Profile for A. Knight > Reviews

Content by A. Knight

A. Knight (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Philips HD4656/22 Gloss Metal Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 Watt, 1.7 Litre (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 years on and still brilliant!, 5 Feb 2013
Purchased this almost 4 years ago for my first home. Did a lot of research and bought this one - and I'm so glad I did! It still works perfectly (in comparison my Mum has gone through 5 other branded kettles in this time!). The only negative is that the plastic lid hinges broke so the lid now comes completely off from the kettle. But this is actually better as I can now clean away the limescale from the inside much easier than I could before. The lid still fits as before when closed and has no effect on the way the kettle works. I really like the design and the fact that the kettle turns 360 on the base (unlike some that are fixed). I'm hoping to have many more years from this kettle! 100% recommend!

Breville VTT001 Polished Stainless Steel 2 Slice Toaster (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 years on and its still brilliant, 5 Feb 2013
I purchase this toaster over 3 years ago but never got around to reviewing it until now. I really like this toaster - and its lasted the test of time (well, 3 years at least!). Its very basic and easy to use. It looks good and doesnt take up a lot of space as some do. There are plastic brackets underneath the toaster so that you can feed the cable through the left or right side, depending on where your toaster is positioned in relevance to the wall plug. Most electrical items I own go wrong so I'm extremely pleased with this toaster!

Lowepro Pixel Pack V1 Memory Card Holder (Hold's Upto 8 SD//MMC,XD or Mini SD Cards)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for holidays, 5 Feb 2013
I love this card holder! I use it on holiday when I'm out and about and dont want to carry several SD cards in seperate cases. This way I have quick and easy access to up to 8 SD cards. The case is stylish, I really like the design. The rubber inside of the case is nice too and gives extra protection in case its dropped. Can honestly 100% recommend this item.

Snopake 12566 Polyfile A4 Ring Binder Popper Wallet File  Classic Clear (Pack 5)
Snopake 12566 Polyfile A4 Ring Binder Popper Wallet File Classic Clear (Pack 5)
Price: 6.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooooo organised!, 5 Feb 2013
Bought these for my wedding file. I was easily able to keep relevant papers / cards / magazine cuttings etc all together in these wallets. Used a different wallet for each different aspect of my wedding, e.g. one for catering, one for florist, one for cake etc. The wallets are sturdy and I was able to cram quite a lot of papers into each one! If you love to be organised like me then you will LOVE these!!

OXO Good Grips Soft Handled Can Opener
OXO Good Grips Soft Handled Can Opener
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great OXO product, 5 Feb 2013
I bought these as a gift for a friend who had just moved house. The only thing she didnt have was a can opener so I said I'd get her one. But then she dropped the bombshell her boyfriend couldnt wait and had also bought a can opener! So I ended up keeping these - and I'm so glad I did! Much easier to use than other can openers I've had in the past. The turning knob is large and so easy to grip / turn. Cuts the tin open first time - no more having to go around twice! I 100% recommend these. I imagine they would be good for those with arthritis in their hands as its so easy to turn.

Zyliss Corn on the Cob Holders
Zyliss Corn on the Cob Holders
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget gift, 5 Feb 2013
Purchased for a friend who had just moved into a new home with her boyfriend. They already had all the usual house/kitchen stuff so didnt need anything. But this is one of those great purchases - its not something you need but it is something you want! The handles are lovely bright bold colours and felt sturdy. The 2 handles/pieces fit together nicely so you dont poke yourself when getting them out of your drawers (the prongs fit into small pins holes in the handle of the other handle, if that makes sense?!). The packaging is quite light - perfect for posting in a jiffy bag therefore making a great little gift idea!

OXO Good Grips Magnetic Mini Clips, 8 Pack, Assorted Colours
OXO Good Grips Magnetic Mini Clips, 8 Pack, Assorted Colours
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little token gift, 5 Feb 2013
I was looking for something to buy my friend and her boyfriend when they moved into their new home. They already had most house stuff so I wanted to get just something small to go with the card. Although only a small gift, I felt the brand, appearance and quality of the product gave it more of a 'wow' factor than regular cheapy fridge magnets. I have to say these little magents are great - perfect for putting phots / notes on the fridge. They can also be used as standalone upright clips standing on a worksurface / sideboard etc. They fitted nicely in a jiffy bag and was ideal as a gift to post. I think I may even buy some for myself now.......!

Casio LK-120AD Key Lighting Keyboard with AC Adapter
Casio LK-120AD Key Lighting Keyboard with AC Adapter
Offered by Chamberlain Music
Price: 94.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase for those wanting to learn, 5 Feb 2013
My husband bought this for his daughter for Christmas. She is 13 and very into music. She used to have a pink keyboard which was fine for when she was very young but now she wants to learn to play properly rather than playing random notes! We thought this would be good for her since she can either compose her own music or turn on the lights function which tells her which key to press in the correct order and correct speed so that she learns to play an actual tune. Included with the purchase was 10 free online lessons, although I cannot rate this as she has not yet tried it. This keybaord is black with 61 full-size keys.100 sounds, 50 rhythms.100 stored songs. There is volume control and a grand piano feature, auto accompaniment, teaching function, LCD display, and speaker/headphone jack. Accessories included: music holder and song book. Includes mains adaptor. Can be battery powered - requires 6 x AA (not included).

Zoom Karaoke DVD - The Ultimate Karaoke Party 2012 - 60 Songs
Zoom Karaoke DVD - The Ultimate Karaoke Party 2012 - 60 Songs
Price: 9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun as always!, 5 Feb 2013
I bought this for my 13 year old step daughter for Christmas. I buy her the new 'Zoom Karaoke' DVD every year as its always a winner! She loves singing and the Zoom DVD's always feature all her favourite hits from the year, in this case 2012. The backing music is quite good (not as naff as others Ive heard) and the words are clear to read. The only negative is that the menu is just numbers (not song titles) so you have to select the song you want from the DVD case, see what number it is and then select that number on the menu. All this means is that you cant have everyone looking at the songs list at the same time as realisticly only one person can hold the DVD case at a time. It also means you must not lose the case!!

HTC Micro USB Car Charger for Desire HD/HD7/Trophy 7/Desire Z/Desire
HTC Micro USB Car Charger for Desire HD/HD7/Trophy 7/Desire Z/Desire
Offered by Electric Blush
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little gadget!, 17 April 2012
Purchased this HTC Car Charger to keep my Wildfire S topped up as my phone battery is often running on low. The brilliant feature of this car charger is that you can take the end of the charger (the bit that goes into the car socket) and it reveals a USB so I can continue to charge my phone in my work laptop! Versatile, cheap and very happy with my purchase!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2013 12:30 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3