Profile for Sparkle > Reviews

Gossip [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ James Marsden
Offered by robertsmike2005

4.0 out of 5 stars good film!, 5 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Gossip [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
I bought this just because Norman Reedus is in it and I have a bit of an obsesion at the minute, I expected it to be ok.

I was impressed with it though, I liked seeing the characters in different situations, in lectures, at parties and in there appartment. I liked the idea behind the film and that enjoyed it alot. I nearly was put off at the begining because I thought it seemed like it might just be one of those "teen" films, the language and all the talking about sex but I stuck with it and I soon was hooked. I did see the ending coming but it was a good ending and not one that was too obvious too early.

You Don't Know Me (Puffin Teenage Books)
You Don't Know Me (Puffin Teenage Books)
by David Klass

4.0 out of 5 stars unusual and unique, 20 Feb. 2012
I enjoyed this book, It is written from the point of view of a teenage boy who is struggling to live with an unpleasent step father. He feels alone, lost and unloved as most people do at some point when at that age. We follow him as he tries to learn who he is and keep away from the stepfather...

Toast: The Story of a Boy's Hunger
Toast: The Story of a Boy's Hunger
by Nigel Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 20 Feb. 2012
I was very puzzled by the negative reviews of this book as it is one of the few books that I wont get rid of. I read alot and only four books have stayed on the shelf instead of being given to friends or sent to charity shops.

I had no idea who nigel slater was before I found this book at a charity book sale and found it very indearing.

I enjoyed how the book was layed out in short memories and liked how I felt I was with him as he grew up. It was full of emotion and hope and not giving up.

There are quite alot of sex references but it is a biography of a young boy growing up and learning that he is gay, I have certainly read much more graphic and unpleasant sex stories in so called classics. This didnt offed me and and I am very nieve and quite prudish to be honest.

I find Nigel slater to be one chef who isnt snobbish or protencius.

Tattooed by the Family Business
Tattooed by the Family Business
by Mo Coppoletta

5.0 out of 5 stars Really interesting, 20 Feb. 2012
I love this book, I really wanted it for christmas last year and my mum gave in and bought me a copy and I am so glad she did!
I love it and find the tracing paper pages of the drawings that are layed on top of the photos of the completed tattoos really interesting, its lovely to see how the designs come to life with shading.

The Book Lover's Journal (Diary, Notebook, Organizer)
The Book Lover's Journal (Diary, Notebook, Organizer)
by Rene J. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was after, 20 Feb. 2012
I looked all over the place for the right book journal for me and couldnt find hardly any in the shops so had to order it online ( I didnt really want to because I felt that I wanted to have a really good look at the pages before choosing)
Anyway I picked this one and it arrived really quickly and I am really pleased with it! So mpleased I picked this one after reading other reviews on here.
I like that it isnt alphabetical, it gives a good amount of space to write my thoughts (some have pages for big reviews- I didnt want that), it has room for me to right other books that I want to buy and it is a good size :) Has a good spot for poping a pen aswell :)

the only things it doesnt have that I would have liked are some stickers that others have, a little pocket at the back for lists and stuff, and a bit on each page for when I started and finished reading each book ( there is plenty of room for me to right this next to the title though.

I deffinatly picked the right book journal for me!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4