Profile for Bridget Manning > Reviews

Content by Bridget Manning

Bridget Manning "Ena Manning." (Ireland.)

Page: 1 | 2
Kocom White 6 VDC 2 Way System Intercom
Kocom White 6 VDC 2 Way System Intercom
Offered by go4products

4.0 out of 5 stars This is the second 2 way Kocom system I have ..., 26 May 2015
This is the second 2 way Kocom system I have had - the previous one was installed in 2006 - and worked until recently. The new one is working okay and I look forward to using it for many years - it is connected from my upstairs bedroom to a downstairs bedroom. It gives me a sense of security in case I need help. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift., 12 Nov. 2013
This review is from: 21 (Audio CD)
I chose this rating as I know the recipient loves Adele.
I would consider it as a gift for teenage family.

The Naked Now: Learning to See as the Mystics See
The Naked Now: Learning to See as the Mystics See
by Richard Rohr

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Subject, 12 Nov. 2013
It is an excellent book by Richard Rohr who has a deep understanding of the human personality and can help one to grasp the need to have relationships with others on a which goes below the surface of casual acquaintanceship. To reach the soul of another person without judgement. He is an author whose books on spirituality should be read by all who are interested in their own spiritual being.

Moon Over Ireland
Moon Over Ireland
Offered by Not2day Media

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift for elderly sister., 12 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Moon Over Ireland (Audio CD)
Brought back pleasant memories for me and my sister. She has a painting of Two Little Orphans since she was very young and wanted the words - but the only place we could find them was on your Website - so Daniel O'Donnell provided the answer. Thank you.

Pope Francis
Pope Francis
by Paul Vallely

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting to know the real person behind the name., 11 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Pope Francis (Paperback)
I found the book very enlightening as to Pope Francis childhood. The effect his grandmother Rosa had on him spiritually.
His own comments on his life in the Jesuits at a young age and his discipline in certain matters relating to some church members in Argentina.
The book tells of how his attitude has changed and his ideas have become more in tune with those he may have been in conflict with - reaching out to the poor and politically undermined - seeking justice for the slum dwellers - eating and mixing
with them and facing up to those in power.
Also it was interesting to read of the groups of the 'fors' and 'against' his election. He was nearly elected at the previous election of Pope Benedict. In my opinion I think we have a good pope in Francis who will build the church up from the base to the top rather than the other way around. Like a pyramid.

The Art of Segovia
The Art of Segovia

5.0 out of 5 stars Talent will Out and his love of Music which he can draw people into., 10 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Art of Segovia (Audio CD)
Segovia is an artist - reminds me of my husband's love of music, especially that of Segovia who plays from the heart.

Simplicity: The Freedom of Letting Go
Simplicity: The Freedom of Letting Go
by Richard Rohr

5.0 out of 5 stars One cannot help but appreciate the writing of Richard., 10 Mar. 2013
Easy to understand - but still deeply spiritual and a book to help us live life simply though our lives in reality may ber complicated.

Fireside Book 2011 (Annual)
Fireside Book 2011 (Annual)
by David Hope

4.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting, 10 Sept. 2010
A glance through the Fireside Book 2011 was just to whet my appetite. As always it is a book of hope and for reading in the evenings when one is tired of daily chores. I intend to read a little every day in 2011 as I have done in the past with the same book for different years. Many blessings.

Dehumanizing the Vulnerable: When Word Games Take Lives
Dehumanizing the Vulnerable: When Word Games Take Lives
by William Brennan

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought Provoking -, 20 Jan. 2010
A Powerful Book - and so true. William Brennan has enlightened my mind about the attitudes of those - even in our modern day - who can use words and phrases in order to negate the horror of what is and went on in our world from time immemorial in order to manipulate the thinking of their peers about the various classes of humanity to further their own agenda. It is a book which should be read by al students who are studying humanity in all its precious form.

Best-Loved Celtic Fairy Tales
Best-Loved Celtic Fairy Tales
by Neil Philip

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Jun. 2009
I sent this book Best Loved Fairy Tales by Isabelle Brent and Neil Philip. to two of my grand-daughters - one in England one in Achill Island. Ireland. They were delighted with them. One comment "very interesting and enjoyable" - the other "I read it when I am in bed". They are aged 10/12 years.

Page: 1 | 2