Profile for Marita Sanders > Reviews

PURElite 3 in 1 Magnifying Lamp
PURElite 3 in 1 Magnifying Lamp
Offered by sewing-online

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 24 May 2013
This was a birthday gift for elderly relative in frail health, who the family is delighted to see coming back to using his talent for beautiful architectural drawings. This piece of kit has been just the job to offset his frustration about not being able to SEE as well as he used to.

Farmyard Hullabaloo! (Orchard Picturebooks)
Farmyard Hullabaloo! (Orchard Picturebooks)
by Giles Andreae

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 24 May 2013
Former early years teacher and very hands on grandmother's take on this: Perfect format and content for very young children to interact with - opportunities for language growth, positive social and emotional and relationship building sklls here. Excellent, fun resource.

Screenwriting For Dummies
Screenwriting For Dummies
by John Logan

4.0 out of 5 stars Good resource, 24 May 2013
I'm working on a tv scriptwriting course. Struggling a bit. Dipping sideways into this text is helping to keep me motivated.

Make Money From Freelance Writing: Teach Yourself (Teach Yourself: Writing)
Make Money From Freelance Writing: Teach Yourself (Teach Yourself: Writing)
by Claire Gillman

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says in the title, 24 May 2013
Clear picture of what aspiring writers need to know. I like the way the content is offered in digestible, bite size pieces.

The Fast Diet: The Secret of Intermittent Fasting - Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, Live Longer
by Dr Michael Mosley

5.0 out of 5 stars NHS take note, 24 May 2013
This is a clear, straightforward read. Full of common sense, backed up with medical and scientific evidence. The content has given me a healthy living strategy for the rest of my life. Let's give it the attention it merits in the public domain.

Trekrite Antishock T - Handle Telescopic Walking Stick / Hiking Pole - Black - One
Offered by General Stores Online

2.0 out of 5 stars poor communication, dogy quality product, 29 Mar. 2013
I have already reviewed this product. Someone called me and left a long message in response to an aspect of that feedback - relating to delivery, which I now understand is not Amazon's or the seller's responsibility but the Royal Mail's. I did not feel up to responding to that call - too time consuming. I just wanted to write off the experience.

So - I ordered one of these walking sticks on behalf of an older relative who does not use the internet. My order was processed twice - so the payment was taken twice. One of the walking sticks broke the first time it was used, so the owner has discarded that and uses the other one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2013 3:27 PM BST

Accused - Series 1 [DVD]
Accused - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Christopher Eccleston

5.0 out of 5 stars Real people in extreme situations, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Accused - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Fascinating stories - with a range of features everyone can relate to in some way. I was riveted by Juliet Stevenson's portrayal of the main character in Helen's Story.

Pilates Weight Loss Workout For Dummies [DVD]
Pilates Weight Loss Workout For Dummies [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars spot on!, 14 Jan. 2013
Now in my 60s I keep on with cardio workouts at the gym but don't manage to factor enough structured stretching and strengthening exercise into my routines. So my aim is to get my stiffening joints and muscles more flexible. And although I don't need the weight loss factor this fast, focussed Pilates workout is just what I do need right now.

The Seekers: At Home And Down Under [DVD]
The Seekers: At Home And Down Under [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Seekers

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the recipient requested, 14 Jan. 2013
Malcolm was very engaged in the folk scene in London in the '60s - he was surprised and delighted to get this reminder of the Seekers early work.

Metal Wheelbarrow
Metal Wheelbarrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Indoor to outdoor play value, 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Metal Wheelbarrow (Toy)
My 2 year old grandson has been delightedly playing with and talking about his "green whee - ool - BARrow" around the house since Christmas. Uses it as transport for toys and books. I can't wait to see his response when as Spring arrives we get into gardening and and he sees that Nana has an identical but much bigger one in the shed.

Page: 1 | 2