Profile for Scampo > Reviews

Content by Scampo
Top Reviewer Ranking: 480

Scampo "Steve C" (UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cole & Mason Wood and Glass Croft Wooden 12 Jar Herb and Spice Rack
Cole & Mason Wood and Glass Croft Wooden 12 Jar Herb and Spice Rack

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful! We have a circular plastic rotating spice rack ..., 20 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Beautiful! We have a circular plastic rotating spice rack but this one is in a league of its own - far more stylish. Altogether something you will enjoying having on show - and, of course, very useful!

Always Discreet Normal Incontinence Pads - Pack of 96
Always Discreet Normal Incontinence Pads - Pack of 96

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good, effective product., 19 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife has been using these. She suffers from a problem common, it seems, to women in their mid fifties - slight urinary incontinence. I ordered these with my fingers crossed because they seemed similar to the ones she uses daily and I know she is very particular regarding the brand having tried many. She reports that they are first class - a small, discreet, comfortable and effective panty-liner that does the job it is designed for and does it well.

Essentials pH Meter
Essentials pH Meter

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat!, 6 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I never thought I would ever own a pH meter. Years back I worked in an analytical lab and used one daily. This is light years ahead of that old one. I thought it would be helpful to work out why certain plants don't thrive in parts of our garden and, lo and behold, it has. It easily calculates the pH of soil samples after a straightforward calibration using the solution provided. We have a real mix of soils for some interesting reason and the azaleas clearly do not appreciate the alkaline soil in our front garden! I've probably been too handy with the lime and Growmore. This little device tells it all.

Perixx PERIBOARD-804II US, Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard - 299x149x19mm - Compatible with iPhone - iPad - iPad Mini - Nexus - Galaxy Tab – S5 - Note - US English Layout
Offered by Perixx UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent value, works well., 6 Dec 2014
This is decent value for the price but I do think some of the reviews here might lead you to think it's in the same league as the much pricier Logitech keyboards. It isn't. It is light, quite "plasticky", well made and completely functional. It does its job well - for the price.

Zyliss Acid Etched Rotary Fine and Coarse Drum Grater
Zyliss Acid Etched Rotary Fine and Coarse Drum Grater

5.0 out of 5 stars A genuine hi-tech improvement over older similar devices., 6 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We own a very similar but much older version of this and my, hasn't technology moved on? The cutting part - the grater - is massively sharp compared with our older product. This means it grates with vastly less effort and puts far less strain on both you and the deice itself. This makes the Zyliss a doddle to use and it works brilliantly well. It's also very easy and quick to dismantle and clean thoroughly - rather better than our older one which has several curls of metal that trap food such as cheese rather too easily - not so the Zyliss. Top marks!

Lenovo Compact Bluetooth Keyboard with TrackPoint for ThinkPad Laptop
Lenovo Compact Bluetooth Keyboard with TrackPoint for ThinkPad Laptop
Offered by Buyur

5.0 out of 5 stars A top class prestige product - beautifully designed and made., 4 Dec 2014

Well - I'm used to Logitech quality and also use their excellent K810 Bluetooth keyboard, but I have to say that this Lenovo keyboard beats even that little beauty. This keyboard is extraordinarily well made and designed. The keys, despite the compact size, are well sized and well spaced. The feel is truly premium plus plus in every way. The "Trackpoint" button is simply wonderful to use - way, way better than any track-pad.

This keyboard has exceeded anything I hoped for when I ordered it. Well done Lenovo (the Yoga 2 Pro laptop is also truly superb. I'm a convert to Lenovo!

Lenovo Thinkpad Compact Bluetooth WITH Trackpoint Bluetooth, Keyboard
Lenovo Thinkpad Compact Bluetooth WITH Trackpoint Bluetooth, Keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars frankly - the best compact keyboard I've ever used!, 3 Dec 2014
It seems strange for the other reviewer to give this keyboard 3* for the reason stated. The review should be for the product not the supplier. I have just bought one of these (direct from Lenovo - the UK layout version) to use with my new Yoga 2 Pro laptop.

Pinzon Heather Jersey, Dark Gray, Double Fitted Sheet
Pinzon Heather Jersey, Dark Gray, Double Fitted Sheet

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely, easy-to-wash and easy-to-use fitted sheet., 27 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very easy to wash and, for a fitted sheet, pretty easy to fold (after a fashion!). It doesn't show the creases too much, fits snugly and doesn't move when you do. Altogether a lovely and well made item and at the price, good value.

Up until this one we've always used Marks and Spencer fitted sheets - which are very good, too. This one has the advantage of feeling very soft and is warm to the touch when you get into bed. Highly recommended.

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro 13.3-inch QHD+ (3200 x 1800) Multimode Touchscreen Laptop (Orange) - (Intel Core i7-4510U 2.0 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB HDD, Integrated Graphics, HDMI, Webcam, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Windows 8.1)
Price: £1,199.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Owned for three days - initial thoughts!, 26 Nov 2014
I thought readers might be interested in a short report on my first three days with my new Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro in case you're considering this "2in1" convertible laptop.

I've given it 5 stars - thoroughly well deserved. This is easily the best experience I've ever had after buying a new piece of computer equipment. I would at this point - if I could - give it 10 stars. It is, frankly, superb in use. Set up was very quick indeed - the slowest aspect was updating Windows 8.1.

First piece of advice born from experience:

1. Before you install any other software, accept "Express Install" from the Microsoft Windows 8 installation.
2. Before doing anything else, allow Windows 8 to update itself to Windows 8.1. Make sure all Windows updates are installed.
3. If you have an external drive, now create a full emergency back up on a separate external hard drive using the excellent included Lenovo "One Click" restore (the laptop does, however, already contain a full back up of Windows 8 on a separate "D" hard disk partition, so the operating system can easily and quickly be reinstalled. The issue here is that if you use this, a full update procedure to get back to Windows 8.1 is then necessary, so making your own backup will prove a time-saver if needed.

My next step was to download and install "Start8". This is a cheap little program that restores a more traditional Windows 7 type experience, meaning you don't need to use the Windows 8 features - the so-called "Metro" interface. This is excellent when the device is used as a tablet, but for me at least, not when typing normally using this as a laptop. Start* allows the Windows desktop to be used as it was in Windows 7, but with all the advantages of Windows 8.

Once up and running, my experience has been wonderful. This laptop does it all - and does so at great speed. It has a super-fast 256GB SSD and 8.0GB of RAM memory, which makes everything run at often near instant-speed. Start-up is seconds rather than what - a minute or more for a typical laptop?

It so far - a dream machine. I almost bought the Yoga 3 as it is the latest model (Nov. 2014) but reviewers seem a little unsure of the Intel M chip it is built around. I went for the Yoga 2 as it is so well reviewed and uses the reliable super-fast Intel i7 chip. It also has a full - and wonderfully easy to use - keyboard. The Yoga 3 is a touch thinner and a touch lighter, but this Yoga 2 is thin and light. I suspect the Yoga 3 would have been its equal really - but I do rather trust reviewers.

I have also been using it wirelessly to project the Yoga screen onto to my TV using a Belkin Screencast. I started up with trepidation having had past issues with a Samsung Ultrabook but connection was instant (I had updated all of the Lenovo drivers just in case).

So - Highly Recommended!

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro 13.3-inch Touchscreen Laptop - Silver (Intel Core i7 4500U 1.8GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1 Home Premium)
Offered by Laptop Outlet UK
Price: £1,189.99

5.0 out of 5 stars this is easily the best experience I've ever had after buying a ..., 24 Nov 2014
Well - I'll update this of course as I get more experience, but I thought I'd report on my half day with my new Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro. I thought some readers might wonder at the ease or otherwise of buying a new laptop or PC.

You can see that I've given it 5 stars; and quite rightly: this is easily the best experience I've ever had after buying a new piece of computer equipment. I would at this point – if I could – give it 10 stars. It is, frankly, superb. Set up was very quick indeed - the slowest aspect was updating Windows 8.1. My first step was to download "Start8" which is a cheap little program that restores the "Windows 7" to Windows 8 and means I can use the desktop as if this was Windows 7, but with all the advantages of Windows 8. I am just a bit old fashioned and prefer the Windows 7 more traditional menu system. The Yoga 2 doesn't need this if you use it as a touch-screen laptop, but, well - I like to use a mouse in the old-fashioned way! This laptop does it all - and does so at great speed. It has a super-fast 256GB SSD and 8.0GB of RAM memory, which makes everything run at often near instant-speed. Start-up is seconds rather than what – a minute or more for a typical laptop?

It so far – a dream machine. I almost bought the Yoga 3 as it is the latest model (Nov. 2014) but reviewers seem a little unsure of the Intel M chip it is built around. I went for the Yoga 2 as it is so well reviewed and uses the reliable super-fast Intel i7 chip. It also has a full – and wonderfully easy to use – keyboard. The Yoga 3 is a touch thinner and a touch lighter, but this Yoga 2 is thin and light. I suspect the Yoga 3 would have been its equal really – but I do rather trust reviewers.

So – Highly Recommended!