Profile for Ms. K. Johnston > Reviews

Content by Ms. K. Johnston

Ms. K. Johnston "K. Johnston" (Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
InstaNatural Scar Cream - Best Removal Treatment for Old & New Scars - With 15% Sea Kelp Bioferment, Almond Oil, Epidermal Growth Factor, Niacinamide, MSM & Vitamin E - Skin Hydrating Formula - 1 OZ
Offered by InstaNatural EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Skin feels baby smooth :), 4 Feb. 2016
Having been only using this product for a few days, I can only present my first impressions for this cream as with any scar cream like this obviously won't make a noticable difference in such a small amount of time.

The cream itself is very soft and easily spreadable. It has a nice texture and feels like it could be doing some good. It's very hydrating and I noticed specifically how hydrating when I used it on my face. I have some old acne scars I am trying to fade and have been using some harsher products than usual. I felt weird just using it on my cheeks so I actually put it all over my face. My skin has been dry and peeling from the other products I've been using, but this made my skin feel so soft and hydrated.

I also used it on a scar I have on my hip from having some bone removed, and it felt nice and smooth and seemed to sink into my skin quite well.

The price is a little much in comparison with some other scar treatments, although I never found that popular branded scar oil to be much use. I guess it only takes 1 bottle to know if it's going to make a difference.

I received this product at a discounted price in exchange for my fair and honest review.

InstaNatural Rose Mask - With Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide, Aloe Vera & More - Best Skin Brightening & Moisturizing Blend for Face - Made With Fresh Rose Petal Extract - 4 OZ
Offered by InstaNatural EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells like Turkish Delight!, 4 Feb. 2016
I won't bore you by filling up my review with lots of ingredient information pasted from Google. What I can tell you is that I starting using this mask a few days after using a face peel and a few other harsh skincare products in a bid to fade some acne scars that I have. The mask itself is rose scented (obviously), but not over powering. Rose wouldn't be my favourite scent in the world generally, but it smelt like Turkish delight and was actually quite nice.

From the look of it it actually looks like very runny honey, but it was not at all sticky, and in fact is like a lightweight gel texture. I left it on for about 20 minutes, and when I washed it off my face was indeed very hydrated and soft, and the dry patches from my face peel were gone. I used it just before bed, and in the morning my skin was still soft and clear even after applying no other products.

The only downside I can give is that for a not well known company, the price is quite steep.

I received this product at a discounted rate in exchange for my fair and honest review.

JETech® Diamond Leather iPad Mini Smart Cover Case for Apple iPad Mini and the New iPad Mini II with Retina Display (2014 Version with Built-in Stand and Front/Back Protection and Built-In Magnet for Sleep/Wake Feature) (Purple)
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great job!, 25 April 2015
Excellent! Good price, durable, looks great. Got one for me and my mum and they look great compared to some of the cheap ones available in shops.

Holly Hagan's 12 Week Body Bible
Holly Hagan's 12 Week Body Bible
by Holly Hagan

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for inspiration, but little bit overpriced!, 25 April 2015
I disagree with the person who has gave this one star. I don't see any totally complicated meals or anything that isn't doable, and no weird hard to find ingredients. If you are looking for a plan that uses exactly the same food as you usually do then it's not going to work. It's a 12 week plan which obviously expects that you are willing to change some of your current lifestyle.

Granted I feel like the price is a bit much for such a short book, but even if you arnt fond of Holly, I still think she is very relatable and inspiring to come as far as she has.

The meal plan is basically carb cycling. It's not a crash diet and I'm looking forward to giving it a go and see what results I get.

4 x La Riche Directions Semi-Perm Hair Colour Rose Red (ALL COLOURS Avail) 4x 88ml
Offered by beautygoddess

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful colour, but has it's disadvantages!, 2 Oct. 2014
The Rose Red is a beautiful colour and definately has more staying power than most of these types of colour. I tried this brand as a few others I used before would colour fine initially, but after first wash my roots would be a noticeable wishy washy colour on the new hair. This one definately stayed put on the roots and all over, and stayed vibrant for weeks, but.....it has some serious issues with water.
Everytime I washed my hair the water would run pure deep pink, which gave me palpitations every time it rained outside. I could venture nowhere near a swimming pool.
I couldn't put up with the fear of that any longer, so I decided to go back to a more natural brown. This stuff stains your cuticle like I've never experienced! I have removed pink before, but 4 colour removers later, several ash colours, unred colour remover, vitamin c masks; nothing removes this!
Through most of the length of my hair (which is in good condition) I still have an obvious red tone to my brown hair.

Good points and bad, up to you to weigh them up! Seller was great though, packaged well and quick delivery.

100ml Castor Oil - 100% Pure Cold Pressed
100ml Castor Oil - 100% Pure Cold Pressed
Offered by Naissance

5.0 out of 5 stars My saviour!, 2 Oct. 2014
I have been using this oil for just over a month on my eyebrows and it has definately made a vast improvement! Previously my eyebrows had been over plucked and were very patchy and sparse. I get complimented on my eyebrows quite frequently, but only because I have to spend 10-15 minutes each morning filling them in with powder and perfecting them with concealer! Doing this had actually made me more aware of how horrible they were as it meant I couldn't go out without filling them in as I just didn't look or feel myself. I was seriously considering getting semi-perm make-up before trying the oil, but they are growing in great now and I can't wait to see the difference in a few months.

I try to use it every night before bed but I do forget sometimes. Just a little bit straight out of the bottle on my finger and massage it in.
It hasn't stained my pillowcases as far as I can see, but then they are quite patterned so I maybe wouldn't notice.

Along with this I have now started tinting my eyebrows at home with Godefray tint kit I also bought from amazon, and it really picks up the colour in the new fine hairs growing.

No particular smell really and good price. Will last a long time!

Spirit Of Flight Beaded Bookmark
Spirit Of Flight Beaded Bookmark
by Peter Pauper Press
Edition: Misc. Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great job :), 18 Aug. 2013
Beautiful, sturdy, has a lovely beaded tassle and comes in a plastic cover which keeps it nice and clean and stops it from getting bent out of shape.

Polycotton Polyester Hollowfibre Duvet, 13.5 Tog, King
Polycotton Polyester Hollowfibre Duvet, 13.5 Tog, King
Offered by Arthurstrading

5.0 out of 5 stars Like sleeping in a cloud, 27 Mar. 2013
Bought this after I could only get a kingsize duvet cover I loved from Next and needed a new duvet to fit it for my double bed.

My last one got all caught up in my feet and was just a nightmare even though it was a popular brand. Ive used this one for a couple of months now and its still big and fluffy and far superior to my last. Such good value and really is the perfect size for a double bed without hanging over too much.

5-HTP 100mg. 90 Capsules (Healthlab) 99% Pure.
5-HTP 100mg. 90 Capsules (Healthlab) 99% Pure.
Offered by Health lab

5.0 out of 5 stars A great nights sleep!, 27 Mar. 2013
Ive been taking this for about 3 months now. Before I had really bad insomnia, staying awake until sometimes 6 in the morning and taking nytol probably more often that I should of.
I started with 3 a day but then got lazy and started just taking 1 with my vitamins in the morning.

I actually didnt even notice them working until just one day I thought "Oh I havent had insomnia in a while!"

So I would say they take a few weeks to work, but I find 1 a day is enough to give me a great nights sleep. I usually get asleep within 15 minutes now. Also my mood has been excellent. Im unemployed and single at the moment so its now like I have anything else that would put me in such a good mood. I couldnt even concentrate on anything bad now if I tried. My mind just wanders back to a happy place. I will definately continue to buy 5-HTP, though I may experiment with another brand just to see the difference, but I think the Healthlab ones are fab!

Natrol Biotin 10,000mcg, Maximum Strength, 100 Tablets [Kitchen]
Natrol Biotin 10,000mcg, Maximum Strength, 100 Tablets [Kitchen]
Offered by reloads

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, 27 Mar. 2013
Ive been taking the biotin for about a month and so far the two main differences Ive noticed are my nails and eyebrows.

My nails used to split really badly so that I would have to cut them flush with my fingers. My nail varnish would peel off where they chipped at the ends, and they were in just bad shape. They've know grown quite long and strong and it really makes me want to take care of them more.

Also my eyebrows have been really sparse for years due to overplucking. I tried growing them out a few months ago but there was always a point they just wouldnt grow anymore. I really feel like the sparse patches have grown in a lot. I was panicking about going on holiday next month and having to fill them in just to go to the beach, but now I think they'll be fine after a tint. Even my mum noticed.

Also my hair has gotten super shiney and healthy :) I will definately be repurchasing!

Page: 1 | 2