Profile for Mr.R.Holliday > Reviews

Mr.R.Holliday

KitSound Ribbons In-Ear Earphones with Microphone - Black
KitSound Ribbons In-Ear Earphones with Microphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, great value, 24 Aug 2012
Over the years I have fallen into the trap of buying expensive in-ear headphones. I have learnt my lesson the hard way, general life expediency about a year with the constant commuting.

Having recently brought a new iPod and decided to treat myself to some new in-ear headphones that I could use on my iPod as well as my iPhone. My apple headphones went straight into the draw with the others, to painful to ware and to be honest they don't sound great. Whilst browsing online I saw the Kitsound ribbons, giving me the dual functionality with my iPod and iPhone and the choice of colours all at a reasonable price.

Knowing the brand to produce quality audio accessories, as I already own a KitSound BoomDock Docking Station for iPod / iPhone 4, 4S, 3GS, 3G it was an easy purchase. With a rich clear sound they sound better than some headphones twice the price. The noise cancelling is good and I now avoid some of the occasional glares from fellow commuters. The anti tangle flat ribbon cable is a bonus, now no more knots.

Don't make the same mistake and pay over the odds for a pair of in-ear headphones. These sound great work with my iPhone are noise cancelling and are tangle free well worth it.

SMS Audio SYNC By 50 Cent Over-Ear Wireless Headphones - Black
SMS Audio SYNC By 50 Cent Over-Ear Wireless Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Pleasure, 23 July 2012
Length:: 1:20 Mins

I have been looking for a wireless set of headphones for a while and the SMS Sync's by 50 seemed to tick all the right boxes. For me the primary function of any headphones is the sound quality. These certainly don't disappoint, enhanced by the comfort from the soft leather memory foam cushion ear pads, the rich sound is boosted by the 40mm custom drivers and digitally tuned EQ. When I compare these too my old headphones there is no comparison, my music has now been enriched by a quality set of headphones. If you like some more bass, with one touch you can turn on the THUMPP enhanced bass which adds a deeper sound without any distortion.

Style and functionality:

It's clear that the Sync's have been designed with an emphasis on style as well as functionality. Out of the box they look fantastic, from the chrome polished trim to the high gloss finish these look the part. They are extremely well built and look robust enough withstand extensive use. Simply charge the headphones and the 3.5mm wireless transmitter via USB on your PC or through the mains. Once complete you are ready to experience true wireless sound with around 17 hours of playback on one charge. Additional function controls situated on the right ear piece mean you can adjust the volume and skip tracks; however these only work with USB or 30 pin transmitters. The non-tangle audio cable with built in microphone is compatible with iPod, iPad and iPhone, when you receive an incoming call the music will pause, and remain on pause until you hang up. Now I never miss a call when I'm on the train listening to music.

Wireless:

The most impressive aspect of the headphones is the KLEER wireless technology, one of the primary reasons for me choosing the Sync's. I can now watch TV while my wife reads her kindle, listen to music without the restriction of wires. It uses a 2.4GHz radio signal with a 50' range which works best when in line of sight with your TV, MP3 player or audio device. As Most people carry their MP3 player or phone in their pocket there should be no loss of signal. Additionally you can sync up to four headsets to one audio source, ideal for gaming and sharing music with your friends.
In conclusion from packaging, build quality, style and functionality these are by far the best headphones I have owned.

Playfect PS Eye & Kinect Multi-Stand (PS3/Xbox 360)
Playfect PS Eye & Kinect Multi-Stand (PS3/Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars Better Safer Gaming., 28 Mar 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I have owned my kinetic for several months now, it has been sitting by the side of the TV and has been working fine. Having a young daughter it was only a matter of time before it was knocked on the floor. With this in mind I was looking for a solution and the Multi Stand popped up in my recommendations.

At the time it had no reviews but Having owned a Playfect controller in the past I decided to buy the stand. It arrived the next day and was easy to assemble and attach to the TV. Initially I wondered how stable it would be once the kinect was attached, but once in place it felt secure.

This has saved my kinect as well as space and now keeps it out of reach of tiny hands. The added bonus is that if I get a PSEye at some point I can simply attach it the Multi-Stand, two for the price of one.

Overall I'm pleased with the stand it much cheaper than a new kinect and it is far better situated on the top of the TV, improved gaming all round.

SSX Tricky (PS2)
SSX Tricky (PS2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, fun and funky (and VERY challenging), 20 Feb 2002
This review is from: SSX Tricky (PS2) (Video Game)
Reviewer: Ian Hammond from Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire Having bought a PS2 for Christmas for both myself and my 5-year old son, I researched and bought 7 top games. This is by far the most played by both of us - it has everthing you could want from a game: speed, variety, challenge, playability, smooth graphics, great sound (music, commentary and rider comments - all in awesome DTS digital sound, for those playing through a home cinema system), plus huge DVD content. Its just good fun for all ages, you can choose to play in race or show-off/trick mode and progress either with each of the 12 riders making it a game that will last for ever. Each rider has their own style of boarding which you can feel and get into when playing. We are totally new to console gaming and buying this game alone is worth the ... for the PS2 console. Even if you not into this type of sport (or sport at all), you will not be disappointed with the challenge and fun that can be had. Split screen two-player mode is never as good as full screen on any game, but is good fun on this - it helps when you want to knock your opponent off their board ! There's a trick tutorial section, which helps you along the way to performing new tricks in competition and gaining new outfits & boards - new tracks (9 in total) are accessed by winning races and medals and get progressively harder and more interesting. I cannot praise the developers of this outstanding game enough for providing entertainment value way above the £45 asking price - do not hesistate to buy this game !

Ginger Snaps [DVD] [2001]
Ginger Snaps [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Emily Perkins
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

2.0 out of 5 stars Clever in places, 25 Oct 2001
This review is from: Ginger Snaps [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
This film opens with a beautifully crafted credits, each still is a photographic masterpiece. The film deals with the foreboding onset of female pubity. How indeed are the makers of this film going to deal with it ? They embark on the notion that one of the two main characters inseparable sisters is bitten by a werewolf whilst on the hunt for the aforementioned beast which has been killing local dogs in the area. As her metomophasis begins she deals with the sudden interest in men an the awakenings of her sexual desires.
The film whilst dealing with these interesting notions begins to waver once the emphasis is shifted from her pubescent problems and concentrates on the werewolf aspect. It is at this point that the film slowly falls into the old
formulas of werewolf films. As a note what would make an interesting film would be the notion of a wereman or woman which could deal with mans continuos envelopment of his natural surroundings. Hence wolfs and animals becoming man's playthings losing all there wild characteristics.
Anyway back to the film in question, once the original idea has been milked the film begins to drift. Mimi Rodgers plays the mother who has no touch on reality. She thinks she can relate to her daughters and is in touch with there feelings, but like most parents is grossly mistaken. The father like most is non existent and has no time for his girls now they are beginning to grow up.
Clever in places as this film is it loses it's thread totally at the end of the film with some dodgy Howling style effects. All this is not needed, and as I have said at the end you could be watching any number of werewolf films. In my opinion the heart of this film bares a strong resemblance to A Company of Wolves a far cleverer look at female sexual awakening.

Lust
Lust

4.0 out of 5 stars Future Music, 6 Oct 2000
This review is from: Lust (Audio CD)
This is a mix of samples from all thoses films we have ssn or want to see. It is a real diverse mix of upbeat tracks with drum and bass in places. The best thing about this is its upredictability. Whats coming next, Blue lips has a retro disco feel, this is an album which has the old feel of Nine Deadly Venoms with the fresh new mix of soundscapes. There a one or two repetive tracks but this is a progression forward, with all the nostalgia of the great movie samples with a new edge. Depth Charge are highly underestimated. I can recommend this as a good edition to your collection

Medal Of Honor
Medal Of Honor
Offered by Click4entertainment Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Shooting heaven, 20 July 2000
This review is from: Medal Of Honor (Video Game)
This is the best first person shooter for the Playstation. The missions are diverse and when you get to the gun turrets you can vent out all your fustration onto the oncoming Germans. Go undercover as German Officer armed only with yor papers, and a trusty silencer. The death match mode is great fun, if you have the cheats you can be the likes of Winston Churchil or Will shakespear. All in all a first class gun feast. Looking forward to the sequal.

World Championship Snooker
World Championship Snooker
Offered by Click4entertainment Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars This is top grade entertainment., 18 July 2000
Some people might say your a sad old git if you play this, but they are wrong. This game is complete with all the coughs and backgrond sounds of a real snooker match. Easy to learn controls, withan excellent guide to get you started. I'm hooked, if you like snooker then this is the best. Play it by yourself or with mates, give it a go you won't be disopointed. Your girlfriend might.