Profile for Kaguya > Reviews

Chris Ryan's Strike Back [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Chris Ryan's Strike Back [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Richard Armitage
Price: 8.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue-ray enhances the whole of this terrific show, 26 Jun 2010
I watched Strike Back first on DVD and then on Blu-ray. If you ask me whether it was worth paying an extra three pounds for the Blu-ray version, I'd say ABSOLUTELY YES!
I even invested in a region-free Blu-ray player to watch this and the fantastic visual experience was truly well worth the investment.
The fabulous picture quality does justice to the majestic panoramas; it simply took my breath away! I believe Strike Back owes a part of its charm to the beautifully shot grand-scale landscape and the Blu-ray quality enhances its sublime presence so much that the landscape gains its own voice, so to speak, and offers an alternative viewpoint on the unfolding of the human dramas.
Blue-ray beautifully drew my attention to everything that was worth seeing in Strike Back: the actors, the scenery, the well-designed action sequences, the blood, the sweat and the tears. My full review of this great series can be found in the regular DVD section.

Chris Ryan's Strike Back [DVD]
Chris Ryan's Strike Back [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Armitage
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a refreshing treat!, 20 Jun 2010
I really hope this will be distributed to the Japanese market, where American dramas are predominant in this genre. Unlike the usual action-packed dramas that leave me with a feeling of emptiness, this highly entertaining British drama has at its core a moving story of redemption of the character John Porter which makes me want to watch it again and again. Thanks to the superb performance of Richard Armitage, John Porter has definitely become my new hero! Armitage is not only convincing as a strong SAS soldier but is also wonderful in his subdued and subtly nuanced performance in the quiet scenes, which are at the same time most intense and powerful. When will they make the second series? Can't wait!