ARRAY(0xa68daf90)

Profile for Count St Germain > Reviews

Content by Count St Germain

Count St Germain (Thereabouts)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Toshiba HDWC120EW3J1 Stor.E Canvio 2TB USB 3.0  Desktop Hard Drive - Black/White
Toshiba HDWC120EW3J1 Stor.E Canvio 2TB USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drive - Black/White
Offered by Ballicom International
Price: 67.56

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 colours? I don't get it?, 17 Mar 2014
It's 2 colours - which is right? I wanna know where though my files are stored for real, are they in black or white part?
I ask my dad, he says white because that part is bigger, but that doesn't mean anything dad, hahaha! Maybe they are in the black part and the white part is lots of empty space, like how air is. Air is white, there is nothing in that!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2014 1:20 AM BST

Bad Vibes: Britpop and my part in its downfall
Bad Vibes: Britpop and my part in its downfall
by Luke Haines
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars The singer says funny thoughts in the book and Suede are here too., 17 Mar 2014
Mostly he talk of the 90s when he was playing that kind of music in that time. Not before as much. I think at the end of the book he stop writing it. I like the way it carries on, you know? In like a flow of time. Good stuff. Suede are here too.

Behringer TU300 Chromatic Guitar/Bass Tuner
Behringer TU300 Chromatic Guitar/Bass Tuner
Offered by Rapid Electronics
Price: 24.45

1.0 out of 5 stars Zero use for metal or harder rock. Or, like mid-period Schlager music., 17 Mar 2014
A funny, funny little pedal this. All the way from the country of Behringer, of where I have little knowledge. Is possibly later Europe, circa 1974?

I honestly believe that a totally real-world equipment oriented guitarist (not female) could learn heaps about amps and effects, not to mention miking and cabinets from this pedal, or any other pedal for that matter.

I was using a pretty radically set EQ in the stomp section of my floor to try to clean the sludge. The miking section was particularly eye-opening to me, as I have avoided that panel like the plague - LOL! I was recently playing one of my favorite presets (Heavy Northern), which uses the Eddie Van Halen (from the movie Back To The Future). Behringer? So far, so good.

But holy Cabbage! After placing this pedal outside I see that the tone immediately cleaned up!
Clean tone? Not for this sir, no way man.

That tweak gave me back a little of the balls I lost when I cleaned out the sludge from those balls. Not good Behringer, not good.

Guinness World Records 2014
Guinness World Records 2014
by Guinness World Records

1.0 out of 5 stars A book full of lies, innaccuracies and some bits about Robert Wadlow. Probably., 21 Dec 2013
I've had issues with Guinness that go back to the 70's, but now we're coming into 2014 (a quarter past eight!), I thought it was time to put my drunk-hell life behind me, and give Guinness another chance.

Imagine my HORROR when I realized that there sitting in my porch (I've a very wide letterbox as I've had problems with the postman who used to like to chit-chat with me every morning, so I took to widening the postbox on the front door to accommodate larger items... which of course backfired on me dramatically last Xmas when a rather skinny burglar figured he could slip in and out of my home willy nilly, via the widened glamour portal that is my front door.. I feel that should explain why it's called a glamour portal, but for the life of me I can't remember) was the Guinness World Records 2014 Edition! I don't actually know why you should be forced to imagine my horror, but if you've come this far into the ramble that is my tragic mind, then let's just go nuts and we'll ALL imagine my horror together. David Lynch doesn't even come close (not that I'd particularly want him round my house, he's all into that New Agey stuff now, and that combined with my Guinness Book collection would only.. I forget what we were talking about?

Forget it, I'll finish this review later.

Russell Howard: Right Here Right Now [DVD]
Russell Howard: Right Here Right Now [DVD]
Dvd ~ Russell Howard
Price: 8.75

1.0 out of 5 stars As poor as his tv show., 19 Dec 2013
I was expecting much more after the hype Russell created on his promotion tour in UK and US. In his interviews he was going into areas of social and spiritual revolution which was insanely interesting. Especially in the one with Jeremy Paxman. Watch it you'll know what I mean.

On his DVD he touches above subjects only briefly spending half of stage time repeatedly aping about sex cliches like an teenager who just discovered it.

Drop cheap sex jokes and focus on intellectual bits and this could have been amazing.

Simon Amstell - Live at the BBC [DVD]
Simon Amstell - Live at the BBC [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Amstell
Offered by themediamerchants
Price: 7.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely - a true delight, 19 Dec 2013
Me and my wife went to see Simon at the Liverpool Philharmonic on the 28th September 2005.
I can honestly say my jaw was aching for the rest of the evening from the laughing. I never thought I would say that about Tommy Cooper, but this man is a genius. This man is in the same bracket as Tommy Cooper, Tim Vine, Milton Jones, but I have to say that he now heads the top of this list. I never thought I would say that about Tommy Cooper, but this man is a genius.

Get both of his dvds and you will never, ever stop laughing. Literally, you will not be able to eat due to the laughter blocking the food pipe into your belly. You'll then shed pounds on a daily basis, like that Stephen King book about that bloke who cursed the Gyspy. Oh dear... I never thought I would say that about Tommy Cooper, but this man is a genius.

Andy Parsons - Slacktivist [DVD]
Andy Parsons - Slacktivist [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andy Parsons
Price: 13.61

2.0 out of 5 stars A dark tortured man :(, 15 Dec 2013
I'm a big fan of The Alan Parsons Project and would never even consider a compilation recording because the albums really should be listened to in their entirety and not as a collection of "hits". This set, however, is a MUST for all Alan Parsons fans because of the 20-bit digital remastering done by Alan Parsons himself. The results are amazing and immediately noticable on even moderate audio equipment (let alone an audiophile system). You haven't heard the early music until you have heard these versions. The crispness of the bass and transparency of the vocals and synths is astounding! I only wish they would come out with digitally remastered versions of the complete albums!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2014 6:40 PM GMT

Henning Wehn: No Surrender [DVD]
Henning Wehn: No Surrender [DVD]
Offered by zoverstocks
Price: 11.62

5.0 out of 5 stars He so funny me laughy!, 15 Dec 2013
Henning Wehn's stand-up ranks alongside the sort with which higher profile comedians regularly hold stadia across the UK to ransome. By his own admission insecure and introspective, it might be this lack of cut-throat ambition that instead sees him playing to modest but very respectable audiences in far nicer places like the Bristol Hippodrome, where this DVD was filmed.

He seems perfectly happy with his status, though, and this comes across in this lovely stroll through some of his best material from his his radio and stand-up work over the last few years. To that end fans and followers will have heard a lot of it, but he does add a few other ad-libs and bits of audience interaction which are a delight.

Extras include another, shorter show, from a few years ago, a one-to-one with Morten Harket (also a v funny man) and a tour diary.

Ed Byrne - Crowd Pleaser [DVD]
Ed Byrne - Crowd Pleaser [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ed Byrne
Price: 8.41

3.0 out of 5 stars Good show, but not one of his best, 15 Dec 2013
I'm not sure if this DVD surpasses Ed's previous stand up DVDs, but it's still a worthwhile watch.

He is so dead-pan with delivery and down to earth and ordinary, what a very long set and superb value for money.
And don't get me wrong, this is someone who looks like he was born to be on stage telling jokes, but I just felt it was flat in places.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2014 11:09 PM GMT

Josh Widdicombe Live: And Another Thing (2013) [DVD]
Josh Widdicombe Live: And Another Thing (2013) [DVD]
Price: 5.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful., 15 Dec 2013
I couldn't make out 90% of what he was saying, as every word that he utters is filtered through his hamster cheek marble hell face.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2013 6:04 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13