Profile for Mrs. L. M. Larkman > Reviews

Content by Mrs. L. M. Larkman

Mrs. L. M. Larkman "Larks" (Somerset, UK)

Kenwood FP920 3 Litre Multi Pro Food Processor, 1 kW - Brushed Stainless Steel
Kenwood FP920 3 Litre Multi Pro Food Processor, 1 kW - Brushed Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars What a Godsend!, 3 Mar 2007
I am delighted to write that the FP920 is now my best friend in my kitchen (apart from my Aga). The FP920 has taken all the hard preparation work out of cooking. I actually look forward to cooking meals, as I know it will only take a few minutes to prepare. The cutters and shredders work well when slicing all manner of vegetables and for grating cheddar cheese. The cutting blade is excellent for chopping up onions (no streaming tears anymore)and I include the garlic when chopping up onions because I hate cleaning out my garlic press after use. The only disappointment is the julienne disc in which I found that the french fries were too small. In my opinion, this disc is suitable for julienne vegetables but not the potato.

The main cutting blade also makes light work of cake making; takes no time to rustle up small cakes and scones and the cutter is also excellent for chopped vegetables. I also found the smaller bowl to be useful for smaller amounts.

I have used the grinder to chop nuts, dates and grind coffee beans. All were satisfactory. The coffee beans can be ground from coarse to fine depending on your preference. All of the equipment I have used so far has been excellent in its use as a kitchen aid, though I have not used the citrus press as yet.

I do agree with the lady who said you have to ensure the mixing bowl is in place before the machine starts up. I also spent about 10 minutes in which I thought I would have to return the item as faulty, before realising that I had not clicked the bowl into position. The spindle was a bit of a nuisance initially as it is not fixed. You have to take care when removing the bowl so as to control the spindle's movement.

The blender is excellent for soups, drinks and breadcrumbs. I liked the glass jug as it is so easy to wash, in fact all of the equipment is easy to wash - quicker than putting the bowl, etc in the dishwasher.

The FP920 is easy to use and looks handsome in the kitchen.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2012 12:37 PM BST