Profile for Wild child > Reviews

Content by Wild child

Wild child "Rog72" (Birmingham, England)

Eclipse: Special Edition
Eclipse: Special Edition
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Solar/lunar eclipse..., 22 July 2015
This is LNA's 5th album in 10 years (Empty Streets was released in Sep 2005) and is without doubt their best yet - in my honest opinion. I am a huge LNA fan and I love all the music they have produced/released - including the B-sides CD released in 2012 (this covered their music from 2003 to 2012 which I purchased from their website a couple of years ago). To digress briefly - their individually signed poster is on display in my studio at home - they really are a very special group indeed. I have always held their values in very high regard - their unique sounds/beats, their love, togetherness/harmony, peace and an almost difficult to define/express quality - LNA and their music cannot be categorised - they are almost a free floating spirit. On this basis, Becky is most definitely their angel!! Anyway, back to Eclipse. As the title of my review states - solar/lunar - this album can be played anytime, anywhere, any place - during the day or during the night - it seemingly covers all bases and will appeal to anyone who appreciates and loves good music. It contains various different genres/styles and the 13 tracks on it are a good selection that fit together very well - even the order in which they are presented seems to enhance the album. My CD copy was delivered on 12 July and has practically been on continuous repeat in my studio since then - it really is that good. One of the hallmarks of a truly great music album is - in my opinion - the fact that it can be played a) from start to end and b) repeatedly - without even thinking about depressing the "forward" button. A good music replay system will also be beneficial as it will help demonstrate the high quality production of the album - they've simply done a great job on everything - even down to the album artwork/liner notes and jewel case design/appearance (on the CD version). Bottom line music lovers - go buy it - you won't regret it. Finally - this album is a grower/sleeper - it just keeps getting better and better the more you listen to it - so go immerse yourself in a solar/lunar eclipse...

Red
Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Swift, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Red (Audio CD)
My dad bought me the CD version of this album. It is fantastically good. Go buy it today before they all run out! Review by Nicole.

Starry Eyed
Starry Eyed

5.0 out of 5 stars Next thing, we're touching!!!!, 24 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Starry Eyed (Audio CD)
I love Starry Eyed. From the moment I first heard it on MTV a few weeks ago, it has been in my head. It's such nice, catchy, fresh music, you cannot help but love it. In addition to co-writing Starry Eyed, Ellie's got a great voice. She sounds very individual and there is definitely a hint of Bjork about her sound, which is a complement. This CD single contains the original, which is great, a funky Italian club cut style remix (including some cool keyboard/piano) and to finish, a lovely, slower, stripped back, live version. It's all good and highly recommended. Buy it, play it and kick back for some great 2010 pop music!!

Best Of Belinda (Volume 1)
Best Of Belinda (Volume 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars We want the same thing!, 25 Feb. 2010
Belinda is a legend. Gorgeous music - lyrics, instruments, arrangement, production, editing. You get the idea! I followed her music from the 80's and this album perfectly summarises her talents which are wide and varied. Belinda has a great voice and sings from her heart. It is addictive and beautiful. Stand out tracks? Mmm, that's a good one. All of them, to be honest. Personally, I really like Circle in the sand, Leave a light on, Little black book, Summer rain, La luna, I plead insanity and World without you. However, take your pick. You decide. Buy it and put it in the top 5 albums you listen on a regular basis. It is always in my car or in my bedroom. Life is not forever, but, enjoy it for every day that exists. Napta buna!

Cuts Both Ways.
Cuts Both Ways.
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Estefan and the miami sound machine!!, 28 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Cuts Both Ways. (Audio CD)
What a brilliant album! This is an absolute classic slice of late 80's music! Every track is a masterpiece. Fuse Gloria's infectious, enthusiastic vocals with the miami sound machine and what you get is...awesome! Every track is superb in it's own right. Estefan is still the best live concert I have ever seen. I went to see her at Wembley in 1989 when she was touring with this album. It was AMAZING!!!! 20yrs on, this album proves that she is a legend. An absolutely brilliant album, there is no doubt about that. Highly recommended!!

Flowers in the Dirt
Flowers in the Dirt

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the Future, Part 1!!, 24 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Flowers in the Dirt (Audio CD)
Completely agree with all the reviews posted for this gem of an album. 5 stars for sure! I also bought this CD the day it was released (from the former music shop, Our Price). 6 June 1989. My goodness, that's over 20yrs ago!! Scary!! Sounds like Back to the Future, Part 1. November fifth, 1985!! FITD is exactly that. Advanced, modern, different and everything a brilliantly written, performed and arranged music album should be. As some of the other reviewers have quite rightly said, FITD is the most underrated album Mac has produced. I can't remember how well it was received by fans and the music press when it was released, but irrespective of whether it was said to be good or not, this album is a masterpiece!! Buy it, play it and enjoy!!

Various - Precious Metal
Various - Precious Metal

5.0 out of 5 stars Precious musica!!, 22 Nov. 2009
Brilliant!! I bought this CD when it was first released in 1988. From memory (a long time ago now!), I purchased it from Our Price, Brentwood, Essex. Remember them? PM was 1 of the first 5 CD's I ever had. Awesome, from start to end. It was a follow up to Soft Metal, which, is equally good. Highly recommended for sure, for all 80's rock and roll fans!! Enjoy your musica people!!

Empty Streets
Empty Streets

5.0 out of 5 stars Late Night Brilliance!!, 19 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Empty Streets (Audio CD)
I've been buying music from Amazon for 6 years and have so far not written a review, so here is my first - about time!! Late Night Alumni. Well, what can you say? Quite a lot actually! Empty Streets is an absolute gem!! Not a surprise when you consider the combined talents of Raddon (Kaskade), Bjarnson, Hancock and BJW. Vocalists are often singled out and Becky deserves no less. She has got a unique, amazing voice!! No matter when, where and what time you listen to this music, it is always so good, from start to end. Stand out tracks? Of course Empty Streets, but also Seemingly Sleepy, The Rest of You, Eros, Keep Up With Me and Heaven. Gorgeous music. I can't recommend this album enough. It is Late Night Brilliance without a doubt!! A timeless classic, for sure. 4 years later, and LNA have just released a follow up - Of Birds, Bees, Butterflies Etc. Hopefully, it picks up where Empty Streets left off. It is currently available as digital download only, but will hopefully also be released on CD in the near future. Enjoy your house music people!!