Profile for Ms. K. Johnston > Reviews

Content by Ms. K. Johnston

Ms. K. Johnston "K. Johnston" (Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
4 x La Riche Directions Semi-Perm Hair Colour Rose Red (ALL COLOURS Avail) 4x 88ml
Offered by The Rock Collection

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful colour, but has it's disadvantages!, 2 Oct 2014
The Rose Red is a beautiful colour and definately has more staying power than most of these types of colour. I tried this brand as a few others I used before would colour fine initially, but after first wash my roots would be a noticeable wishy washy colour on the new hair. This one definately stayed put on the roots and all over, and stayed vibrant for weeks, but.....it has some serious issues with water.
Everytime I washed my hair the water would run pure deep pink, which gave me palpitations every time it rained outside. I could venture nowhere near a swimming pool.
I couldn't put up with the fear of that any longer, so I decided to go back to a more natural brown. This stuff stains your cuticle like I've never experienced! I have removed pink before, but 4 colour removers later, several ash colours, unred colour remover, vitamin c masks; nothing removes this!
Through most of the length of my hair (which is in good condition) I still have an obvious red tone to my brown hair.

Good points and bad, up to you to weigh them up! Seller was great though, packaged well and quick delivery.

100ml Castor Oil - 100% Pure Cold Pressed
100ml Castor Oil - 100% Pure Cold Pressed
Offered by Naissance

5.0 out of 5 stars My saviour!, 2 Oct 2014
I have been using this oil for just over a month on my eyebrows and it has definately made a vast improvement! Previously my eyebrows had been over plucked and were very patchy and sparse. I get complimented on my eyebrows quite frequently, but only because I have to spend 10-15 minutes each morning filling them in with powder and perfecting them with concealer! Doing this had actually made me more aware of how horrible they were as it meant I couldn't go out without filling them in as I just didn't look or feel myself. I was seriously considering getting semi-perm make-up before trying the oil, but they are growing in great now and I can't wait to see the difference in a few months.

I try to use it every night before bed but I do forget sometimes. Just a little bit straight out of the bottle on my finger and massage it in.
It hasn't stained my pillowcases as far as I can see, but then they are quite patterned so I maybe wouldn't notice.

Along with this I have now started tinting my eyebrows at home with Godefray tint kit I also bought from amazon, and it really picks up the colour in the new fine hairs growing.

No particular smell really and good price. Will last a long time!

Spirit Of Flight Beaded Bookmark
Spirit Of Flight Beaded Bookmark
by Peter Pauper Press
Edition: Misc. Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great job :), 18 Aug 2013
Beautiful, sturdy, has a lovely beaded tassle and comes in a plastic cover which keeps it nice and clean and stops it from getting bent out of shape.

Polycotton Polyester Hollowfibre Duvet, 13.5 Tog, King
Polycotton Polyester Hollowfibre Duvet, 13.5 Tog, King
Offered by Linens Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Like sleeping in a cloud, 27 Mar 2013
Bought this after I could only get a kingsize duvet cover I loved from Next and needed a new duvet to fit it for my double bed.

My last one got all caught up in my feet and was just a nightmare even though it was a popular brand. Ive used this one for a couple of months now and its still big and fluffy and far superior to my last. Such good value and really is the perfect size for a double bed without hanging over too much.

5-HTP 100mg. 90 Capsules (Healthlab) 99% Pure.
5-HTP 100mg. 90 Capsules (Healthlab) 99% Pure.
Offered by Health lab

5.0 out of 5 stars A great nights sleep!, 27 Mar 2013
Ive been taking this for about 3 months now. Before I had really bad insomnia, staying awake until sometimes 6 in the morning and taking nytol probably more often that I should of.
I started with 3 a day but then got lazy and started just taking 1 with my vitamins in the morning.

I actually didnt even notice them working until just one day I thought "Oh I havent had insomnia in a while!"

So I would say they take a few weeks to work, but I find 1 a day is enough to give me a great nights sleep. I usually get asleep within 15 minutes now. Also my mood has been excellent. Im unemployed and single at the moment so its now like I have anything else that would put me in such a good mood. I couldnt even concentrate on anything bad now if I tried. My mind just wanders back to a happy place. I will definately continue to buy 5-HTP, though I may experiment with another brand just to see the difference, but I think the Healthlab ones are fab!

Natrol Biotin 10,000mcg, Maximum Strength, 100 Tablets [Kitchen]
Natrol Biotin 10,000mcg, Maximum Strength, 100 Tablets [Kitchen]
Offered by UniStore

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, 27 Mar 2013
Ive been taking the biotin for about a month and so far the two main differences Ive noticed are my nails and eyebrows.

My nails used to split really badly so that I would have to cut them flush with my fingers. My nail varnish would peel off where they chipped at the ends, and they were in just bad shape. They've know grown quite long and strong and it really makes me want to take care of them more.

Also my eyebrows have been really sparse for years due to overplucking. I tried growing them out a few months ago but there was always a point they just wouldnt grow anymore. I really feel like the sparse patches have grown in a lot. I was panicking about going on holiday next month and having to fill them in just to go to the beach, but now I think they'll be fine after a tint. Even my mum noticed.

Also my hair has gotten super shiney and healthy :) I will definately be repurchasing!

Balance Snake Venom Face Scrub 75ml
Balance Snake Venom Face Scrub 75ml

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite scrub!, 13 Feb 2013
Ive only been using this scrub for 2 days, but so far I think its great!

I usually take my make-up off with a face wipe, then use facewash to take off the dirt left behind before using the scrub.

It has good small beads but they are definately rough enough for some good scrubbing without damaging the skin. It also has kind of a minty fresh feeling. Sometimes it smarts around my nose but I assume thats to do with the snake venom ingredient, but its nothing major.

I also bought the face mask, day and night cream, and the 2 serums. Still undecided yet whether to get the 2 wrinkle products (Im only 25) but Il see how it goes. Couldnt do any harm! Even though its only been 2 days I can already tell theres a difference in my skin as its much more even toned, but as Ive been using the whole set I cant really single out a particular product.

Although I did order this on amazon, I also found it in Semi-Chem for half the price £1.99. They had the whole range :)

Shining Semi-Permanent Hair Color - Hot Pink - 118ml
Shining Semi-Permanent Hair Color - Hot Pink - 118ml
Offered by SENDERCITY

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't do anything!, 6 Feb 2013
I was looking for something to replace crazy color as it stains everything I lay my head on, and the reviews for this seemed pretty good. Ive just used it and would need to see it in daylight but at the moment it really looks like I havent done a thing.

My hair is medium brown and I dye it pink because I like magenta sheen to it, but my roots were growing out and they are quite light, but it doesnt seem to have covered them at all. Not even a pink hint.

I did think it was unusual that as I was rinsing there didnt seem to be much pink in the water, so I guess its just not very highly pigmented. May work on blonde hair.

Fifty Shades Trilogy: Fifty Shades of Grey / Fifty Shades Darker / Fifty Shades Freed

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the read but not on the favourites list for me!, 23 Aug 2012
Straight to the point really. Its a good read but if you're looking for an actual story, its few and far between the sex bits. And if your just looking for the naughty stuff then its quite repeatitive. Theres only so many ways, and I found myself quickly scanning the sex scenes after a while as I was quite bored.

As for the characters, it plays out as if Ana is some ballsy girl and Christian a deep brooding hunk just in need of a little love, but really he is incredibly needy and her constant reassurances every 5 minutes get on my nerve a little bit. If that was me and some guy acted like that, he would be out of my sight within a week, no matter how hot or rich he was.

The last book seemed a little rushed. Without spoiling the plot, there just seemed to be an awful lot happening in a short space of time and it didnt really feel right.

Dont get me wrong, I liked the books, and I look forward to the film; but I feel like it neither filled me with warm fuzzy feelings nor made me want to jump the nearest male. It should have really done one or the other, I dont mind which.

Buy it, but dont be afraid of reading it on the bus. Your not going to have a "When Harry met Sally" moment...

The Dressmaker's Technique Bible: A Complete Guide to Fashion Sewing Techniques
The Dressmaker's Technique Bible: A Complete Guide to Fashion Sewing Techniques
by Lorna Knight
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everything!, 20 Mar 2010
Just recieved this book today and I'm so impressed. Althought I know how to do all the different types of seams and I'm not a beginner, I had forgotten a few of them. This is a great book for inspiration and makes you want to take the extra time to use different techniques instead of just sticking to old faithful. The only problem was that some of the pages were stuck together as its a ring bound book, so I tore some of the little bits holding it together. If you pull the pages apart as if you were reading from back cover to front before you read it I find they dont rip as easily.

Page: 1 | 2