Profile for MackieD > Reviews

Clinical Pocket Reference: Diabetes
by Anita Thynne
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great guide, 13 Dec. 2011
For someone who has just been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes this is an excellent guide to boost your understanding of this disease.

It is written in an easy to understand manner, mainly for use by healthcare professionals, but also for those of us who want to learn more about the disease that will now affect us for the rest of our lives.

It covers areas such as types of diabetes, diet, insulin, tablets, insurance, travel etc - all the things you need to consider as a diabetic and all in a pocket sized, laminated flip book.

Reading, and understanding it, will mean that you will be able to understand what your healthcare professional is telling you and for you to query what they are saying.

Remember in the end it is your body and only you can take control.

Science: The Definitive Visual Guide
Science: The Definitive Visual Guide
by Adam Hart-Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Science an excellent book, 6 Feb. 2010
Fantastic book. Made me remember all the science I had learnt at school, all those years ago.

My son thinks it is great and it has helped him with his school projects.

Alessi ASG04 AZ toilet brush - toilet brushes (Floor standing, Multi)
Alessi ASG04 AZ toilet brush - toilet brushes (Floor standing, Multi)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent loo brush, 7 Mar. 2009
Excellent brush. Really fun to look at and as you can buy another head for it it is one you can keep for years and keep clean, easily. The long handle also means that you can reach right down without sinking into the bowl.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2015 10:42 PM GMT

The Bumper Book of Look and Learn
The Bumper Book of Look and Learn
by Stephen Pickles

5.0 out of 5 stars This was the bees knees, 16 Sept. 2007
Yes this was the bees knees for all us kids in the 60s and 70s. Great history, great facts all written to enthrall us. This was my introduction to history, dinosaurs etc.

I have now bought this for my 10 year old and I know it will enthrall him as much as it did me. Great to see some of the old publications coming back. Much better than the mind numbing rubbish on the TV or the inane computer games.