Profile for Jo > Reviews

Content by Jo

Jo (Starcross)

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (BBC Radio Collection: Chronicles of Narnia)
by Paul McCusker
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe audio CD, 6 Dec 2012
Always a good Christmas read and even better when someone reads it to you! Highly recommended - a timeless classic.

Red
Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Red by Taylor Swift, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Red (Audio CD)
Someone recommended getting the deluxe version of this album and my daughter and I both enjoy most of the tracks. Some duets do not seem to be in Taylor Swift's personal style, but a good album and worth listening to.

Sing Your Times Tables Audio CD: Learn your tables the fun way. Updated Version
Sing Your Times Tables Audio CD: Learn your tables the fun way. Updated Version
Offered by singyourtimestables

3.0 out of 5 stars sing your times tables, 6 Dec 2012
My daughter found the characters a little childish, but if aimed at pre-school and nursery it's a good way to learn times-tables.

Mad, Bad And Sad: A History of Women and the Mind Doctors from 1800 to the Present
by Lisa Appignanesi

4.0 out of 5 stars a good, comprehensive and well written history, 6 Dec 2012
I enjoyed reading this history - it is well-researched and well-written. A good buy, prompted by see the author on a BBC programme recently.

Sticky Mosaics Butterflies
Sticky Mosaics Butterflies

5.0 out of 5 stars sticky mosaics, 12 Oct 2012
This review is from: Sticky Mosaics Butterflies (Toy)
I bought this for my 8 year old daughter who enjoys doing the mosaics with her friends. The butterflies are now hanging on our wall to remind us of an enjoyable afternoon, sitting round the table making beautiful mosaics. My only criticism might be that if not stuck securely the pieces fall off and stick to the floor instead!

Disney Fairies Tinkerbell Costume (Large, 7-8 years)
Disney Fairies Tinkerbell Costume (Large, 7-8 years)
Offered by Fancy Dress Discount Store

5.0 out of 5 stars fairy costume, 16 July 2012
I bought this for my daughter's Midsummer play - although Tinkerbell, it is a fun outfit for non-Disney occasions! She loved it.

Geemarc Mayfair Retro Style Two Piece Corded Telephone - Cream - UK Version
Geemarc Mayfair Retro Style Two Piece Corded Telephone - Cream - UK Version

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality nostalgia, 26 Oct 2011
I bought this to replace a fuzzy-sounding wireless phone which kept losing its charge and am very pleased. Good quality, reminds me of 'phones from my teenage years and easy to us (push button but dial design - also redial button). A good buy!