Profile for Caroline > Reviews

The Earl and the Traitor's Daughter: A Regency Romance
The Earl and the Traitor's Daughter: A Regency Romance
Price: 0.77

1.0 out of 5 stars No stars would be generous., 12 Feb 2013
I cannot remember the last time I felt so frustrated with a book. I paid 77p for this drivel so felt compelled to see it through, hoping the author might redeem herself a little. Unfortunately another disappointment. I couldn't wait to finish it so the nightmare would finally end. Poorly written, poorly edited, poorly thought out.

My Lord Wicked (Historical Regency Romance)
My Lord Wicked (Historical Regency Romance)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly enjoyable read., 12 Feb 2013
Although I felt the story started slowly this only added to the story telling and understanding of the characters. By the end of the book I was totally engrossed. Can't wait to read this again.

Penelope ( A Madcap Regency Romance ) (The Fairweather Sisters Book 1)
Penelope ( A Madcap Regency Romance ) (The Fairweather Sisters Book 1)
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars A very light hearted tale NOT for serious lovers of the Regency period, 7 Feb 2013
I agree with the previous reviewer that the language of this story is inappropriate of the time and the subplots are ridiculous and beyond comprehension. "Eggplant" is an American or Australian term, "ginormous" (a word I detest) was first known to have been used around 1948, not to mention "already" which is more commonly used as an American colloquialism. These are just some of the pitfalls of this tale.
When you are first introduced to Penelope she comes across as a twelve year old and not someone of marriageable age. I must admit I was bored in the first couple of chapters and had to will myself to persevere. However by chapter 5 the storyline started to take off. Penelope's and Charles's antagonistic relationship was endearing and at times funny, but it was through this relationship I could find the charm of this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2013 3:48 PM BST

Ambersley (Lords of London Book 1)
Ambersley (Lords of London Book 1)
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable read., 30 Jan 2013
It was so lovely to follow Johnny's story from the very beginning. The wealth of characters left me wanting more and I can't wait for the sequel. A little annoying was the sudden change in Johnny's accent, but to be honest that could have been down to my interpretation. Also the ending didn't feel right to me and I didn't want it to end there, however that could be a testament to the fact that this was a thoroughly good read.

Loving the Marquess (Landing a Lord Book 1)
Loving the Marquess (Landing a Lord Book 1)
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars One of the better Historical Romances out there, however..., 30 Jan 2013
I couldn't put it down and read this in one sitting, which is really unlike me. Louisa is not too feisty or boisterous (unlike many of the heroines in these types of books, which often puts me off) and felt as though the author got the right balance between the characters, the dialogue and the story. It was lovely to follow a story past the emotional realisation of the characters, however I agree that more time could have been spent developing the ending.

Despite all of this there were a couple of issues I had with this particular read. Firstly the repetition of the phrase "his/her smile didn't reach his/her eyes " became quite irritating. I'm sure the author could have thought of a different phrase to use to describe the facade she was trying to convey in her characters. I have read quite a few novels on kindle now and editing mistakes seem to be the norm, so the omission of the occasional word is just about forgivable. But I could not forgive the author when Louisa returned to the cottage and she made a reference to her "parent's" bedroom. It was not in fact her parent's bedroom as her mother had never lived there and was actually her father's room. Also in chapter nineteen William Tate suddenly became James Tate when Louisa and Nicholas were discussing the footman. Whoever is responsible, the author, the editor or whoever converted this to kindle, surely they know the storyline and characters? These errors left me disappointed and annoyed.

If you can look past these mistakes, then I would say it is definitely worth a read. Get absorbed and lost in this this romantic tale.

I will read this tale again, so overall I give this 3 and a half stars!!!

Navitech Purple Bycast Premium Executive Leather Flip Folio Book Style Carry Case & Back cover night light / reading light For The Amazon Kindle Touch Wi-Fi 3G 6"

4.0 out of 5 stars All in all a very good product, 30 Jun 2012
Colour not as bright as in the photo, more a dark purple but still smart. Love the fact that is doesn't have a clasp (which usually gets snagged when getting things in and out of bags) but still has a magnetic close. I would say it's too big for a pocket but ideal for a lady's bag or for a briefcase. All in all a very good product for a very good price. I have seen similar products for 3 times as much sometimes 4. Only disappointment is the shade of purple was not as expected.
With regards to the reading lamp. I can see it being useful. The arm is flexible and the clip is easy to use (something that is highly important for someone who has RA). However it is cheaply made and the back to the battery case is not secure and comes off with the slightest jolt.
The case is worth buying in my opinion, especially at the offered price, but if you want a reading light I would suggest buying this separately.

Lily Lolo Mineral Bronzer - Waikiki - 8g
Lily Lolo Mineral Bronzer - Waikiki - 8g
Offered by Beauty Outlet
Price: 12.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for medium toned skin, 14 May 2012
This bronzer really shimmers and glows and gives you that sun kissed look. It gives a real bronzed effect and I can see that it would be easy to put too much on and over do it. I have used bronzers before and this one does not disappoint but as I have quite fair skin I think this one will take some getting used to.

Lily Lolo Mineral Blush - Doll Face - 3g
Lily Lolo Mineral Blush - Doll Face - 3g
Offered by Beauty Outlet
Price: 7.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the shimmer!, 14 May 2012
Very excited when I ordered this product then when I opened it it looked darker in the jar than I was expecting and my heart sank. However once I tried it I fell in love with it. You don't need to use a lot on the brush. It actually comes out very light and is quite a subtle colour but it really shimmers, which I adore.