry food is a good idea but I can't see many being able to afford to use this as a main source of food.

I'll be reserving it as a treat.

Liteway 5 W SBC B15 Candle LED Bulb, 40 W Traditional Replacement, 400 Lumens - Warm White

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice, cheap LED bulb with a warm white colour ..., 1 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a B15 (small bayonet) thread. A nice, cheap LED bulb with a warm white colour so perfect replacement for the old-style energy saving bulbs and with LED they come on straightaway.

Slime Science Lab - Make Glowing Slime with NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC
Slime Science Lab - Make Glowing Slime with NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC

5.0 out of 5 stars I like buying my kids educational/science type toys for Christmas but ..., 30 Nov. 2015
Received this item free for an honest review.

I like buying my kids educational/science type toys for Christmas but getting decent ones is quite difficult. I received this Slime Science Lab and was eager to give it a go. You get a spatula, container and a bag of slime. There is also an instruction leaflet and a booklet explaining the science behind it.

To make, get a dry bowl, add the slime powder, chuck a cup of water in the bowl and mix until a slime is formed. You can then pick it up and see how it glows in the dark (put in front of a light source for a bit). Having the storage container is really useful so you can keep it.

Obviously don't allow your kids to make or play with it on your own otherwise you'll have it stuck to your walls etc.

Really enjoyed it, highly recommended.

Galt Toys Fairy Baking Set
Galt Toys Fairy Baking Set
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

2.0 out of 5 stars We decided to have a baking day to try it and I must say I was disappointed. The box contains 4 small cards with recipes ..., 29 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Galt Toys Fairy Baking Set (Toy)
My Mum bought this for my daughter for her birthday. We decided to have a baking day to try it and I must say I was disappointed. The box contains 4 small cards with recipes and pictures of ideas on how to decorate the cakes, some cutters and a piping syringe. I do a bit of baking and turns out the only thing I didn't have was the cutters which makes it quite expensive.

We tried one recipe and it was wrong. Firstly, the mixture was far too dry and I had to add several spoonfuls of water to get it to the right consistency. In addition, the instructions for the icing was wrong, had too much icing sugar:butter ratio. Luckily I knew how to make it.

If this had small vials of food colouring or edible chocolate sprinkles etc then it maybe worth it but I'd say save your money, find a recipe off the internet or in a book and buy the cutters separately.

Disappointed to say the least.

Philips GC4928/30 PerfectCare Azur Steam Iron with Optimal Temperature technology, 3000 W

5.0 out of 5 stars No need to curse as you've just turned up the dial from "1" and forgot you had another garment to iron so have to wait for it to, 29 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
An expensive iron but well worth it. This iron uses a new technology from Philips where the soleplate is a lower temperature so can negate the need for a dial. No need to curse as you've just turned up the dial from "1" and forgot you had another garment to iron so have to wait for it to cool.

I've tested this for most of the evening, flicking from one garment to another and it's fantastic which is strange considering I hate ironing. The iron is comfortable to use, glides really easily and is light. The cord is also slightly longer than most other Philips ranges and I have found it makes a big difference despite it only being 50cm more.

Pros: Light, does get rid of creases easily, no dial, anti-calc abilities, high wattage, longer cable and has a cable tie clip.
Cons: Very minor but the manual doesn't explain as the Amazon product page does on how/why the technology works so was really doubtful until I read the text. Would also be handy having a warning that the water level was low. These are very minor so still giving it five stars.

Also worth noting there are some differences between the info provided with the iron and this product page. The box states 3000W and not 2800W, the steam boost is 210g and not 200g.

Philips Star Wars Stormtroopers Children's Ceiling Suspension Light, Requires 23 W E27 Bulb - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good timing for Christmas and the new Star Wars movie, 29 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good timing for Christmas and the new Star Wars movie. A great lamp/lightshade. As another review mentioned, the instructions suggest you fit the shade onto the arm attachments once you've put the arms onto the light socket but this is practically impossible. Fit the shade to the arms first.

The max strength bulb it recommends is 23W but I'm never clear on how this translates to LED (which all my bulbs are). Anyway, a good shade that produces a nice amount of light and shows a cracking picture of a Stormtrooper :)

ZOOB Z-STRUX Scorpion Driller Construction Set
ZOOB Z-STRUX Scorpion Driller Construction Set

4.0 out of 5 stars in a good way. The age mark is 6+ which I ..., 25 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Always sceptical of any construction toy as nothing competes with the might of Lego but it does remarkably well.

First of all, the box is large and the pieces larger than I expected, in a good way. The age mark is 6+ which I think is quite right as the putting together is a little irritating, in fact the instructions, although okay, are not fantastic in their clarity. However, my son and myself are used to the way Lego do it and it might come down to personal differences.

The idea is clever, using a limited number of ball/socket pieces to create the models, whether they standup to the test of time is a different matter as, even the instructions, state place the bits together as the jaws can become worn out.

Anyway, it does provide something different.

Billy + Margot Luxury Christmas Cracker - 1 x Venison Marrow Bone weight between  75-150g
Billy + Margot Luxury Christmas Cracker - 1 x Venison Marrow Bone weight between 75-150g

2.0 out of 5 stars The idea is great and the look of it unopened is impressive so ..., 25 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The idea is great and the look of it unopened is impressive so will clearly sell. Sadly I was disappointed in the contents. Despite the cracker being about 45cm long, the actual marrowbone is about 15cm. You also get a naff joke and a hat.

So over £8 for this is a bit unrealistic. If you are wanting the contents, you can buy them yourself far cheaper, if you like the outer cracker (no bang obviously) then it's probably for you.

Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4 - 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB - DIMM 288-pin - 2400 MHz / PC4-19200 - CL12 - 1.35 V - unbuffered - non-ECC - black

4.0 out of 5 stars These HyperX sticks look nice and have an air of quality the cheap ones ..., 23 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you are lucky enough to have a relatively new motherboard then chances are it's a DDR4 (obviously check before buying). These HyperX sticks look nice and have an air of quality the cheap ones don't have.

Just slot them in and away you go.

I didn't have any BIOS or OS issues with these. I can't confess to noticing any particular differences in operating speed but they are reliable.

Price-wise, there are cheaper brands but I tend to stick to Kingston or OCZ and pay a little more for the quality.

Billy + Margot Nutritious Complete Wet Dog Food  - Chicken -  395g tin x 12
Billy + Margot Nutritious Complete Wet Dog Food - Chicken - 395g tin x 12

4.0 out of 5 stars This is expensive dog food so I can't see many ..., 19 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is expensive dog food so I can't see many buying it for the mainstay of your dogs diet. However it is made of, seemingly, quality products. Vine only offered one tin so I can't review any long term impacts but, my dog ate a whole can without stopping.

Composition seems, on the surface, to be high quality with the main ingredient being chicken at 60%.

Daily feeding guide: